NBA Playoffs...

This could be one of the major factors in the series, the Heat play zone as much or more than any team in the playoffs, and they've had great success with it, the problem is, like you alluded to, the Nuggets are good at beating the zone, it's due to Jokic's ability to always find the open man, the Celtics couldn't figure it out, but having a big man who can pass the ball at an elite level is key to beating a zone. I think what the Heat will try to do defensively is allow Jokic be a scorer, but limit him as a playmaker, no one in the league can stop him, or even contain him, but to have a chance, I think the Heat need to single cover him and not allow him to pick their D apart, which is what will happen if they double him, they need Jokic to be more of a scorer and less of a facilitator to have a shot
Yep., Every team has let KCP MPJ Murray and Brown beat them.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Bad Boys had a similar record in Portland. Not going to check but it was a long and deep state losing streak. 3 straight to wrap up the series.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I would rather play Denver than Milwaukee and especially Boston again. Miami passed the 2 Kesha hardest tests. Won left.

Dell I understand you just started paying attention to basketball about a month and a half ago but those of us that have been paying attention all season know that The Nuggets have been on cruise control since January. Had the best record in the league on February 28th. Last 10 to 15 games they're resting guys getting ready for the playoffs while Milwaukee Boston and Philly are still playing their hearts out. Still ended up in first place by a mile.

Like I said before Denver is a terrible matchup for Miami. Minnesota Phoenix and the Lakers all matched up better against the Nuggets.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The good thing is we will find out Thursday and Sunday. 2 easy Denver wins, there you go. Heat steal 1 or 2 games, there you go. I don't like this silly talk that Jokic is unstoppable. When did this happen? He was stopped every previous playoffs. You go with your paper. I'll go with my 2004 deja detroit basketball vu.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I've done a deep dive like I do every series. The makeup of each team is very similar one star and a bunch of role players. You could easily argue 2 of the 3 best players are on the Heat but the next 5 best players all play for the Nuggets. Denver crushes zone defenses (I think they've scored on every possession in the playoffs). Butler avg 11.9 points per 100 possessions with AG guarding him the next best player in the league was over 17. Nuggets 6-0 in their last 6 meetings. I mean I'm just being honest here not trying to shit on the Heat what they've done to get here is beyond impressive but I was more worried about Minnesota than I am Miami. Like I said I'm sure Celtics fans thought the same thing and of coarse I've been wrong way to many times to count but I just don't see it here.

Jamal Murray Isn't A Role Player.

He's Averaging 28 PPG With A FG % of 48.3. In The Playoffs.

He's 62-67 at 92.6 % on FT.

2 Of The 3 Best Players In The Series Are On The Nuggets.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
I don't like this silly talk that Jokic is unstoppable
Dell, I know you don't follow the league that close until the playoffs, but believe me, Jokic is the best player in the game, and honestly I think there's a gap between him and whoever is second, there is no weakness to his game, he's by far the most complete player in the league, beating that dude four times will take everything the Heat have and more. Beating the Bucks and Celtics was extremely impressive, but the Heat know those teams well and knew they could beat them, they beat Giannis in a series a couple years ago, they've met the Celtics several times in the playoffs and have shown they can play with them, but Denver presents a different type of challenge, I won't bore you with matchups and x's and o's, but I'll give you just three quick things that must happen for Miami to have a chance, they lead all playoff teams in three point percentage (Denver is second), they'll need to keep shooting it at a high clip, they'll also need to limit Jokic's assists, if he averages near double digits that's a bad sign, and they need their zone to be effective, the Heat play more zone than anyone and they've had success with it, the problem is Denver eats up zone defenses, mostly due to the skill level of Jokic. Of course I hope I'm wrong and the Heat win you a bunch of roosters, but beating Denver will be tougher than beating Milwaukee and Boston

kane

EOG master
I think what the Heat will try to do defensively is allow Jokic be a scorer, but limit him as a playmaker, no one in the league can stop him, or even contain him, but to have a chance, I think the Heat need to single cover him and not allow him to pick their D apart, which is what will happen if they double him, they need Jokic to be more of a scorer and less of a facilitator to have a shot
I found a couple of interesting quotes from Bam, which backs up what I posted the other day about how they'll defend Jokic

“Make him take tough shots, force him into tough shots, and live with the result. That’s the biggest thing for me,” Adebayo said his strategy against Jokic. “I feel like this is one of those series where he becomes very dangerous when you let his teammates get involved, and he can make those incredible passes and end up with 12 assists.”

