Long time lurker at therx first time poster but want to be more involved at eog

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
Fairly new to sports betting and have read everything the Shrink has ever written. He has been extremely helpful in me finding good places to bet at and getting bonuses. Couldn't wait for this place to be open.

I was always really intimidated at therx.com. You guys are all so sharp and smarter than I am. This site looks very good and I want to be more involved. I hope I don't say alot of stupid things--just looking to learn.

My first two years of betting I lost a bunch of money and I didn't lose as much last year. I think I am going to turn it around this year.

Thanks guys and don't be too hard on me.

Dewey Finn said:
Fairly new to sports betting and have read everything the Shrink has ever written. He has been extremely helpful in me finding good places to bet at and getting bonuses. Couldn't wait for this place to be open.

I was always really intimidated at therx.com. You guys are all so sharp and smarter than I am. This site looks very good and I want to be more involved. I hope I don't say alot of stupid things--just looking to learn.

My first two years of betting I lost a bunch of money and I didn't lose as much last year. I think I am going to turn it around this year.

Thanks guys and don't be too hard on me.

Welcome aboard Dewey....No need to be intimidated, all of us started out somewhere; glad you picked EOG. If you have any questions just ask them, The General, Ironlock, The Shrink, and myself are here to help you.

Good Luck, Glaken

HI Dewey Finn,

I too am a lurker, I also get intimidated. I have decided just to post whatever I want to. I'm sure if someone doesn't agree with me they'll let me know,LOL!!! Maybe we could start THE LURKERS CLUB???wow

Scarlett

Welcome to EOG Dewey Finn...bounce bounce bounce

Any relationship to Huckleberry?

There is absolutely no reason to feel INTIMIDATED (except perhaps by The General, which is understandable..hung )...

Many of us exchange information about sports books and gambling in hopes to BEAT THE MAN!!!

If you ever want to email me about anything, please don't hesitate...

shrink@eog.com

Best of Luck,

THE SHRINK

Scarlett said:
HI Dewey Finn,

I too am a lurker, I also get intimidated. I have decided just to post whatever I want to. I'm sure if someone doesn't agree with me they'll let me know,LOL!!! Maybe we could start THE LURKERS CLUB???wow

Scarlett

This guy frightens me already...

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Shrink-- thanks very much-- you by far have helped me most in my education to sports betting. Have not been steered wrong in getting in and out books by some comments.

Hopefully I can contribute here. I don't bet the dollars you guys do but it is still important to me and a lot more fun to win than lose.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Dewey Finn said:

QUOTE]I hear you Dewey! I've been saying the same thing the last twenty or thirty years but one of these days! Good luck and try to not bet when you have had more than 15 beers!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Dewey, do you have a brother named Louie? Huey? Phooey? Believe it or not, I have walked in your shoes. I would try my best, and yet the results never matched my efforts. However, even knowing I would get roundly criticized if I asked questions, I did. Being intimidated and lurking will only get you so far. Interact. Ask questions. You seem to have the drive and desire. I had those in abundance early in my career. Now I have to drum up my own motivation. But I believe you have come to the right place and possess the right gameplan. Get involved and learn. Information is King. But you do not get it by osmosis. If I'm around, and you have a serious question I will always try to answer it without being a jerk. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride.

Best Wishes...OFcheers

Dewey, you been looking over my shoulder?! I was about to post the exact same thing!

Same story for me, been a long time lurker at the other sites and have decided to break cover here, I have great respect for the EOG gang and wish you guys all the best with the new place, I know it's not been easy but it already looks great and I'm sure there's bigger and better things to come cheers

Scarlett, count me in for the lurkers club, do we get a polo shirt??

BOL for the football season one and all.

The Chemical Brother

Chemical Brother,

What an interesting handle...

I'll make sure not to mess too much with you...

And, welcome to EOG!!!! bounce

Am I reading Froggie right?

A kinder, gentler and wiser amphibean? dog1

THE SHRINK

Hi Chemical Brother,

I thought the Lurkers Club was kinda cool, glad u agree!!bounce
I'm going to see what I can do about those T Shirts!!! I might have a little pull with management. :) You will be the first to recieve one, count on it!!!!!!!!!!!
THERE'S A LOT MORE LURKERS OUT THERE, COME ON IN!!!! cheeleader cheeleader

Scarlett

Capping Tigerz

EOG Enthusiast
nice site shrink and company , could prob add me in that lurkers club although i have been around the forum scene for quite a while now i keep a lower profile i guess , post only here and there ... so i should qualify dinner42

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
I am confused, (as usual), are lurkers and stalkers the same thing? LOL! And Scarlett, what kind of shirts are we talking about? I hear Rx shirts are being reduced to Shaq as a Laker type prices!

Hi Capping Tigerz,

I bet there are as many Lurkers out there as posters. Let's change that. All us Lurkers will have to welcome them in. I'm sure a cool looking T shirt might be just the thing. What do you think?

Scarlett

Scarlett said:
Hi Capping Tigerz,

I bet there are as many Lurkers out there as posters. Let's change that. All us Lurkers will have to welcome them in. I'm sure a cool looking T shirt might be just the thing. What do you think?

Scarlett

lurkersrus.com is available to buy....smoke

ZZ Cream,

PLEASE, stalkers are nothing like Lurkers.

I'm very serious about the shirts. I'll need some help from my fellow Lurkers with the design. Any ideas??? Come on now don't just lurk give me some opinions!

