Who watched the WWE last night?

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
That Flair match brough back alot of memories......

Rowdy Piper
The Million Dollar Man
IRS
Arn Anderson

The days when the WWF was real good!

Pastorsinalot

EOG Addicted
Re: Who watched the WWE last night?

Arn Anderson more old NWA, I all most start to cry thinking about the 4 horse man.

The Four Horsemen ruled in those days. The '86-89 years of wrestling were the best for me - nothing else has come close. I watched the NWA religiously back then - even growing up in NJ then when the NWA had no live wrestling cards in the area during that time.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ted DiBiase was the best~! What about LOD or Marty Janeti and Shawn Micheals aka HBK?~! oh memories...

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

The other day they showed Mr. Wonderful.

I thought he died a while back. I guess not.

The other day they showed Mr. Wonderful.

I thought he died a while back. I guess not.

That was a rumor long ago about Paul Orndorff dying. He's been alive all these years and even got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame a couple of years ago.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

That was a rumor long ago about Paul Orndorff dying. He's been alive all these years and even got inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame a couple of years ago.

I liked him back then. Was sad when I heard he died.

MCP

did the real ultimate warrior die ? that wrestlemania with hogan was one of the best matches, it sucked that the warrior won

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Yeah, that was a big match! Famous for having them both hit the floor at the same time and then having to restart the match!

Thats right. Wrestling was classic back then.

Andre The Giant
King Kong Bundy
Junkyard Dog
Jake The Snake
Ricky The Dragon
Macho Man
Honky Tonk Man

Some great personalities!

did the real ultimate warrior die ? that wrestlemania with hogan was one of the best matches, it sucked that the warrior won

He's still alive but rarely wrestles now. He legally changed his name to "Warrior" and goes around speaking on behalf of the Republican party.

That was one heck of a match - one of the only matches in 1990 worth remembering. 1990 was when the business started to have it's torch passed from Hogan and Flair to The Ultimate Warrior and Sting.

Thats right. Wrestling was classic back then.

Andre The Giant
King Kong Bundy
Junkyard Dog
Jake The Snake
Ricky The Dragon
Macho Man
Honky Tonk Man

Some great personalities!

Late 80's was the best era in both the WWF and NWA. Both were loaded with great talent.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Reload,

Lets talk about some of the great rivalries!

Hogan vs Macho POST Mega Powers
Hogan vs Andre
Hogan vs Iron Shiek
Hogan vs Sgt Slaughter
Jake The Snake vs The Model
Macho Man and Elizabeth vs Honkey Tonk Man

Sting vs Luger?

Reload,

Lets talk about some of the great rivalries!

Hogan vs Macho POST Mega Powers
Hogan vs Andre
Hogan vs Iron Shiek
Hogan vs Sgt Slaughter
Jake The Snake vs The Model
Macho Man and Elizabeth vs Honkey Tonk Man

Sting vs Luger?

Hogan vs Savage was pretty good. Both post Mega-Powers and even their matches back in the mid-80's. Savage was one of the best workers ever in the ring and brought the best out of Hogan. The downfall of the feud was trying to put new twists and turns into it - Elizabeth, Sherri, Brother Love, Zeus and anything else they could do to keep it going.

Hogan vs Andre - Their Wrestlemania III match is still probably remembered as the biggest main event in history. And a great match which began a feud that lasted over 1 1/2 years. It was a big swerve making Andre a bad guy, but it worked and got huge interest in the WWF. Their match on February 5, 1988 when Hogan lost the title was one of the most watched programs ever.

Hogan vs Iron Sheik - Good for what it was: the birth of Hogan as champ. And it set up the whole "All-American" image of Hogan always up against Sheik, Volkoff and others. The matches themselves not that great.

Hogan vs Slaughter - Better than Hogan vs Sheik but the problem was that a lot of that feud was a rehash of the same Hogan vs Sheik stuff (and even Slaughter vs Sheik matches) happening years earlier. It got creative with Slaughter throwing fireballs and having pictures of himself with Saddam Hussein. Not a bad way to kill six months while they groomed the Undertaker to start a feud with Hogan and also bring in the "Nature Boy" soon after! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jake The Snake vs The Model - A dud of a feud in my book. Their blindfold match was pretty lame. Roberts had way better moments in his career than that feud. And Martel was one of the best workers in the business. He just couldn't get over with WWF fans in the same way as his earlier AWA years.

Macho Man vs Honky Tonk Man - An interesting feud as it got Savage over as a good guy for the first time in his career. And it helped Savage's popularity enough to boost him into the world title picture instead of just feuding over the IC belt.

Sting vs Luger - I could write a lot about these two guys. They started out having great careers but took a lot of twists and turns. Their matches against other people (like Ric Flair) were way better than their actual feud with each other.

