NBA In-Season Tourney

Heim

EOG Master
I must admit it was a bigger success than I thought it would be. A little more intensity than a regular season game, however I could have done without the medal ceremony and MVP presentation at CHIP games end. Too WWE like for a meaningless game especially since none of the stats count in last game for Cup.

Heim

EOG Master
I can't believe how serious Lebron took this tournament. The good thing is playoff intensity rubbed off on the young guys, otherwise a lot of energy in a long season.

railbird

EOG Master
Nobody gave a poop. Nba nuts selling tix for 1000 each for sat night game. Heard the wifi was down and Many got in free

Ray Donovan

EOG Enthusiast
I think Lebron had a LiL extra incentive as to try add thez in season tournament championships to his resume~ in his battle w/Jordan to be the goat. Notta Lebron fan but I give Lakers credit for winning Cup

Heim

EOG Master
I think Lebron had a LiL extra incentive as to try add thez in season tournament championships to his resume~ in his battle w/Jordan to be the goat. Notta Lebron fan but I give Lakers credit for winning Cup

You nailed it. There's a video that's gone viral while the champagne was flowing where he mentioned MJ.

blueline

EOG Master
Heard somewhere discussing betting the game ( must have been one of the VSiN shows) that Lebron is laser focused.....he wants to add anything he can to his resume to try and top MJ.

I guess these tournaments are big in the soccer world but as a fan is winning this something to brag about? When the dust settles after the finals does anyone care who won the in-season tournament?

Players get money....maybe bragging amongst peers...maybe a few more games with high intensity instead of " mailing it in"......I still don't get the allure of it.

Heim

EOG Master
Lakers just won this thing, now on a downward spiral. So naturally sources are saying Lebron and Davis are unhappy with Ham
and his player rotations. There might be some truth to this. James storms out of locker room on Wednesday without talking to reporters.

Here we go again, LA the hub of soap operas, has another one at Crypto, 'Old & The Restless'

Heim

EOG Master
Speaking of Lakers, how is it possible they shoot 23 free throws in 4th quarter to Raptors 2. That disparity should be looked at.

kane

EOG master
Raise your hand if you had Malachi Flynn dropping 50 last night, and give yourself a pat on the back if you even know who the fuck he plays for

Heim

EOG Master
Raise your hand if you had Malachi Flynn dropping 50 last night, and give yourself a pat on the back if you even know who the fuck he plays for

Even more impressive is he came off the bench. 3rd time ever, I know Jamal Crawford did it too.

kane

EOG master
Funny seeing the traditional powers, LA, GSW and PHO battling for a playoff spot.
OKC, Den, and Min at the top of the West, when you look at the ages of their stars compared to the ages of the stars on those teams, this figures to be the norm going forward, as the saying goes, there's a new sheriff in town, or in this case, three new sheriff's

Heim

EOG Master
OKC, Den, and Min at the top of the West, when you look at the ages of their stars compared to the ages of the stars on those teams, this figures to be the norm going forward, as the saying goes, there's a new sheriff in town, or in this case, three new sheriff's

Very true. At least GSW are trying to infuse new blood. The other two, well.....

kane

EOG master
Very true. At least GSW are trying to infuse new blood. The other two, well.....
The Wiseman pick didn't work out, but I like Kuminga, and that Podzsemski kid has some potential, I'm sure I bungled his name

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The Wiseman pick didn't work out, but I like Kuminga, and that Podzsemski kid has some potential, I'm sure I bungled his name

I watched most of the recent Mavs/Warriors game. I was shocked. Warriors had 39 bench points; Mavs had 13. Curry had an off night, but all the subs played well.

Instead of looking like a disinterested, courtside spectator, Kerr and staff actually looked engaged, like they cared whether they won. Not enough to trust them like I used to, but encouraging, nonetheless.