Scarlett

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Scarlett said:
ZZ Cream,

PLEASE, stalkers are nothing like Lurkers.

I'm very serious about the shirts. I'll need some help from my fellow Lurkers with the design. Any ideas??? Come on now don't just lurk give me some opinions!

Scarlett
I am sorry, Scarlett! My sense of humor sometimes only amuses me and sometimes not even then! I apologize to all lurkers! I was one of youse for a long time myself! Mea culpas por favore!

Welcome to EOH tryingtofade...bounce bounce bounce

I know it may be hard to fathom that a person with a positive post about me is not a ghost but you'd lose a lot of money on this bet...cheers

THE SHRINK

tryingtofade

EOG Member
Nah Shrink, you'd be surprised what I believe. But I do know a batting practice puffball when I see it thrown.

Anyone for teeball?:rolleyes:

tryingtofade

EOG Member
OK, here's a question.

Did you ever post under ghost names at the Rx?

If so, do you plan on doing so here, or does this go along with the mea culpa, sorry I was greedy thing?

You are an interesting chap...

Let's cut out that mea culpa CRAP, alright? dogtoilet

Yes, I have posted under ghost names at the Rx in the past as I believe that is/was well documented..

NO, I don't plan on doing so here as I am not afraid to answer anything you or others may wish to ask...
Is that clear enough for you? cocktail

And, since I am not hiding behind a handle, and everyone knows WHO I am, do you WISH to reveal who YOU might be or is that being a bit too fair to ask of you since you brought this topic up? smoke

Thanks
THE SHRINK

tryingtofade

EOG Member
No need to get bent out of shape, Shrink. I think its a fair question, since when a forum owner or employee posts under multiple ghost handles, particularly if they post in a thread to which they may be responding either to or with other of their ghost handles, it sorta raises the issue of credibility. Since credibility seems to be what you are chasing here on your new forum, I thought it important to establish whether that extends to your use (or the mods) of ghost handles - past and/or present.

As for who I am, I'm just some sqare part time recreational bettor. The tryingtofade handle is the first and only handle I ever registered and I use it at all the sites I post at.

How about your Mods? Is it EOG policy that the Mods will not post with ghost handles?

Fair enough...

I was just curious as to your agenda since you didn't waste any time...

No moderator is allowed to ghost on EOG either..

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

Have a great day as I am off to run a few errands..

And please don't use too many of those elaborate terms in your future posts because I didn't know what Mia Culpa meant and I bet some others had problems with that one, too.. cheers

THE SHRINK

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Chemical_Brother said:
Dewey, you been looking over my shoulder?! I was about to post the exact same thing!

Same story for me, been a long time lurker at the other sites and have decided to break cover here, I have great respect for the EOG gang and wish you guys all the best with the new place, I know it's not been easy but it already looks great and I'm sure there's bigger and better things to come cheers

Scarlett, count me in for the lurkers club, do we get a polo shirt??

BOL for the football season one and all.

The Chemical Brother

Quesiton for the Chemical Brother. What is the Molecular weight of JJ GOLD?

tryingtofade

EOG Member
Mea Culpa is a Latin phrase that translates into English as "my fault", or "my own fault". In order to emphasize the message, the adjective "maxima" may be inserted, resulting in "mea maxima culpa", which would translate as "my [most] grievous fault".

The origin of the expression is in a part of the Catholic mass known as Confiteor (Latin for "I confess"), in which the individual recognizes his or her flaws before God. Despite its appearance, the "mea culpa", as the Confiteor has come to be known popularly, is not a confession of sins, but rather an admission of one's flawed nature and the willingness to make amends for it.

In the popular vernacular, the expression "mea culpa" has acquired a more direct meaning, in which, by doing or performing a "mea culpa", someone admits to have made a mistake by one's own fault (meaning that it could have been avoided if that person had been more diligent). It may be used even in trivial situations: if a football player, for instance, admits that his team lost a match because he missed a penalty kick, this may be called a "mea culpa", meaning that he admitted his mistake, which he could have avoided (at least in theory), and that resulted in a subsequent evil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mea_culpa

Nah, Shrink, I doubt one little latin phrase about guilt and confession would trip up a sharpie like you. Its all good.

No worries TTF, Its all good....

I can promise you that I do not and will not ever ghost anywhere, when we were setting things up I registered my cat George just so I could surf around without Mod functions and see what needed attention.

George may say hi from time to time but I can assure you he is just having harmless fun and since I have to type for him now you know its me. Ghosting is definitley frowned upon here but unless it is someone previously on post review stirring up trouble we are not gonna go looking to bust out any ghost.

Take Care, Glaken

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
And I could feel the tension build. The temperature in the room dropped, as if someone opened a window. So cold I shivered, sending chills down my spine. I nervously looked around, sensing something was in the thread, I was not alone. And yet, I saw nothing, but felt something. One of those ebie jeebie moments. Panic began to invade my reasoning. My palms began to sweat, my pulse quickened. Now my heart is racing, I am ultrasensitive to everything around me. It's there, that's it. I was in the presence of a

GHOST! wow

Best Wishes...OFturndevil

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
Really am glad that other lurkers felt the same way I did at the other forums. Just need to get sharper like the rest of you.

Funny you guys talk about ghosts-- I can barely keep up with one posting name--I don't know how you would do it with more.

Cheers.