2023 MLB

blueline

EOG Master
To the point of randomness...combined number of wins by these final four teams lowest in MLB history....heard this elsewhere

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Just imagine winning 100+ games and trotting out Lance Lynn in your elimination game. They sure could have used Urias.

kane

EOG master
Texas is a live dog
I think I agree with you, but that Astros Pen is fucking nasty, the Rangers have been in a good groove of late, but they're now dealing with a Houston team that's been there and done that, these aren't the young Orioles who were just happy to be there, the Astros are a whole different animal, those guys have played so many playoff games it's ridiculous, I love Bochy, best manager in the game IMO, and absolute first ballot guy, but for as much as I like Texas, I keep thinking about that Astros pen, I think for Texas to win they need to play with the lead, should be a tight series either way

railbird

EOG Master

railbird

EOG Master
21 yr old evan carter hitting dingers is clutch

Valuist

EOG Master
In Houston/Texas game 4, one interesting factor in the pitching matchup; this would be the first start Urquidy would make against Texas, while Heaney has made 4 starts vs Houston. That has to be an edge for Houston.

kane

EOG master
The Houston home road splits this year is one of the more unexplainable things I've seen in MLB in recent memory

Heim

EOG Master
Geez, you want Kimbrel in to save a lead, not 1-1 with his BB/rate.

You could tell they were taking unless behind on the count.

Pedermo takes a pitch 2-2 that 90 percent of the batters would have swung

Heim

EOG Master
Reg season splits can be worthless in playoffs. Pfaadt couldn't be worse at home, today he was unhittable.

Valuist

EOG Master
How is Pavin Smith on a ML roster? If you are an outfielder, you basically have to do at least 1 of 3 tasks well: play defense at an elite level, hit for power, hit for average. You can't bat .225 with limited power and play OF (or DH). Just an empty roster space.

Valuist

EOG Master
You won't be the only one, this matchup has all the makings of being the lowest rated WS ever

I think its good to see new faces in there. Who wants to see more Yankees, Houston, or Dodgers?

In a way I was hoping the Phillies would win as I thought they would've been a good go-against vs Texas. No way could they keep hitting HRs at that pace.

kane

EOG master
I think its good to see new faces in there. Who wants to see more Yankees, Houston, or Dodgers?
You're a big baseball fan, you'll watch the WS regardless of who's playing, all hardcore fans will tune in, but the casual fan couldn't name one player on Arizona, it should be a fun competitive series, but no one other than big fans will watch, MLB would do anything to have the Yankees, Dodgers or Astros playing

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You're a big baseball fan, you'll watch the WS regardless of who's playing, all hardcore fans will tune in, but the casual fan couldn't name one player on Arizona, it should be a fun competitive series, but no one other than big fans will watch, MLB would do anything to have the Yankees, Dodgers or Astros playing
The casual fan can watch the NBA.

Valuist

EOG Master
I like Gallen over 1 1/2 walks issued tonight. Under 60% strikes in his last 2 starts. He always has had a big home/road split.

Heim

EOG Master
Arizona only needs one win in Arlington. Don't get why they didn't go with a pen game to open...than Pfaadt. Save Kelly and Gallen where they're more effective at home.

Valuist

EOG Master
I like Gallen over 1 1/2 walks issued tonight. Under 60% strikes in his last 2 starts. He always has had a big home/road split.

This was an easy cash. After 3 innings, Gallen already has 4 walks. 71 pitches and only 42 strikes. He also was bailed out by the Rangers swinging at a number of pitches out of the zone. His command is really poor.