EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (WADE is our July contestant)

TEXED

EOG Veteran
My own take is that you hit the grounder---you ran to first---the ump called you out.---No reason to keep running the bases.

Wade

EOG Master
My own take is that you hit the grounder---you ran to first---the ump called you out.---No reason to keep running the bases.

Yeah I’m just running for nothing now. If I’m running out a grounder there’s a small chance of an error but here there’s no chance.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Interesting distinction.

It seems MLB position players always run through the bag on a grounder.

MLB pitchers, in the days before the universal DH, would sometimes make a U-turn to the dugout halfway down the first-base line.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Do you think Pete Rose barrels over Ray Fosse like he did in the 1970 All Star game if the AL was up 15-2 in the 7th inning? I think so.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Anyway, I guess I'm on deck, and will start getting my bowling shoes ready, gonna drill up some new bowling balls for this game, and even chalk up my pool cue as I do play some pool on the side, and see if I can buck the trend here and get back to Archie's winning ways.

kane

EOG master
Do you think Pete Rose barrels over Ray Fosse like he did in the 1970 All Star game if the AL was up 15-2 in the 7th inning? I think so.
Pete would have slammed into his own mother if she was blocking the plate, he only knew one way to play the game, didn't matter if it was an All Star game, a WS game, or an exhibition game

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Anyway, I guess I'm on deck, and will start getting my bowling shoes ready, gonna drill up some new bowling balls for this game, and even chalk up my pool cue as I do play some pool on the side, and see if I can buck the trend here and get back to Archie's winning ways.

Since this month already has tossed the limit for gutter balls, I'll wish you luck much earlier than planned.

railbird

EOG Master
Interesting distinction.

It seems MLB position players always run through the bag on a grounder.

MLB pitchers, in the days before the universal DH, would sometimes make a U-turn to the dugout halfway down the first-base line.
Less than 10pct hustle

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I need 5-0 to activate so probably won't have action but it still feels good to FADE the WADE.

WNBA Connecticut Sun -5 -110 for Game 07/19/2022 11:30 AM - (EST)
Risking 700.00 To Win 636.36

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Lmfao. Checked CBS Sports site for game time and it's already a game winner!

Rolling IF-WIN-ONLY
Wager Status:
No-Action
Risk / To Win Amount:
700.00 / 636.36 (USD) Accepted 07/19/2022 11:22 - EST
Won:
Amount Paid:
Sport :
Basketball WNBA
Period :
Game (New York Liberty: 63 - Connecticut Sun: 82)
Event Date:
Tue, Jul 19, 2022 11:30 AM
Line:
636 Connecticut Sun -5 -110
* Event Notes:
WNBA - NBA TV