Is JOHN KELLY still living in the KEYS?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Down to 203, FISH, and moving well.

Those Las Vegas buffets were trouble for my waistline.

Lots of rice and beans here in Costa Rica.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember Dr X, how about cowboy bill watts, remember him?

View attachment 7470510

I never connected with any of the cowboy characters in the old AWA.

In my pre-teen years, I fell for mayhem guys like Dick the Bruiser and The Crusher.

As a young teenager, I gravitated to more scientific wrestlers like Wilbur Snyder and Billy Robinson.

Glad I freed myself from the product at age 15 or 16.

Maybe 17 or 18.

Or was it 19, yikes!

blueline

EOG Master
I remember seeing Dick the Bruiser.....my father watched wrestling.....Sunday morning?....channel 26.......never got into it at all.....but it was better watching that than going to church on a Sunday.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dr. X's finishing move was the figure-four leg lock.

I can still hear my brother holler for Mom upon locking him up in the figure-four.

There was no "tapping out" in the 1970s.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember seeing Dick the Bruiser.....my father watched wrestling.....Sunday morning?....channel 26.......never got into it at all.....but it was better watching that than going to church on a Sunday.

Anything but church.

It's shameful the way the Catholic church, one of the richest institutions in the world, begs for money every Sunday.

FYI: William Afflis (aka Dick the Bruiser) played four seasons for the Green Bay Packers back in the day.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I never connected with any of the cowboy characters in the old AWA.

In my pre-teen years, I fell for mayhem guys like Dick the Bruiser and The Crusher.

As a young teenager, I gravitated to more scientific wrestlers like Wilbur Snyder and Billy Robinson.

Glad I freed myself from the product at age 15 or 16.

Maybe 17 or 18.

Or was it 19, yikes!
Do you remember the capable Kenny jay? He was the designated loser to get beat up on all the broadcasts.

railbird

EOG Master
Anything but church.

It's shameful the way the Catholic church, one of the richest institutions in the world, begs for money every Sunday.

FYI: William Afflis (aka Dick the Bruiser) played four seasons for the Green Bay Packers back in the day.
the biggest liberal org along with planned parenthood

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Do you remember the capable Kenny jay? He was the designated loser to get beat up on all the broadcasts.

Of course.

And don't forget George "Scrap Iron" Gadaski.

I believe "Scrap Iron" traveled between wrestling venues, setting up and tearing down the ring apron, ropes, turnbuckles, etc.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Just like Blue i never got into wrestling but i watched it because there was nothing else on and nothing else to do at that time on Sundays. This was before i knew anything about point spreads and nfl football.

For you Chicago guys the thing that i remember the most was when there was wrestling on channel 9 was the famous pitchman Linn Burton for Bert Weinman Ford. He would have commercials selling cars that seemed like they went on for 10 minutes.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
The tag team of Jose Estrada and the "Unpredictable Johhny Rodz back in the 80's. They fed these guys to the wolves.

blueline

EOG Master
Anything but church.

how much did that jesus Super Bowl ad cost....how many poor people could that have fed?

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Biden was one of the worst things to happen to America in recent times. Covid then him was equivalent to two nukes to me. Just awful.

New York handing out prepaid cards to everybody off the boat every hard working American has to pay for. Can't make this shit up.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sadly today 25% of people under 30 are LGBT people and Biden voters

I'd estimate more than 80% of WNBA players now identify as LGTBQ+.

And about 50% of WNBA spectators in attendance are of that sexual orientation.

Whatever happened to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of the military department from the Bill Clinton years?

No need to tell me your sexual preferences nor your pronouns.

Not interested.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Whatever happened to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy of the military department from the Bill Clinton years?

Not interested.
I wonder how many lesbians follow pro wrestling? As i recall adrian adonis acted gay for awhile as his career was fading, he started wearing pink tights and would prance around the ring tossing flowers around and acting like a little fag, it was quite amusing.

Heim

EOG Master

Not interested.

It is interesting that one of the few known heterosexuals in league, Diggins, seems to get traded a lot. 🤔

Is this her 4th or 5th team?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It is interesting that one of the few known heterosexuals in league, Diggins, seems to get traded a lot. 🤔

Is this her 4th or 5th team?

Only her third franchise.

Obviously not counting the move from the Tulsa Shock to the Dallas Wings (relocation).

But I get your point.