MLB Hot Stove 2024

kane

EOG master
The Marlins signed Tim Anderson to a 1 year deal, a win win for both parties, it gives Miami a legitimate everyday shortstop, and it gives Anderson a chance to rebound from a bad season and sign a bigger contract with someone else next year

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The names on the backs of the uniforms look like they are from a dept store or a Chinese knockoff.

The Cubs are showing every ST game on Marquee unless ESPN shows them.

Heim

EOG Master
Yamamoto was impressive today....19 pitches, 16 strikes, only problem, tipping his pitches. Rick Monday, Dodger announcer knew what was coming before thrown from the CF camera view.

Heim

EOG Master
Boras was almost apologetic in the Bellinger signing with Cubs for 3/50mil. Blames the change in market conditions. lol

Valuist

EOG Master
Kane,

I know you follow Cincinnati quite a bit. What's your take on the 82 1/2 or so season win total? I know Greene and Lodolo were out most of last year. Will De La Cruz live up to the hype?

kane

EOG master
Kane,

I know you follow Cincinnati quite a bit. What's your take on the 82 1/2 or so season win total? I know Greene and Lodolo were out most of last year. Will De La Cruz live up to the hype?
I haven't bet it yet, but I like the Over, all the kids are a year older and the experience they got last year should benefit them, I really like the offseason additions, of course it will all come down to their pitching, Greene and Lodolo need to develop into the pitchers the Reds think they can be, I like the addition of Montas to the rotation, and Diaz in the closer role, if things go right for them, they're a serious playoff contender, the division is the weakest in the NL, the Cardinals win total of 85.5 is the highest in the division, that total is pretty low for the leader, As far as Elly goes, I think the kid has the potential to be a star, his tools and skill set are crazy, but I also think he can end up a bust, he whiffs way too much and baseball is by far the hardest sport to play, he certainly wouldn't be the first big time prospect to never live up to the hype, but the thing to remember is he's only 22, it might take some time, after coming up and lighting the league on fire, the pitchers eventually had enough tape to see where his weakness is and exploit it, I think I know what I'm getting out of guys like McLain, Steer, Encarnacion Strand, and India when he's healthy, but Elly is a wild card, he can be an all star, or be sent down at some point in the season, neither outcome would surprise me, another concern for me is they're so young, now that Votto is gone, where is the veteran leadership, every young team needs a couple of vets to help in the clubhouse and to help navigate through a long season, they brought in Josh Harrison and Tony Kemp as non roster invitees, it's doubtful either one makes the club, but those are the types of players a young team should have, if only as a part time bench guy, should be a very interesting team to follow all Summer

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Played Cubs over 83.5, they will continue to add.

Mets under 80.5 -120, not many positive vibes with Senga out.

KC over 74.5. Team on the upswing in a weak division.

Valuist

EOG Master

I was leaning under on the Cubs until they signed Bellinger. He was a big difference maker last year. Not saying I'm on the over, but I'm off the under for the Cubs,

Heim

EOG Master
I like over for the Halos at 72.5 because the injured players back, Neto, Trout, Ohoppe and Rendon make a bigger splash than the Ohtani
departure. However I see that Stephenson who was to shore up their middle relief has shoulder issues and may not be ready opening
day. That's big.

Heim

EOG Master
Why are the Giants in the running for Snell? Just about their whole starting staff might not be ready by opening day...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I was leaning under on the Cubs until they signed Bellinger. He was a big difference maker last year. Not saying I'm on the over, but I'm off the under for the Cubs,
i was waiting also. They have some prospects that will have to be moved. No one in the division really stands out, and asking for 84 wins when they are buying should be pretty attainable.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I like over for the Halos at 72.5 because the injured players back, Neto, Trout, Ohoppe and Rendon make a bigger splash than the Ohtani
departure. However I see that Stephenson who was to shore up their middle relief has shoulder issues and may not be ready opening
day. That's big.
You are asking for two hurt players not to get hurt, that’s a big concern in a tough division. There is more talk about trading Trout also. You may be threading the needle here, I can’t do it - and the Angels are my favorite AL team.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Trout needs to be traded to salvage the last bit of value he has since he can't play a full year.

Not sure how you get away from the Rendon contract but something should be done

Start from scratch. Rebuild in the target of 3-4 years you become the orioles with your farm talent becoming starters

kane

EOG master

So far I've made two futures, Cubs WS +3300 and I found a nice price on the Braves to win the NL East -240. I made my Cubs future before the Bellinger signing, I read an article a few weeks ago that said they would be adding to the roster, figured there would eventually be some value at the price I got

Valuist

EOG Master
I wonder if Milwaukee will outfinish Pittsburgh. It's far from a certainty looking at that Milwaukee roster.

MrTop

EOG Master
if cubs stay healthy, they win division.
cardinals will win a lot of games 8-7 or lose a lot 4-10.

dodgers starters outside of ohcheereo is nothing

pitchers are already out on many teams

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
I made 2 MLB season win total plays today. I was 6-0 last year and these have been always been very good, even in years where individual game betting didn't go so well (2022 & 2023).

Milwaukee Under 77 1/2- I don't like this roster and the pitching staff is a shell of what it used to be. I can see every other NL Central team improving their win total over last year and somebody has to pay the price and it will be Milwaukee. Here's some supporting evidence: Mediocre 92 WRC+ for the full season but a very good 111 WRC+ with RISP. That's living a charmed life. 29-18 in one run games. I heard a real public Joe doing a podcast and I just knew he would say "Milwaukee won't win 92 like last year but they will go over their total". They can't and they won't.

Minnesota Over 85 1/2- 68-47 in non 1 run games last year but a weak 19-27 in one run games. I would expect mean regression there. The rest of the division inspires zero confidence. Cleveland will likely pitch well but just can't hit. Just pitch around Ramirez every game. Detroit is a bit of a sleeper and should get Skubal and Mize back, but like Cleveland, that lineup doesn't scare anyone. The White Sox lined at a weak 63 1/2-64 1/2 which seems a bit low but this team can always disappoint. They also figure to be sellers at the deadline. Kansas City at 73 1/2-74 1/2? I don't get that. The A's futility kept the spotlight off KC, but they were a terrible team last year. And amazingly 21-20 in one run games; 35-86 in all others. Is Seth Lugo going to turn everything around? I don't think so.

Heim

EOG Master
I get Boras has gotten some great deals especially with guaranteed money, however this bunch are all on the down cycle
of their careers. They need to think about that before getting a hard line guy like Boras. It's not that the market has changed,
their upside has changed.

Valuist

EOG Master
I grabbed this one at MGM:

Jose Ramirez (-115) to hit more HRs than Francisco Lindor. I will take that all day.

Heim

EOG Master
Mookie opening at SS as Gavin moves back to 2nd.

I saw that. They'd dump Lux if his bat wasn't so potent.

Yamamoto's second outing was below average.

For a team that's a big favorite on every tier...that starting staff is shaky.

Heim

EOG Master
Not sure why the Angels would have interest, realistically they're going nowhere with or without him

True. They're not going anywhere despite a big spring. But after losing Ohtani, season tix at a all-time low. They have to make a attempt to look like they're trying to win.

With him they would have 3 dependable starters with a decent pen once Stephenson is ready.

kane

EOG master
Just saw where Gerrit Cole might need TJ, I played them Under 93.5, if the injury isn't as bad I'll likely come back on the Over and get off it