Are Chiropractors Effective??

Took this from Panchi

Do they help with headaches?? Do they really take pressure off pinched nervs and make for better blood flow to spine, muscles, nerves, ect?

dirty

EOG Master
Depends on the Chiropractor....I have been to a couple of good ones.....The one I have now is great....but some just want you to keep coming back over and over again to keep getting your 40 Bucks 2 times a week or at least once a week.....

A good one will straighten you out in a couple of visits and tell you to come back when you start having problems again

I never believed in them until I went to a good one my Cousin told me about....I felt like a new person after I left there.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
YES!

Had some back problems over the years and he fixed me up every time.

Back in spring 2003, could barely walk from major back pain, he straightened me out after about a week.:+thumbs-2

If you have headaches and shit, they can help you out there too.:smokesmal

compaqdork

EOG Senior Member
JJ do you still sleep on the floor and sit at a metal chair? i have a compressed disc lower back and it sukks and ultimately cost me my desk job and ruined my credit. you should have a neighbor of your just step and dance on your back and that should crack some things out and it'll be free and you won't have to fill out a bucnh of forms

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Think about this. Your back hurts and you do not know what is wrong. You ask a friend and he says go to the chiro. So you do and he beats on you. Cracks and pops galore. You don't get better, so you get x-rays and find you have a couple ruptured discs. Now, did that chiro make it worse or not?

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated
You'll believe in them for sure when they correct a sciatic nerve problem or when your back goes out. When I first wanted to go to a chiropractor, I did a little research on the subject. What I found out makes sense.

If for example a nerve is being pinched or something like that, the Dr. gives you a shot of cortisone to help lower the inflamation and help stop the pain. But it's not getting rid of the thing that's causing the problem, and that is something out of place that is pinching the nerve. A chiro. takes care of that end of it by putting what's out of joint back in so it stops pinching the nerve.

I only go to a chiro. when I have a serious problem and I know only they can fix it. It's worked for me every time, and I've never had a problem.