My second baseball bet of the year is already a game of the year!

Heim

EOG Master
Marlins might be the worst team in the league. Even the Halo broadcast team was commenting on their body language, lethargic, disinterest.

We move on...

kane

EOG master
And there isn't any help on the way, their farm system ranks among the league's worst, years of bad drafting, bad trades, and bad FA signings, combined with bad ownership and a bad front office, and this is what you end up with.

Last year Kim Ng did a great job with the roster, she made a couple of late season trades that helped get them in the postseason, she was rewarded by being demoted, instead of accepting the demotion she left, I don't know what she's doing now, but I suspect she has a smile on her face

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
It has been a similar story with the Blue Jays after the 2015 season.

Alex Anthopoulos had the Jays General Manager job and had built a team that finally made the playoffs,
snapping a 22 year playoff appearance drought.

We move to the off-season and in walks Mark Shapiro from Cleveland who becomes the new Club President.
Shapiro was ostensibly hired to trim the team’s payroll and he made it clear to all concerned that he was empowered
to exercise his unfettered veto powers at his exclusive discretion over any proposed roster moves.

Anthopoulos resigned from the Blue Jays, and in 2017, Anthopoulos joined the Atlanta Braves
and under his guidance won the 2021 World Series and also won the National League East
in each of his first five seasons leading Atlanta's baseball operations department.

Meantime, ever since losing Anthopoulos, Shapiro and the Jays have been wallowing in mediocrity
with fan attendance falling off the charts.

The cream always rises.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
And there isn't any help on the way, their farm system ranks among the league's worst, years of bad drafting, bad trades, and bad FA signings, combined with bad ownership and a bad front office, and this is what you end up with.

Last year Kim Ng did a great job with the roster, she made a couple of late season trades that helped get them in the postseason, she was rewarded by being demoted, instead of accepting the demotion she left, I don't know what she's doing now, but I suspect she has a smile on her face

I love how the announcers were hyping up Puk even after he gave up 2 runs in the 1st inning..

"But he has GOT THE STUFF"

Clearly this team is the worst team in baseball. Location of that stadium will never do anybody any favors.

Had them in a 5 team parlay and it was the first game which cost me too. Crazy. Everything else hit.

Last edited: