Eli Manning said, "I consider myself in that (Brady) class."

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Eli Manning said, "I consider myself in that (Brady) class."

Vick over Eli. Eli only in the league because of his last name. Mentally weaker and no athleticism, Eli better fit for a Canadian league.

Well athleticism is more important at the QB position in the CFL, hence why a guy like Casey Printers was a star and couldn't hack it in the NFL, and even couldn't hack it in the CFL when he came back trying to be a pocket passer.

So Eli is a much worse fit for the CFL in reality

tripp

EOG Master

These same guys were probably the guys saying Indy would never win a ring while Peyton manning was there because he's a choker.

A top 5 QB is a top 5 qb, regular season or playoffs.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

These same guys were probably the guys saying Indy would never win a ring while Peyton manning was there because he's a choker.

A top 5 QB is a top 5 qb, regular season or playoffs.

Hope you win your fantasy league this year, best of luck!!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Go watch a replay of the GB playoff game last season, that should satisfy you.

I don't need to go watch the game. Should I tell you to go back and watch Vick win the first playoff game at Lambeau?

Go back and watch Peyton Manning's first 8 games in the playoffs, where all his numbers got worse across the board. I guess he was "incapable" of winning a Super Bowl.

Go check out Aaron Rodgers NFC Title game performance vs the Bears. 55 rating, 2 INT's 0 TD's, and then get back to me. I guess he was "incapable" of winning a Super Bowl.

Fish, you're usually not this simple minded so I assume you dislike Vick for non-football reasons and can't rationally speak about this topic. There's no way someone could admit one player is more productive, but say the other gives you a better chance of winning. That's just not logical.

High Times doesn't blame the Eagles defense for giving up 31 points to the Bears, he blames Vick. He's always been close minded on Vick, and then gets real upset when you call it like it is - HT doesn't like black QB's.

High Times

EOG Master

'

The Eagles could do better, that is a fact? :+textinb3No shit, no where in this thread did I say he's the best QB in the game. He's top 5 though, and potentially top 3. If you think a team is being held back by their top 5 QB, then you have some idiotic hatred for the guy inside and can't admit his abilities. You haven't presented one "fact" or valid reason for why Vick is incapable of winning a Superbowl. So Trent Dilfer is capable of winning a Superbowl but Mike Vick is not. Smart stuff right there. I'm waiting on a factual reason for why Vick has "no chance" of winning a Superbowl.

You got High Times saying he played like shit vs the Bears too. Yeah, 29/44 for 333 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 9 rushes for 44 yards. The Eagles scored 26 points, but gave up 31 to the Bears (a bottom ranked offense) but High Times blames the game on Vick.

You don't know football.

The reason Baltimore won with Dilfer is because he didn't throw the BAD PASS at the worst time. DA

Watch the Packer playoff game and the Bears game where he trew the game away right before the half and REFUSED to run the rest of the game.

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT?

Vick NOT RUNNING is worthless and that is what happened in Chicago. He got hit in the first half pretty and then made a horrible interception right before the half as the Eagles were going to get a good lead and quit on them!

When Vick refuses to run (quiting) they should take him out of the game.

He is not even close to being a top 10 QB.

High Times

EOG Master

I don't need to go watch the game. Should I tell you to go back and watch Vick win the first playoff game at Lambeau?

Go back and watch Peyton Manning's first 8 games in the playoffs, where all his numbers got worse across the board. I guess he was "incapable" of winning a Super Bowl.

Go check out Aaron Rodgers NFC Title game performance vs the Bears. 55 rating, 2 INT's 0 TD's, and then get back to me. I guess he was "incapable" of winning a Super Bowl.

Fish, you're usually not this simple minded so I assume you dislike Vick for non-football reasons and can't rationally speak about this topic. There's no way someone could admit one player is more productive, but say the other gives you a better chance of winning. That's just not logical.

High Times doesn't blame the Eagles defense for giving up 31 points to the Bears, he blames Vick. He's always been close minded on Vick, and then gets real upset when you call it like it is - HT doesn't like black QB's.

Dude you become a lowlife when you claim I/We are racists.

I know Payton Manning is a choker. He did it again last year. He has done it over and over again in the big games.

I think Payton is not even in the top 20 QB's of all time, but he will get most of you thinking he is and should be considered a top 20 all time QB.

Call me a racist....

You're an asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brians

EOG Dedicated

In all honesty, if I were a guy that has a superbowl ring and is considered a top ten QB in the league by the majority, may blurt out the samething.

Not an ELI fan(personally may not even rank him in the top ten active qb list), but I don't hold anything against him for stating this, one has to be confident.

I agree. Not elite by any stretch, but he is a capable QB and a franchise-worthy QB. And any pro should be confident in their ability. Can't hold that against him.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You don't know football.

The reason Baltimore won with Dilfer is because he didn't throw the BAD PASS at the worst time. DA

Watch the Packer playoff game and the Bears game where he trew the game away right before the half and REFUSED to run the rest of the game.

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT?

Vick NOT RUNNING is worthless and that is what happened in Chicago. He got hit in the first half pretty and then made a horrible interception right before the half as the Eagles were going to get a good lead and quit on them!

When Vick refuses to run (quiting) they should take him out of the game.

He is not even close to being a top 10 QB.

He was the best player on the field for the Eagles in the game. I remember, I'm a Bears fan. Your defense lost the game, not Vick. He's not a top 10 QB to you because you can't seem to grasp much lately. Hopefully that changes for you soon.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Dude you become a lowlife when you claim I/We are racists.

I know Payton Manning is a choker. He did it again last year. He has done it over and over again in the big games.

I think Payton is not even in the top 20 QB's of all time, but he will get most of you thinking he is and should be considered a top 20 all time QB.

Call me a racist....

You're an asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This shit gets funnier and funnier by the minute. Name 20 better please, thanks. Can't wait to the see the list. Hopefully you put Joe Namath on there. :+excited-

High Times

EOG Master

I love how some of you posters have to resort to name calling to win your weak arguments.

I can say Payton Manning is a choker or say Rex Grossman was a horrible starting QB .. Until now (behind Shanny) and say Rivers is the most overrated QB of all time, but say something about Vick or McNabb and I'm a racist.

Well FUCK YOU!

High Times

EOG Master

This shit gets funnier and funnier by the minute. Name 20 better please, thanks. Can't wait to the see the list. Hopefully you put Joe Namath on there. :+excited-

If Joe Namath was playing in today's game without the knee injuries ...

Yes he would be GREAT great!

He would pick apart today's defense...

You don't know what you are talking about again.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

LOL P. Manning isn't in the top 20 all-time list? Come on now. Let's not get crazy!

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Name 20 better High Times. I'm heading out to play some golf, but look forward to the response when I get back. Namath the QB with a career rating of 65. 173 TD's for Joe and 220 INT's - that's a QB.:+textinb3

I never called you any name btw, I simply said you don't like black QB's. I didn't even call you racist, I just pointed something out. Can you name a black QB you've ever liked?

High Times

EOG Master

LOL P. Manning isn't in the top 20 all-time list? Come on now. Let's not get crazy!

ALL COME ON NOW

If Payton "Fucking Manning" played NFL football in the 60's and 70's he would have been running for his life. Forget about being great he wouldn't even make it through 1 year!

If he tried to pull that quick snap shit the defensive players would break his lag.

Manning is a product of today's "FLAG FOOTBALL" approach for the QB's.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

ALL COME ON NOW

If Payton "Fucking Manning" played NFL football in the 60's and 70's he would have been running for his life. Forget about being great he wouldn't even make it through 1 year!

If he tried to pull that quick snap shit the defensive players would break his lag.

Manning is a product of today's "FLAG FOOTBALL" approach for the QB's.

OK, one more before I go. Peyton has never missed a game in his NFL career - he's one of the tougher guys in the league.

Also, as I said. If it's not hard to come up with 20, name 'em.

High Times

EOG Master

And Namath did it running for his life ....

Black QB's?

McNair
Moon was pretty good.

eberetta1

EOG Addicted

Agree Eli is making progress in being in Brady's class. Helps being in Superbowls, even if you are not the best quarterback out there. This is a team sport, not an individual sport. Brady might be 10, 15 years older. Give it a few years.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

HT likes to talk.

Obviously I won't agree with Manning not being on the list, HT, but I'd like to see who you'd put in your top 20. You said it's not that hard.

High Times

EOG Master

you're tellign everyone else to go watch footage from the 1970s to prove to them you're right

don't say you can list 20 qbs off the top of your head if you aren't willing to do it

It was a different game back then.

My opinion adds the fact that today's QB's are not getting slaughtered like they were back then. You can't put someone ahead of another person when 1 of them doesn't have to get worried about getting broke in half.