So many good feuds from that timeframe!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Great stuff Reload!!

The big thing bout Slaughter was it came during the Persian Gulf war. McMahon had lots of balls to do that. But it caught on and made Slaughter one of the biggest villains in WWF history!

Model was a great wrestler. He was part of the "can-am connection" and then the "strike force" with Tom Zinc.

Million Dollar Man has some good times too.

Still my favorite match ever was the Macho Man vs Ultimate Warrior Retirement match. UNBELIEVABLE. Macho Man did his ELBOW three times and Warrior kicked out of the pin! Warrior did his move and Macho kicked out, prompting The Warrior to start to leave the ring and head down the aisle. In the end The Warrior finished Macho Man off.

What a match!

Great stuff Reload!!

The big thing bout Slaughter was it came during the Persian Gulf war. McMahon had lots of balls to do that. But it caught on and made Slaughter one of the biggest villains in WWF history!

Model was a great wrestler. He was part of the "can-am connection" and then the "strike force" with Tom Zinc.

Million Dollar Man has some good times too.

Still my favorite match ever was the Macho Man vs Ultimate Warrior Retirement match. UNBELIEVABLE. Macho Man did his ELBOW three times and Warrior kicked out of the pin! Warrior did his move and Macho kicked out, prompting The Warrior to start to leave the ring and head down the aisle. In the end The Warrior finished Macho Man off.

What a match!

Yeah, the Hogan-Slaughter feud worked because of the Persian Gulf war going on. Slaughter's title reign was too short but they had to find some way of getting the belt off of the Ultimate Warrior and back on Hogan.

Rick Martel was truly a good wrestler and athlete - both tag team and singles. It was shocking to a lot of people when he turned bad. But the original idea was to turn Santana bad on him and that wouldn't have worked.

The Million Dollar Man was one of my favorites in that era. He had the best gimmick of anyone, and one of the best overall wrestlers in the ring. He brought the best out of anyone he feuded with.

The Macho Man vs Ultimate Warrior retirement match was indeed a good one. A hell of a match but I can't believe they ended it with such a clean win for the Warrior. And so much for retirement - Savage out of retirement less than a year later! And he becomes champ again beating the "Nature Boy" at the next Wrestlemania! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

That leads me to recall the Wrestlemania bracket style.

Where Macho became Champ after beating 4? others. Hulk came to the ring to congratulate him.

They had some great tag teams back then too.

The Rockers, The Twin Towers, The Demolition, The Islanders, The Regeau Bros, The Strike Force, The Hart Foundation, The Killer Bees.....

MCP

Hogan VS The Undertaker

back when undertaker walked around with Paul Bearer... undertaker was such a better character when he rarely talked at all and kept with the death theme

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Hogan VS The Undertaker

back when undertaker walked around with Paul Bearer... undertaker was such a better character when he rarely talked at all and kept with the death theme

This is true. Man he had a mean streak!

What a match!

Loved that match! One of my favorites. Lots of drama in that one. :+thumbs-2

MCP

hardy boys and edge and christian always put on a good show in those ladder matches

That leads me to recall the Wrestlemania bracket style.

Where Macho became Champ after beating 4? others. Hulk came to the ring to congratulate him.

They had some great tag teams back then too.

The Rockers, The Twin Towers, The Demolition, The Islanders, The Regeau Bros, The Strike Force, The Hart Foundation, The Killer Bees.....

Yeah, Wrestlemania 4 was a good card. It had everything they could think of in one card. Tournament for the championship including another Hogan vs Andre battle, Demolition winning their first tag team titles, and a few filler matches. Only problem was most people thought the card was just way too long, and I heard Vince even found it difficult to promote a tournament - easier when you have a big main event to hype up but following Hogan vs Andre the year before was hard. And of course, it was partly overshadowed by the NWA's first Clash of the Champions event on free TBS TV with some great matches on that card which stole the day in my opinion.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Remember when JTS fought Anre those few times.

The Giant was so damn scared of Damian. You actually felt bad for Andre every time he got stuck up in the ropes!

hardy boys and edge and christian always put on a good show in those ladder matches

Yeah those matches set a big standard and they couldn't pay those guys enough to put forth the effort they did there. Still nothing like Steamboat vs Savage or Hart vs Michaels, but those TLC matches are great for sure.

Remember when JTS fought Anre those few times.

The Giant was so damn scared of Damian. You actually felt bad for Andre every time he got stuck up in the ropes!

That was a good gimmick feud for a while. And Jake the Snake even got a DQ win at Wrestlemania 5 against Andre if I remember right! That was to help pave the way for Big John Studd's return to feud with Andre but that was short-lived in the end with Studd's sudden departure.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Reload,

You are a WWF guru.

I thought I knew my stuff. But you make me feel dumb :)