NBA News/Injury News Monday Jan 28-Feb 3/2008

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Re: NBA News/Injury News Monday Jan 28-Feb 1st/2008

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Wade to play despite flu on Friday </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Dwyane Wade - G - MIA - Feb. 1 - 1:41 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Dwyane Wade made it through shootaround and is planning on playing Friday against the Nets, despite being slowed by the flu lately.
Not only is this good news for Wade owners needing him tonight, but if he's going to gut this one out, it's a good sign that he's going to continue to play for as long as he can despite the Heat's dismal record and his aching body.
Source: Miami Herald
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Wizards' Butler a game-time decision </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Caron Butler - G/F - WAS - Feb. 1 - 3:10 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Caron Butler attended shootaround Friday morning but only did light shooting and his status for tonight's game is undecided.
His hip is feeling better but is still tight. The Post's Ivan Carter thinks Butler may be concerned about aggravating the injury and having it linger if he returns to quickly. In addition, "Tough Juice" has had the flu for a few days and had to get an IV because he couldn't keep food or water down. Given all of that, it would be quite admirable if he were able to go tonight. If he can't go, Andray Blatche will start in his place.
Source: Washington Post

Hache Man

Re: NBA News/Injury News Monday Jan 28-Feb 2nd/2008

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>LeBron likely a game-time decision Saturday </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>LeBron James - F - CLE - Feb. 2 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>LeBron James is still experiencing tightness in his sprained right ankle and isn't sure he's going to be able to play on Saturday.
''It's not too bad; I'll be OK,'' James said. ''I don't know if I'll be back Saturday but I will probably be ready for the Celtics (Tuesday).'' James spent Friday receiving treatment on the ankle, but there won't be any new updates until after Saturday's shootaround. Consider him a game-time decision against the Clippers after testing it out in the pregame.
Source: Akron Beacon-Journal

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Caron Butler hoping to play on Sunday </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Caron Butler - G/F - WAS - Feb. 2</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Caron Butler did not play on Friday against the Jazz due to the lingering effects of the flu and a hip injury.
"I'm just going to get some more treatment and try to get my body right," Butler said. It's likely that Andray Blatche will start again tonight, while Butler is hoping to play on Sunday.

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Anthony vows to play for Nuggets Saturday </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Carmelo Anthony - F - DEN - Feb. 2</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Carmelo Anthony said on Friday that he will play on Saturday against the Charlotte Bobcats even though his left ankle still isn't 100 percent.
"It's good enough for me to go out there and be able to do what I can do," Anthony said Friday. "I hate sitting out. I'm happy to be back." So are his fantasy owners, if this is not another false alarm. Melo's missed five straight games, but it sounds like he's really going to go this time. George Karl says he'll work him back into the mix slowly at first, but at least he's going to play.

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Curry not likely for Saturday with flu </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Eddy Curry - C - NY - Feb. 2 - 1:37 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Eddy Curry looked "downtrodden" after Friday's loss in Portland and beat writer Marc Berman doesn't expect Curry to play on Saturday in Seattle.
David Lee could get another start tonight, which will just be another opportunity for him to make his ongoing case to be in the starting lineup.
Source: New York Post

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Michael Redd out for Saturday's game </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Michael Redd - G/F - MLW - Feb. 2 - 4:26 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Michael Redd will not play on Saturday, despite targeting the game for a return from his knee injury.
This will be Redd's fourth straight DNP, but the Bucks get a bit of good news, as Desmond Mason will return to the lineup for the first time since having thumb surgery six weeks ago. Expect Mason to immediately cut into Bobby Simmons minutes.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Gerald Wallace out Saturday with foot strain </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Gerald Wallace - F - CHA - Feb. 2 - 7:21 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Gerald Wallace will not play in the Bobcats game on Saturday, after an MRI revealed that he has a foot strain.
Wallace sat out in the fourth quarter of Friday's game, but since it was a blowout we assumed that there was no lasting injury. Unfortunately, he woke up on Saturday in extreme pain and is now questionable for Monday's game, as well. In the meantime, expect Jared Dudley to log some extra minutes.
Source: Charlotte Observer

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Caron Butler questionable for Sunday's game </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Caron Butler - G/F - WAS - Feb. 2 - 7:00 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Caron Butler (flu and hip injury) did not practice with the Wizards on Saturday, but he did shoot around for a while and will be a game-time decision on Sunday.
"I have not seen him get contact and I haven't seen him change direction in competition," coach Eddie Jordan said. "As a coach, you always like to see a guy get through practice." It sounds as though Butler's hip is still giving him trouble, and we'd wait for more optimistic news before putting him back in your lineup. Andray Blatche has been very impressive as a fill-in starter, and could eat away at Brendan Haywood's minutes once Butler returns.