LIV Golf

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I admit when I am wrong. I'm not a fansonly of LIV but it clearly is the future of golf. That makes the P of PGA stand for past.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I admit when I am wrong. I'm not a fansonly of LIV but it clearly is the future of golf. That makes the P of PGA stand for past.
Did you watch it? i thought it was very good, far more watchable than the ultra boring zurich open in new orleans. Can you really watch Rory and shawn lowry hit every shot for 18 holes?

All the PGA tour needs to do is end the war that they started. That would result in a smattering of LIV guys appearing at PGA events, which would benefit everyone, from the individual tourneys, to the players, to the sponsors, TV, etc.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I don't like it but it's a different world. Nothing spared. Old time golf has expired. Just like old time hockey, old time basketball, old time football, old time tennis. None of them are ever coming back. PGA accelerated their demise when they obeyed the covid script but so did everybody else. I can't and you can't name any sports organization that refused. Or any organization. That was the end. LIV just pounced on the unconscious body like a date rape drugged whore.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
The only thing left to save is the majors. These idiots have to come up with a ranking system that allows the elite LIV to be eligible. Louie Louie for instance should have played in the Yes Masters. He's in the top 100.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
What I fear is that even the majors will go LIV. Imagine the Yes Masters with shorts and loud music. I'm young enough to remember a CBS personality being barred for life from Augusta for calling the fansonly a mob.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Ended up being 6 years. We used to be an elegant country.

Whitaker, who at 95 died of natural causes in Devon, Penn., on Sunday, was working his first Masters telecast for CBS in 1966, when on Sunday evening he referred to the crowd coming up the 18th hole as a mob.

A month before the ’67 Masters, CBS informed him he would not be working the telecast, citing the fact he had called the crowd a mob, while also failing to inform viewers of the green jacket ceremony on the putting green at the conclusion of play.

Whitaker always believed that the call was made not by CBS, but by Clifford Roberts, the co-founder of Augusta National and its chairman at the time.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I don't like it but it's a different world. Nothing spared. Old time golf has expired. Just like old time hockey, old time basketball, old time football, old time tennis. None of them are ever coming back. PGA accelerated their demise when they obeyed the covid script but so did everybody else. I can't and you can't name any sports organization that refused. Or any organization. That was the end. LIV just pounced on the unconscious body like a date rape drugged whore.
Remember when in the fall of 2020 every football league said they were canceling the season because of covid? Then the SEC said they were going to play, within 2-3 days others said they would too, and in 10 days they all did. Imagine if the SEC didn't have the courage to say hell no?

Then you had the spring of 2021 when most baseball teams were going to play with few or no fans, the TX rangers said hell no, we'll fill the stadium - 8 weeks later they all capitulated.

The lesson is leaders are scarce in this world, dont shun them because they're all that separates us from oblivion.

mr merlin

EOG Master
What I fear is that even the majors will go LIV. Imagine the Yes Masters with shorts and loud music. I'm young enough to remember a CBS personality being barred for life from Augusta for calling the fansonly a mob.
I think Gary Mccord was banned from the masters for saying the greens were so fast they bikini waxed them.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Whatever shit PGA tournament this week, Jordan Spieth is the favourite. 5 years ago, that would be expected. Now it means the field is full of dead fish.