Who are your top 3 WWF/WWE Wrestlers of all-time?

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
Wow. Hard to believe I would stay up late on Saturday nights watching that stuff as a kid.

I remember some of these names vaguely. Roddy Piper was the guy who always yelled and screamed, wasn't he?

Surprised no one has mentioned the Von Ericks and of course, The Great Kabuki.

The most entertaning to watch were..

Andre the Giant
Randy (MACHO MAN) Savage
And does anyone remember

Bugsy McGraw..:yikessThat guy was funny LOL

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
BOYS BRUNO SAMMARTINO WAS SO TOUGH I ONCE SAW HIM WRESTLE A BEAR THATS RIGHT A LIVE BEAR.BACK IN THE EARLY 70'S THEY WOULD HAVE SPECIAL PROMOTIONS COME SEE BRUNO WRESTLE A BEAR AND HE DID.I WAS WATCHING THE FIGHT AND IT WAS HARD TO TELL WICH ONE OF THESE BEARS WAS THE WILD ANIMAL BRUNO WAS ONE TOUGH GUY.TRUE STORY IT WAS AT THE OLD BOSTON ARENA BEHIND THE HUNTINGTON AVE YMCA.I DIDNT REMEMBER IT UNTIL I TOLD A FRIEND OF MINE YESTERDAY THAT BRUNO WAS STILL ALIVE THATS WHEN HE SAID DO YOU REMEMBER BRUNO FIGHTING THE BEAR.NOW THATS TOUGH FELLAS YOU DONT SEE THESE STEROID FREAKS TODAY DOING THINGS LIKE THIS.

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member
1) Greg "The Hammer" Valentine (only one who cheered when he broke Tito's leg)
2) Sgt. Slaughter (watching him as a kid beat down the Iron Shiek at Joe Louis and Cobo rocked)
3.) Hulk Hogan

honorable:
John Studd
Andre
Somoans

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated
Re: Who are your top 3 WWF/WWE Wrestlers of all-time?

Another honorable mention who has yet to be cited in this thread is the original "Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers.

Munchkin Man

Journeyman

EOG Master

Top 3 would be so hard...no doubt though The Undertaker is #1 for me.

Hard not to say Hogan #2, even though he was predictable and you almost forget him because he was larger than life.

and #3 The Rock

very hard to only list 3 though.

Fletcher

EOG Addicted

1) Bruno
2) Andre the Giant
3) George 'the Animal' Steele

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I'll throw in a curverball...

Who were the 3 biggest HEELS of alltime?

I'll throw in a curverball...

Who were the 3 biggest HEELS of alltime?

1. Honky Tonk Man - started off as a "face" and even then got booed constantly. Then turned heel quickly and usually even some heels have fans liking them, but he was so un-liked everyone wanted to see him get his ass kicked every time. And that's the definition of what a heel should be.

2. Ted DiBiase - had one of the best heel gimmicks ever and rose to the top of the WWF faster than any newcomer ever did.

3. Roddy Piper - even though not a heel for the later part of his career, when he was a heel he was one of the biggest ever.

Honorable mentions would have to go to all the anti-american guys like the Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, and especially Sgt. Slaughter while he was a heel.

1. Honky Tonk Man - started off as a "face" and even then got booed constantly. Then turned heel quickly and usually even some heels have fans liking them, but he was so un-liked everyone wanted to see him get his ass kicked every time. And that's the definition of what a heel should be.

2. Ted DiBiase - had one of the best heel gimmicks ever and rose to the top of the WWF faster than any newcomer ever did.

3. Roddy Piper - even though not a heel for the later part of his career, when he was a heel he was one of the biggest ever.

Honorable mentions would have to go to all the anti-american guys like the Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, and especially Sgt. Slaughter while he was a heel.

I wanted to mention Piper but he was so much more over the top prior to his WWF days...

Honky Tonk Man was such a bastard... the match where the Ultimate Warrior beat him for the IC belt in about 30 seconds was GREAT!!!

I remember DiBiase from his NWA days. Met him at an independent show in south GA. Really nice guy.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

1. Bobby Heenan

2. Macho Man

3. Sgt Slaughter (esp during the gulf war)

Now if you want to expand this list...

1. Ric Flair... You simply HATED Ric Flair... The hair, the robes, the WOOOOO..... Ric Flair DEFINED heel.

2. Roddy Piper... Talk about roid rage... Piper was a hyperactive time bomb.

3. Kevin Sullivan... This man scared me when I was a kid.

1. Bobby Heenan

2. Macho Man

3. Sgt Slaughter (esp during the gulf war)

I'd agree on these. Savage was one of the biggest heels in his prime. Jamming the ring bell into Steamboat's throat was a pretty vicious angle. Tremendous worker in the ring and could generate big time heat with both his actions and interviews.

