EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (BROKERSTIP is our March contestant)

kane

EOG master
Not this time
Maybe not, still a long way to go, plenty of time left to turn it around, and my point was a guy who won this thing once before deserves another crack at it
Few and very rare
This contest has been a disaster
It's not supposed to be easy, that's the whole point, it should be a contest that's hard to win, what would be the point if half the guys who entered won it, the fact that a small percentage of guys win is what makes it a challenge

brokerstip

EOG Addicted
Why does JK invite these guys to this challenge when
1) 90% can't read or understand the rules

2) they don't understand the rules

3) they lose

not likely to win this month but did the challenge once before.....I think the best record in challenge history in a single month

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The Challenge has very difficult constraints on picks and >=60% win rate.

There have been 20 winners in 140 attempts, 14.3%. Overall picks record: 1832-1890-82 49.25%.

In Oct, 2022, Brokerstip posted the best win% at 71,4%, 20-8-2.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Challenge has very difficult constraints on picks and >=60% win rate.

There have been 20 winners in 140 attempts, 14,3%. Overall picks record: 1832-1890-82 49.25%.

In Oct, 2022, Brokerstip posted the best win% at 71,4%, 20-8-2.

That's $20,000.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
not likely to win this month but did the challenge once before.....I think the best record in challenge history in a single month

Not the point of you being off to the bad start. We've seen breakdowns, we've seen rallies. The rules are the red card that just need to be consistently considered. It's the cappers responsibility not to forget.

jimmythegreek

I haven't missed a play yet. March has 31 days, I have 30 plays to make

USC +7.5 -106
Based on a favor in the beginning from a long time respected forum member you were allowed a courtesy in jeopardy otherwise you'd be behind .So thank your lucky stars and I'm just going to sit back and watch. I never said you missed a play.

Last edited:

brokerstip

EOG Addicted
Based on a favor in the beginning from a long time respected forum member you were allowed a courtesy in jeopardy otherwise you'd be behind .So thank your lucky stars and I'm just going to sit back and watch. I never said you missed a play.

other than the fact I didn't even see a message from him. I just got lucky that I checked EOG before I went to bed. Pure luck I didn't get DQ'ed based on missing first 2 plays

ComptrBob

EOG Master
other than the fact I didn't even see a message from him. I just got lucky that I checked EOG before I went to bed. Pure luck I didn't get DQ'ed based on missing first 2 plays

Wouldn't have been DQ'ed even after missing the first 2 days. Just would have been charged with a loss for every day missed after March 1.

jimmythegreek

Like I said. Just sitting back and watching.

Not even a ticking clock I posted was good enough for a reminder if the thread was even glanced at. All good, respect once again tarnished.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. As a rule 8, it is the cappers responsibility to make a play, and a lot more often than not. And when not, it is counted as a loss.

Carry on. Just watching from here.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Wouldn't have been DQ'ed even after missing the first 2 days. Just would have been charged with a loss for every day missed after March 1.

Simple rules yet we still have controversy, at times.

Last month, CHEAP tried the ol' double play.

No go.

This month, TIP fell asleep at the start of the month and stayed asleep through the first 10 days of the month.

We have a great group of guys here and if anyone wants a chance to compete in this space, feel free to shoot me a request via private message.

Both CHEAP and TIP have performed well in EOG's Best Bet thread and I appreciate their contributions to the forum.

Of course, COMPTRBOB is my favorite contributor - a smart, no-nonsense type - and JIMMY adds his humor and good nature to the mix.

One final note: I have asked KANE on several occasions to take part in the exercise and my offer has been politely rejected every time.

I will keep trying.