High Times

EOG Master

Sammy Baugh
Sid Luckman
Terry Bradshaw
Dan Fouts
Dan Marino
Joe Namath
Joe Montana
Bart Star
Roger Staubach
Y.A. Tittle
Johnny Unitas
Steve Young
Tom Brady
Brett Farve
John Elway
Kurt Warner
Ken Stabler
Bob Griese
Len Dawson
Sonny Jurgensen
Daryle Lamonica

And i'm sure there are more

High Times

EOG Master

Bob Griese? get the fuck out of here.

I love Sonny but again, get out of here.

Griese didn't blow his chances at Super Bowls. He played great in both of them and every other playoff game he played.

And Sonny had an arm ... great passer in a NFL that ran the ball all the time and didn't protect the QB.

He would be great in today's NFL.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

of course Eli is a top 10 QB in the NFL. He is a damn good NFL QB. Maybe not as worth the massive contract he signed in summer 2009 but he's got a lot of great football ahead of him. 2 back to back 4,000 yard seasons and he's still got a lot of time left in this league.

You say that as though the vast majority that have a clue about the NFL would agree with you...................when in fact, the minority would.

I know even you could come up with 10 you would rate higher going into this season....................

tripp

EOG Master

Man, not too many bright people in this thread.

We have arguably the best football player of all time not making the top 20 QB list, and we have maybe the best offensive player in football last year labeled as a QB that will hold back a franchise that hasn't ever won anything (and fore the record i do put Rodgers, Peyton and Brady ahead of Vick at QB, probably in that order, but you CAN argue he was the best player in football last season)

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'd take Cutler over Eli, but I'm an idiotic homer who thinks Cutler has finally figured it out.

I'd tale Schaub for sure, btw.

High Times

EOG Master

Man, not too many bright people in this thread.

We have arguably the best football player of all time not making the top 20 QB list, and we have maybe the best offensive player in football last year labeled as a QB that will hold back a franchise that hasn't ever won anything (and fore the record i do put Rodgers, Peyton and Brady ahead of Vick at QB, probably in that order, but you CAN argue he was the best player in football last season)

If you knew what the older QB's had to deal with you wouldn't put Manning so high on the list.

Payton Manning is a PUSS. He could never play in the NFL 20 years ago. NEVER.

Best player of all time :+textinb3

And you and a lot more people actually believe that.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

In the one game where Eli faced off against Brady that 'mattered' ELI was the winner...as a 12 pt underdog.

Eli is a litte arrogant bastard. Remember when Eli refused to play for the team that drafted him (San Diego)? Uh, dude, you aren't good enough to pick the team to play for. Be happy to have a job!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

FK's right.

I forgot football was a 1 on 1 game. My bad.

I was doing Brady a favor by comparing them 1 on 1....Brady had the far superior team...so, do the math.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Eli is a litte arrogant bastard. Remember when Eli refused to play for the team that drafted him (San Diego)? Uh, dude, you aren't good enough to pick the team to play for. Be happy to have a job!

Eli's dad refused to play, Eli had nothing to do with it.

maverick

EOG Veteran

You guys all have short memories...............he went on the raod and won playoff games vs Tampa Bay, Dallas and Green Bay then he won the SB vs what many was touting as the best team of all time the undefeated Patriots................quite an accomplishment............Brady or Manning has never done anything like that.............

I think a lot of his downfall the past few years is the fact he lost Plaxico Burress...........with Burris the Giants were a force to be respected but average without him............

Then the Giants never really came close to replacing Burress.............

I think Eli is a damn good QB with the proper weapons surrounding him...............:cheers

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I must give some credit to Eli. I was at a Chargers game a few years ago....maybe when he was a rookie, and he was shell shocked the first half. Much to his credit, he didn't get rattled and played a nice game the 2nd half even though it was a losing effort. He hung in there, I must say that.

Mammon

EOG Master

Most rookie QB's look better than him now.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

What happened yesterday, how did Eli play how did Brady play my tv was on the blink I missed the games.

Stupid tv

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Sammy Baugh
Sid Luckman
Terry Bradshaw
Dan Fouts
Dan Marino
Joe Namath
Joe Montana
Bart Star
Roger Staubach
Y.A. Tittle
Johnny Unitas
Steve Young
Tom Brady
Brett Farve
John Elway
Kurt Warner
Ken Stabler
Bob Griese
Len Dawson
Sonny Jurgensen
Daryle Lamonica

And i'm sure there are more

Bump for the boys who were looking for the thread.