The angles they came up with for Slaughter during the Gulf War were especially brutal. Pictures with him and Saddam Hussein together, throwing fire on Hogan to keep the feud going, etc. Especially incredible for the time in how they took his ultimate patriotism from the gimmick throughout his career and completely swerved it into being the biggest anti-American and most hated wrestler.

Heenan was certainly one of the biggest heel managers ever. He was pretty much the only heel manager they needed. The rest were just a side show really.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Now if you want to expand this list...

1. Ric Flair... You simply HATED Ric Flair... The hair, the robes, the WOOOOO..... Ric Flair DEFINED heel.

The Munchkin Man had a roommate in college who hated Ric Flair with a holy passion and who would go into a ballistic rage whenever he came on television.

He would rant on and on about what an ego he had, what a dirty wrestler he was, and on and on and on.

Sometimes he would storm out of the room and stay mad for hours.

The Munchkin Man's college roommate is now a professor of sociology at a Texas university.

Munchkin Mn

Journeyman

EOG Master

lol I see some have entered a second ballot with 3 different ones.

My pre wrestlemania top 3

Tony Atlas
Bruno
Super Fly Snuka

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

BOYS BRUNO SAMMARTINO WAS SO TOUGH I ONCE SAW HIM WRESTLE A BEAR THATS RIGHT A LIVE BEAR.BACK IN THE EARLY 70'S THEY WOULD HAVE SPECIAL PROMOTIONS COME SEE BRUNO WRESTLE A BEAR AND HE DID.I WAS WATCHING THE FIGHT AND IT WAS HARD TO TELL WICH ONE OF THESE BEARS WAS THE WILD ANIMAL BRUNO WAS ONE TOUGH GUY.TRUE STORY IT WAS AT THE OLD BOSTON ARENA BEHIND THE HUNTINGTON AVE YMCA.I DIDNT REMEMBER IT UNTIL I TOLD A FRIEND OF MINE YESTERDAY THAT BRUNO WAS STILL ALIVE THATS WHEN HE SAID DO YOU REMEMBER BRUNO FIGHTING THE BEAR.NOW THATS TOUGH FELLAS YOU DONT SEE THESE STEROID FREAKS TODAY DOING THINGS LIKE THIS.
Beaner what bear? The Russian bear Ivan Koloff?

dirty

EOG Master

Crap Like Doink is Why Many Stayed or Turned to WCW.... One of the worst gimmicks of all time

dirty

EOG Master

Beaner what bear? The Russian bear Ivan Koloff?

Wrestlers in that Era would Wrestle real Bears.... I never saw it in person, but my Dad has and I have seen Posters in Old Gas Stations and at the Civic Center here of old Wrestling Events where it would advertise Wrestlers grappling with a real Bear... They were declawed and their Mouth's had a harness on them... I have seen one on ESPN Classic years ago when they used to show the old wrestling from the Garden from the 50's and 60's

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I was more partial to the funny guys Like superstar Grahm and Dusty Rhoades as well as Jesse Ventura. somebody i think in here said something about Jesse saying something about if he was gonna wrestle this certain guy he wanted him cleaned and bathed and it notorized by a doctor and lawyer or sum shit like that:LMAO

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Wrestlers in that Era would Wrestle real Bears.... I never saw it in person, but my Dad has and I have seen Posters in Old Gas Stations and at the Civic Center here of old Wrestling Events where it would advertise Wrestlers grappling with a real Bear... They were declawed and their Mouth's had a harness on them... I have seen one on ESPN Classic years ago when they used to show the old wrestling from the Garden from the 50's and 60's
I seen it to dirty i was just breaking beaners balls. I had a friend wrestle one once. The paws are just to lightning quick to get away from. they swipe you once its over.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Thor

I think that was either Uncle Elmer or HillBilly Jim

Crap Like Doink is Why Many Stayed or Turned to WCW.... One of the worst gimmicks of all time

WCW had some real bad gimmicks also:
1. Making David Arquette world champ for a while.
2. Any of Kevin Nash's gimmick's pre-WWF like "Oz".
3. Big Josh - hah, same guy Matt Bourne was Doink the Clown!
4. Van Hammer - that guy was the worst.
5. Anything when Vince Russo took over WCW's booking/writing.