Jay C

Sam Odom

EOG Master
So this is my last column. I am not going to participate as an official contributor, despite the fact that I was not going to be a paid contributor. I may from time to time pop up on the various forums but I think my days as a forum junkie are dwindling. I wish Ken and EOG all the best and hope this fresh start will allow him to do it right.

IMHO, you need to 'grow up' a bit and stop allowing other people determining what you want to do in life. We have all made choices in our lives, some good some not so good, but they were OUR choicesno one elses. Actions (decisions) have consequences, you made your past decisions and have met the consequences that followed. Time to move on with life.

I wish you nothing but the best and hope all that life has to offer come your way.

I read the first half of his column and thought it was awesome....I totally missed the last part, which you quoted above.

It's a shame the he is giong to discontinue sharing his ideas in the column. Guy is damn sharp, and remains an independant advocate for the offshore industry that always seems to call it straight.

He made some pretty good points in the 'watchdog' section of the column.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
I think the man has EVERY right to feel bitter about the way the government treated him. It's hard to judge someone without walking a mile in their shoes. Hope to see Jay around the forums now and again.
As adults we can agree to disagree.

JC

EOG Veteran
Sam Odom said:
Actions (decisions) have consequences,

Exactly, that is why I have been advised not to be an official contributor. I'm finally listening.

I'm sure I'll keep an eye on the forums and speak up when I see fit.

JAY - contributing to a gambling forum is your first amendment right. how can the government POSSIBLY tie writing a column to gambling? blah

Sam Odom

EOG Master
IDENTITY said:
JAY - contributing to a gambling forum is your first amendment right. how can the government POSSIBLY tie writing a column to gambling? blah

As long as Jay is on probation 'they' can do a lots to him. If Jay spent his time in G.A. and was outspoken on the ills of gambling he would have most likely been given early release from probation.

Jays big mistake was trying to be some hero. He never would of gone to jail if he just pleaded guilty to some bull shit charge or I bet never would of had any charges on him if he played it smart.

Jay is smart but made a real dumb move trying to stand up for his rights or whatever you call it.

You can not beat the USA Gov't period.

Good Luck

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I admire Jay more than anyone in this industry. He took a stand, because he wanted to establish the legality of what he was doing, remove the "grey" area, and make it easier for others to follow and continue in a legitimate and entirely legal industry. He was courageous and totally in the right. It is beyond the pale that some have turned against him and accused him of having an agenda, when their own agenda comes shining through more and more on a daily basis. This industry is poorer if it chases a Jay C away from the forums. I hope he reconsiders and continues to be a vital contibutor, and helps steer people in the right directions. He is needed to help clean up the agenda driven S**t that goes on far too much in these forums.

Well i definitely see the first ghost here,

reminds me of a thread from another site about stufff from a posting forum being used against someone in a court of law.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
I am sure terms of probation and any affiliations with an offshore gambling site are a conflict, and while your freedoms are being dictated by the U.S., it would be in JC's best interests to remain conservative, like a good probationee. Of course we all lose out from Jay's views and expertise, but the show must go on. Butting heads and proving points can be quite costly, and have long term effects. It is very much like an old Bob Barker show. You stick up for what is right, you tell the truth, and you suffer the consequences. Pretty soon Jay will have his banner hung here instead.

Best Wishes...OFturndevil

OMNIVOROUS FROG said:
I am sure terms of probation and any affiliations with an offshore gambling site are a conflict, and while your freedoms are being dictated by the U.S., it would be in JC's best interests to remain conservative, like a good probationee. Of course we all lose out from Jay's views and expertise, but the show must go on. Butting heads and proving points can be quite costly, and have long term effects. It is very much like an old Bob Barker show. You stick up for what is right, you tell the truth, and you suffer the consequences. Pretty soon Jay will have his banner hung here instead.

Best Wishes...OFturndevil

Very well said Frog....