Adebayo hinted after the Heat’s Game 7 win in Boston that the strategy may be to let Jokic play as a scorer and try to limit his assists, which could mean Miami will allow Adebayo to defend Jokic one-on-one in most situations. “The biggest thing for us is try to limit his assists,” Adebayo said. “It sounds easier said than done. But biggest thing for us is watching film and figuring that out.”

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If Jokic stands on his crew cut head, I'll mea cookie. You are right. Didn't follow until playoffs. Nuggets haven't been tested like they are about and that includes the "unstoppable" Jokic.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If it is Denver and Florida, that is an ace of base $13,000 plus roosters. Should have been $27,000. Forgive me Father for I have sinned with pleasures of the cash me flesh. A possible expensive we lick. Denver and Vegas, worse and worse but it would be several 2 win roosters. Will depend what else.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If it is Welcome to Miami, I have no idea ace of base but I'm guessing more than $13,000. Miami and Florida, probably $100,000 ace of base.

kane

EOG master
If Jokic stands on his crew cut head, I'll mea cookie. You are right. Didn't follow until playoffs. Nuggets haven't been tested like they are about and that includes the "unstoppable" Jokic.
The crazy thing about Jokic is the guy doesn't look the part, he looks like a giant loaf of white bread, he isn't cut or bulging with muscles, he isn't very athletic, he doesn't run fast, he doesn't jump high, he doesn't look physically imposing, but then the game starts and he's always the best player on the floor. Dell, the NBA is my favorite sport, I follow the league close, trust me, the guy is skilled beyond belief, he's the best player in the world, even if he doesn't look the part. These are his playoff stats 30/13/10 shooting .538 from the field and an amazing .474 from three. Now, if there's any team, and any coach, who can come up with something to slow him down, it's Spo and the Heat, but this will be the toughest test the Heat have faced. If Miami can pull it off, it will go down as the greatest run any team has ever had in the playoffs

lap18

EOG Dedicated
I onl
The crazy thing about Jokic is the guy doesn't look the part, he looks like a giant loaf of white bread, he isn't cut or bulging with muscles, he isn't very athletic, he doesn't run fast, he doesn't jump high, he doesn't look physically imposing, but then the game starts and he's always the best player on the floor. Dell, the NBA is my favorite sport, I follow the league close, trust me, the guy is skilled beyond belief, he's the best player in the world, even if he doesn't look the part. These are his playoff stats 30/13/10 shooting .538 from the field and an amazing .474 from three. Now, if there's any team, and any coach, who can come up with something to slow him down, it's Spo and the Heat, but this will be the toughest test the Heat have faced. If Miami can pull it off, it will go down as the greatest run any team has ever had in the playoffs
I only follow NBA during playoffs. The first time I saw Jokic I thought everything Kane stated above. He looks like he's playing in mud.
But he gets it done every game and my opinion he will dominate Miami

Couldn't have said it better myself. Yes if Miami finds a way to win these finals going through the gauntlet they have it will easily be the greatest run of all time.

Heim

EOG Master
I guess at 3 years 25mil...Caleb says you only get one good series out of me. All his props were (correctly) juiced to the under.

Heim

EOG Master
I don't think I've ever seen 3 seconds called on Jokic in the key.

Which is unbelievable.

Malone tried his best to blow this one. Why he didn't rest Joker at the beginning of the 4 quarter like he normally does is beyond me.

That was the worst quarter of basketball since they entered the playoffs.

1st three quarters were the domination I expected .