Great Analysis of Brick's Game 1

Typical game for Brick. Actually played a good 1st half but I knew the legs would go, he'd start barking at teammates/refs and he'd start turning the ball over.

7 TURN OVERS!! More than the rest of the team combined! More than the entire Nuggets team!??? The Nuggets starting five had 1 turnover for the game!!

Brick with 7 all by himself!!!!

And unbelievably he actually got pissed at Russell for his turnover, his only one. LOL.

Oh well, as long as Brick can handle the ball more to get his assist stats.......

Then of course his patented disappearing trick in the 4Q. He scored, yeah he finally did, with 40 seconds left in the game and down by 13.

Seeing him laying down overplaying another "injury" as the game ended was as fitting as it you can get for this clown.
McIrish

Last edited by a moderator:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This was always part of his game but his talent has slipped to the point he can't compensate. It is now a liability. I'm hoping he has 4 "throwback" games to help the Fakers get there but I doubt it. Nuggets were vulnerable and still got the W.

Heim

EOG Master
He was gassed 4th quarter, shots short, missing at the rim. Hey, the is guy 39. I think he forgets that sometimes. Like old commercial, you can't fool mother nature.

Heim

EOG Master
I agree with Magic, the guards need to step up. DeAngelo and Reeves had little impact on GM1. How on earth does
DeAngelo have more shot attempts than James!?

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
All about experience, patience, and team leadership not to falter. I'll give LA a game at best, and not beyond.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
All about experience, patience, and team leadership not to falter. I'll give LA a game at best, and not beyond.

They might win 1 at home, can't imagine it going past 5.

There are levels of calls the players get from refs - star calls, superstar calls, and Brick at home calls.

If you stare at him you get a whistle and literally if he's touched when going to the rack he gets the call.

I could see them possibly "winning" one at home with heavy lifting from the 6th man on the court.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
For sure guards have to play better for the Lakers but that's harder to do with Brick, he doesn't have that "make everyone better" gene.

Bird, Magic, Jordan and yes of course Joker all have it. Much easier to be a contributing role player with superstars like that on the court.

Lakers at times just look completely disjointed on offense, no rhyme or rythmn to it. Rarely see that with Denver and Joker led offense.

If I was forced to bet Lakers it would be a 1H play at home when clown boy still has a little gas in the tank.

Brick had a good game even though he missed the game winning open 3. In the first half the Lakers ran their offense, got the ball to AD and AD was unstoppable. In the second half they got up 20 and Brick would walk the ball up the court. The Lakers would get into their offense late and had to take a lot of tough shots even though they made some tough shots. AD stopped getting the ball down low because they took so long to get in to their offense. Big time coaching mismatch. Add that to having the best player in the NBA and this series is over.

Murphy’s Best

EOG Dedicated
I saw a couple of 2nd half possessions where the Lakers hurried & took some long jumpers early in the shot clock! Geez, slow it down & get a high percentage shot.

I saw a couple of 2nd half possessions where the Lakers hurried & took some long jumpers early in the shot clock! Geez, slow it down & get a high percentage shot.
It may have been a couple of possessions but when they were up 20, Brick tried to run clock and sat at the top of the key just dribbling. It took them out of their offense and AD disappeared.

Heim

EOG Master
Rumor is he's opting out. Probably to gain some leverage re his son and Lakers.

You'd think his last name was Sanford.