What Top Sporting Events/Shows Do You Have Recorded From Years Past?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
I'm sure many people have numerous Super Bowls recorded from years past, but what other memorable sporting events or shows do you have stashed away.

Some things that come to mind that I wish I had recorded and/or could get a glimpse of would be some USFL games, and some of the older NFL Superstars contests that included Sooooo many of the league's best through the years.

I remember one "Lineman" , offensive/defensive NFL contest, in which Warren Sapp was a rookie, and made most of the veterans look foolish in competition. Still remember that Minnesota's John Randle was considered the top defensive lineman back then. I remember in one of the drills, the linemen had to run in a circle around some targets one at a time, having to accomplish something, and a football machine in the very middle would shoot out footballs at a very fast pace that the players had to catch after reaching each target. I'll never forget, Warren Sapp was the last contestant in that drill, and on the very last target, him turning and catching that last football shot at him one handed purposely, and the rest of the linemen erupting.

Other Superstar contests I remember is Barry Sanders on the basketball court & Reggie White breaking the Weight lifting record.Lots of memories.....

Hache Man

The General said:
I have Wrestling Nitro videos around.

I used to be a wrestling fan long agao General when they aired from close to home here in Tampa with Gordon Solie. Back then they made it look much more realistic. Guys like Dusty Rhodes, Barry Windham, Steve Kern & Mike Graham, the first guys in masks - The Assassins, The Funk brothers, Harley Race, Bugsy McGraw, Blackjack Mulligan, etc....

Hache Man

CapnHandi said:
I have full Superbowls 13 and 14.

I forced my son to sit and watch them to indoctrinate him!

LOL.......Good Idea Captain!

I only have a little girl, who was said to be a boy before they changed it to a girl on the 2nd Ultrasound. Turns out she probably should of been that boy, 11 years old and already 5'7. I can guarantee you, by the time she reaches high school, she will be one of the top girl Basketball players in Central Florida if not all of Florida. Got her started about 5 years ago. It's already in her genes, and now the height will now be there to accomadate......;)

OMG......just realized..........General, who loves & follows women's basketball, might be watching my little girl with that googly eye years from now! LOL Genral!:D

Still long for that boy though.........lol

CapnHandi

EOG Addicted
Hache - I have a daughter who's now 16 and she asked me once why I took my son to 2 Steeler games in a row.

Said she liked football too, bless her heart.

Now that her brother's off to WVU she is my prime companion for sports.

Hache Man

Mannnnnn.........I bet that made you feel bad/sad Capt!

Well, I bet you & here are much closer now............:+thumbs-2

Hache Man

Mr. Met said:
'86 MLB playoffs....game 6's Mets vs. Stros & BoSox, both classics

What a coincidence Mr MET ,the only things you have recored are METS GAMES!:D

Hey, I'm the same way. The only things I currently have is some Tampa Bay Bucs playoff games through the years.

Sooooo many things I thought about recording all of these years past and just didnt feel like bothering with at the times, even though I even knew I would regret it later on.........

CapnHandi

EOG Addicted
Yes Hache, felt bad for a short period and then was overjoyed. She has become quite a fan - I even bought her a Hines Ward jersey she proudly wears.
The big lesson is girls like sports too especially if their home team is the talk of the town! :)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
BOTH Denver SB wins
Last-ever game @ Mile High
Last-ever game played @ Montreal Forum
1995 and 2004 CWS Title Games
1989 and 1993 Cal State Fullerton buzzer beating wins over UNLV
1980 Team USA vs Russia and then Finland for the Gold Medal (BUT - this is the edited verison ESPN showed earlier this year to mark the 25 Year Anniversary)

There are TWO shows for which my wallet is open and NO price is too high in order to obtain:

THE Fullerton/UNLV game from Feb 24, 1983
Truth or Consequences from October 1971 - I was on this show. I was 7 at the time and Mom belonged to a group that got tickets because they needed some kinds for a skit. I managed to get ON THE SHOW and according to Mom was THE HIT of the show. Sadly I don't think I will EVER get a copy of this show - something I wouldn't hesitate to pay 5-figures to get!

Hache Man

winkyduck said:
There are TWO shows for which my wallet is open and NO price is too high in order to obtain:

THE Fullerton/UNLV game from Feb 24, 1983
Truth or Consequences from October 1971 - I was on this show. I was 7 at the time and Mom belonged to a group that got tickets because they needed some kinds for a skit. I managed to get ON THE SHOW and according to Mom was THE HIT of the show. Sadly I don't think I will EVER get a copy of this show - something I wouldn't hesitate to pay 5-figures to get!

I too would pay reasonable prices for the right recordings that I want to see.

One could make a ton of money simply taping and selling throughout the years.

Too bad it's Illegal...........lol