Jeff Jones Drops Out Of Stardust Invitational Contest

I dropped out of the Stardust Contest this weekend, due to health problems.

I don't think the problems were induced by the contest. but they are real now. Really real.

I hate dropping out on JK and Scucci, for it is against the Curmudgeon way.

But it's bugging me a lot. No, it doesn't bug me; it really worries me a lot. First of all, I never asked to be in this contest. I didn't send in any solicitation. I didn't know I was even in the contest until 40 minutes before the announcement went on air. Nobody ever asked me.

Caught up in the 40 minute window, my ego left a message that I would participate in the contest. I considered it an honor. Big mistake.

Unlike the other 15 contestants, I have nothing to promote. I finally figured that out. Maybe the others want to spout shit for an hour in the hopes of an additional 900-call.. I have no reputation to maintain, no picks to sell, no books, no radio shows, no newsletters, no seminars, not even a video tape. I would just as soon tell the people in the audience they shouldn't be gambling. God, it's taken years to get Fezz to the POINT OF FREE for his own good. And now he is prospering. We're making progress.

But I'm not gonna stand up in front of an audience of tourist and radio marks and be witty and clever, just to be a Stardust shill for the fun/profit of sports wagering.

Ain't gonna happen.

So let me get back to my own health problems. Somebody else sell something.

Sorry to hear Mr. Jones....All though I don't know you as many don't, I wish you good health and good luck. Maybe next year.

Take Care, Glaken

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Well, it seems like a fun thing if nothing else, all politics aside. Whoever JJ is, I hope his health stays strong.