OMG: ODU -7 vs. JMU TOMORROW NIGHT?

Re: OMG: ODU -7 vs. JMU TOMORROW NIGHT?

I heard Adam Meyer was a James Madison grad... Just what I heard.

Though this would be what, 5 in a row for you Shrink?

munson15

I want winners...

Where is that line posted? I want to get in ahead of Shrink's steam!:D

good call on them against Del, i'll be looking for this one as soon as it opens.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead colSpan=2>01-15-08 09:58 PM</TD></TR><TR title="Post 1053322" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>jjgold</TD><TD class=alt2>I will fade Kenny's pick, he is due to lose.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Who let this loser back in? What happened, JJ, you get banned at the RX again? :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

Where is that line posted? I want to get in ahead of Shrink's steam!:D

Shhhhhh...

I am supposed to be setting this game up to bet the opposite side of who I like in order to move the line a half point or so for my mentor....:cocktail

MCP

Shhhhhh...

I am supposed to be setting this game up to bet the opposite side of who I like in order to move the line a half point or so for my mentor....:cocktail

you may not do it.. but it isnt that far fetched of an idea

I believe that thinking is really outlandish if you stop and think...

The bookmakers I know move on WHO bets the game as well as the money involved...

Therefore, I could get a few of my "sharpy" Friends amd myself to manipulate the line a lot easier than relying on posters whose bet sizes I dont even know..

Journeyman

EOG Master

I use to know a poster named Fishhead, he swore he could move lines with his threads...good guy, funny guy.

Matt

EOG Veteran

I use to know a poster named Fishhead, he swore he could move lines with his threads...good guy, funny guy.

Fish is an excellent all around gambler. But I would not call him one of the best handicappers. He makes the majority of his coin from scalps, middles, etc not straight bets.

cashflowmatters

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks big guy!!!

Due to the conspiracy theory, I will post this play just before I leave for the game...

THE SHRINK

lol, you must be the resident old dominion expert here because you seem to know a lot about the team and seem to have plays on ODU either way.

At least your not saying "well my informative source told me JMU but my brain is telling me ODU", i am sure you know who that is, lol.

BOL tonight on the game:cheers

Shrink, are you a ODU alumnus?

He went to [VMS] Va. Medical School which is about 4 blocks down the road.

Mrs Montana has her masters degree from ODU thou!!

and I have been to every bar within 5 or 6 blocks from ODU!!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I used to live in NORVA while in the Navy...did Shrink go to Med school at EVMS or did he just do his psych residency there?

I used to live in NORVA while in the Navy...did Shrink go to Med school at EVMS or did he just do his psych residency there?

I went to Medical School at EVMS and graduated in 1984...

I also did the majority of my Psychiatry residency here, too...

THE SHRINK

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

Shrink -med school
Mrs - masters degree
Tony - bar degree :+clueless

My kind of guy.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I went to Medical School at EVMS and graduated in 1984...

I also did the majority of my Psychiatry residency here, too...

THE SHRINK

thanks Shrink...not that it matters but I thought you had gone to Med school in NY. We share ties to ODU, I used to have season tickets there in the late 70's...they played at Scope then and they just about gave the seats away...things have changed now!

munson15

I want winners...

Back to the topic, I don't think that Shrink needs to post ALL the ODU games, just the ones he feels strongly about would be good enough for me. His selections have been hot, but the popularity of the ODU threads shouldn't put him in the position of having to force the issue. Just my .02.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Damn, I have not been following the plays so I am jumping in after 5 straight winners in ODU games. Is that accurate SHRINK?

cassiusclay

EOG Master

Tony, ever been to a bar on the water in va beach called chicks? Cool place, i was wondering if it was still there....

ODU (8-9) -6 1/2 vs. JMU (10-5)

Play ODU and lay the points...

At first glance, one would think the oddsmakers are crazy to install ODU as a 6 1/2 point favorite looking at the overall win/loss records of both Schools...

My goodness, JMU is a perfect 6-0 at Home and a not too shabby 4-5 on the Road, so what gives?

A close inspection at their schedule reveals that this 4-5 Road record wouldn't be damning if those team's RPIs didn't add up to nearly 1,500.

To date, JMU has beaten the likes of Dartmouth, Eastern Kentucky, and South Carolina State away from Virginia.

Hell, JMU has lost its last 3 games away to the likes of Charleston, Hofstra (3-11) & William & Mary.

For those who don't know the CAA too well, Hofstra isn't the same team this year. They have WON only two other games all year prior to beating JMU and their first win was by 2 points at HOME back on November 14 of last year against Manhattan!

When I handicap hoops, the most important factors I look at are DEFENSE and MATCHUPS...

While offenses can go south every once in a while, D's are much more steady...

And speaking of DEFENSE, ODU ranks 3rd in the conference allowing 63.7 points per game overall whereas JMU ranks 11th (second to last) allowing nearly 10 more points per game at 73.5.

Also to boot, JMU turns the ball over the 3rd most out of all the teams in the CAA...

As for MATCHUPS, ODU matches up really well against this undersized team. In fact, Hofstra just recently out-rebounded JMU by a 38-23 margin. And ODU rebounds much better than Hofstra...

JMU lacks big men so they also don't have an answer when it comes to guarding ODU's Best Player, Gerald Lee, standing 6 feet 10 inches tall..

Finally, I can't remember the last time ODU didn't beat JMU by double digits at HOME and ODU still remembers losing last year on the road to them, which was followed by a 12 game winning streak for ODU...

ODU is also a great bet following a LOSS when they return home so everything I factor into handicapping tells me to take the ODU MONARCHS, so I did...

Best of Luck,

THE SHRINK

Last edited:

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Hi Tony!

Have you been to A.W. Shucks in Ghent yet?

The Munchkin Man thinks it might be your kind of place.

Munchkin Man

munson15

I want winners...

Shrink, can you rate this play? I'm thinking of unbuckling on this one after reading your writeup. The more detail, the more confidence in the selection?

Shrink, can you rate this play? I'm thinking of unbuckling on this one after reading your writeup. The more detail, the more confidence in the selection?

munson,

Sometimes I have more time than others to explain. This was one of those times. I wouldn't change the size of your bet...

Good Luck,

THE SHRINK

munson15

I want winners...

munson,

Sometimes I have more time than others to explain. This was one of those times. I wouldn't change the size of your bet...

Good Luck,

THE SHRINK
Thanks for talking some sense into me, I was just in a silly mood I guess. :flatten

Woody

EOG Veteran

I got on at -6.5 at Party Bets. You guys remember that Party Poker outfit?