EOG's favorite team (Chicago State is OUT, UC-San Diego is IN)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Northern Illinois 64 Chicago State 54.

Dog and under.

NIU outscored CSU, 11-2, in the game's final four minutes.

NIU wins, CSU covers.

Good call, BLUE.

blueline

EOG Master
point the bus west from DeKalb......nevt up the tour of Iowa, @ Drake and @ IowaSt

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like the favorite and over will be the winning side-and-total combination today.

Current score: Drake 97 Chicago State 55 with 4:59 left in the game.'

The Bulldogs are shooting better than 64% from the field.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Only seven players available for Chicago State today.

Fifteen players made an appearance in the game for Drake.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
saw a line of 31

Iowa State basketball's game with Chicago State has been canceled the program announced Monday. The game will not be played due to "an insufficient number of players available" in the Chicago State program. The game was slated for Tuesday afternoon. It's the second time the Cyclones have had a game canceled this season. Iowa State was slated to take on DePaul on Dec. 6 but the game was canceled due to COVID-19 protocols within the DePaul program.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Time to research leaving D-1 basketball.

Chicago State hoops is an embarrassment to the brand.

Most athletic programs enhance the school's image.

Not Chicago State's men's basketball program.

Time to research leaving D-1 basketball.

Chicago State hoops is an embarrassment to the brand.

Most athletic programs enhance the school's image.

Not Chicago State's men's basketball program.

Its like AYSO soccer, everyone plays. At least with NCAA football they have some attendance and other requirements that keep teams at least slightly competitive. Without those rules, basketball pretty much can be like a vanity sport for bad colleges that see it as a recruiting tool for non athletes.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
the giant guy looks slow

The big 7-footer did not dress against Drake.

I assume an injury issue for freshman Lou Demuth.

He's a foreign-born white guy and he had a funny line when Coach Lance Irvin recruited him to the Chicago State program.

Irvin extolled the big man's virtues by saying he would be a big plus for the Chicago State Cougars.

Like most coaches who compliment recruits, Irvin heaped praise on the newcomer by talking about his international experience, high basketball IQ and impressive shooting range.

To which the 7-footer chuckled and responded, "Kind of like Porzingis."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Its like AYSO soccer, everyone plays. At least with NCAA football they have some attendance and other requirements that keep teams at least slightly competitive. Without those rules, basketball pretty much can be like a vanity sport for bad colleges that see it as a recruiting tool for non athletes.

A vanity sport for bad colleges that see it as a recruiting tool for non-athletes.

Good line, Bill.

I'm sure there will be a big party in 2035 when CSU makes their first big dance. It will come after they went 6-23 on the season but some kid got hot from behind the arc during the conference tourney and they get their bid.

blueline

EOG Master
The big 7-footer did not dress against Drake.

I assume an injury issue for freshman Lou Demuth.

He's a foreign-born white guy and he had a funny line when Coach Lance Irvin recruited him to the Chicago State program.

Irvin extolled the big man's virtues by saying he would be a big plus for the Chicago State Cougars.

Like most coaches who compliment recruits, Irvin heaped praise on the newcomer by talking about his international experience, high basketball IQ and impressive shooting range.

To which the 7-footer chuckled and responded, "Kind of like Porzingis."

Ive been joking with my friend ( the one that went with us to the hockey game) for some time that they needed to go find a 7 footer from some foreign country...I had no idea, until a couple of games ago, that they actually went out and got one

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ive been joking with my friend ( the one that went with us to the hockey game) for some time that they needed to go find a 7 footer from some foreign country...I had no idea, until a couple of games ago, that they actually went out and got one

A Luxembourg native.

Who knew?

blueline

EOG Master
his job takes him there about once a week...I kept saying go to the gym and take a look at practice and see if they have some 7 footer that they're keeping under wraps...do some recon..........I also tell him to drum up support for staying in the WAC...so far 0 for 2

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Drake will be the answer to a difficult trivia question in a few years.

Name the team to play Chicago State in CSU's final D-I basketball game.