We Finally SEE why PALIN is being hidden from live interviews...

It's very obvious after watching last night's interview with Charlie Gibson that Sarah Palin is not ready to be Commander and Chief of our Country...

In fact, I don't believe she is ready to be Vice President either...

She came across angry, defensive, uninformed and confused throughout the interview..

But don't just take my word for it...

Here are some excerpts from non partisan and respected media outlets...

Reviews of her performance tend to be NEGATIVE, with a focus on her labored efforts to deal with foreign policy questions.

The AP says Palin "struggled with foreign policy, unable to describe President Bush's doctrine of pre-emptive strikes against threatening nations and acknowledging she's never met a foreign head of state."

The Chicago Tribune also notes Palin "seemed unfamiliar with the 'Bush doctrine,' which says the United States does not need to wait to be attacked before going to war."

The New York Times says in "choosing Mr. Gibson as Ms. Palin's interlocutor, the campaign was going with a journalist known for having a mild manner but the gravitas to be taken seriously. But the interview was hardly gentle." Gibson "expressed exasperation" with Palin, complaining that she "had buried him in 'a blizzard of words.'"

The Washington Times reports Gibson "also asked her about her travel experience, and she acknowledged that before a recent trip to Kuwait to visit Alaskan National Guard troops she had only visited Mexico and Canada and had not met personally with any foreign leaders."

Other people had the following to say:

Palin interview: how did she do?

Reactions to Sarah Palin’s first television interview - on ABC News with Charles Gibson - have been polarised. But the majority of commentators appear to have been turned off by the combination of hawkish comment – especially on relations with Russia – and ignorance on certain aspects of US foreign affairs and national security policy.

The Huffington Post, is worried about Palin’s "dangerous sabre-rattling" on the subject of Russia. "From joking about bombing Iran, to talking about invading Iraq, Iran and Syria weeks after 9/11 to the misguided 'we are all Georgians now,' the McCain campaign is sending all kinds of horrifying signals to the world about the types of wars it would fight", writes Ilan Goldenberg. The bottoms line? "You do not get into hypotheticals about nuclear war."

Josh Marshall on Talking Points Memo says that no one should be surprised about Palin’s warlike response: “The truth, though, is that Palin was doing little more that drawing out the logical inference of McCain and Co.'s unhinged policy vis a vis Russia.”

Andrew Sullivan, writing on the Atlantic’s political blog, says that Palin’s answers to many of Gibson’s questions were reminiscent of "Bush's decision-making style". Palin showed her modus operandi to be: “Minimal input, instant decision, refusal to ever think again, and disdain for any process of thinking things through or ever having second thoughts. Just gut.”

Norman J Ornstein, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, says on Politico that the "scariest" part of Palin’s interview was her assertion that she had “not a single doubt that she is ready to be president". Any sane human, writes Ornstein "no matter how experienced, should have doubts about the ability to take that job". Her answers suggest "utter inexperience and utter arrogance… the worst possible combination I can imagine".

Ron Bojean, Republican strategist, also joins the debate on Politico, and thinks Palin scored a hit. "My opinion of her was strengthened through the quick, unequivocal responses she gave to the questions on VP experience, foreign relations and her relationship with God," he says. “She was direct and clear in her interview. I think what people will take away from it is that she is strong, well-rounded and does not use extraneous language to make her points." On the subject of Russia, he admits she was perhaps too strong, "but where else could she go?"

Jack Shafer on Slate believes that one of the only things the interview showed us was that ABC News anchor Charles Gibson "knows volumes more about national security and foreign policy than does Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin". Shafer’s conclusion? "Never mind about her not being ready to be president. She wasn't even ready for this interview."

But one blogger put it on TPM Election Central: "Remember how we all laughed at Bush in 2000 for all of his gaffes, such as when he couldn't name most of the major foreign leaders? This kind of shit played well in large swaths of the country and established his 'everyman'
credibility."

THE SHRINK

UGAVII

Banned
Re: We Finally SEE why PALIN is being hidden from live interviews...

please obama is even worse shrink. how many times have you watched him stumble and mumble his words? countless sir

Sweety, you are incredibly naive if you truly believe those to be non-partisan media outlets.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The Shrink, do you walk around town with an Obama bumper sticker on your forehead? When is this shit just going to end already. Meanwhile the polls go the other way.

Best Wishes...OF :blink:

UGAVII

Banned

shrink just wants attention i am convinced of that.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

You guys are questioning whether she is ready to be vp or pres because she can't speak or interview well? Our current two time president stumbles through speeches everyday, his teleprompter speeches are written in crayon...good god.

I bet she at least knows we only have 50 states unlike Obama.

just sayin'

Never mind her inability to talk, her and McSame are ready to put the final nail in the coffin for this country. Right wingers must hate America.

UGAVII

Banned

shrink, i have one queston for you. i am new her so i dont know if you have answered it before.
1) Have you served your country?

Why don't some of you WATCH it before chiming in, ok?

Charlie Gibson Interview - Sarah Palin Looks Scared & Dumb

Charlie Gibson Interview - Sarah Palin Looks Scared & Dumb
NationBuilder, CO

Charlie Gibson seemed like he was about to stop the interview, get up and say "Really? This idiot could be our President?" He is noticably displeased as Palin consistently avoids direct questions.

Palin goes off in ridiculous platitudes that would make the harshest Obama critic blush. Some of her sentences were barely coherent.

I don't think this lady is qualified to be a Governor, perhaps not even a mayor.

In the interview below, aside from not knowing what the "Bush Doctrine" is, Palin advocates putting Ukraine and Georgia in NATO and says war with Russia may be needed.

I feel very sorry for her, although I'm not sure she knows what she's doing. She sounds like she is doped up on psychtropics and just rambling about...

"...terrorism, TERRORISTS, threats, real, Charlie, FREEDOM, we're a DEMOCRACY and TERRORISTS hate us, Bush rids the world of Islam, blunders, mistakes, beauty of democracy, destroy the US, Charlie I think, America is great, stop the terrorist, hellbent on destroying America, all options, you know Charlie, we're on God's side, TERRORISM".

Charlie Gibson looks 1000 times more qualified to be the President than Sarah Palin.

<EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/3ALsjhDDdaA&hl=en&fs=1 width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

posted by The Builder at 7:08 AM

<!-- End .post --><!-- Begin #comments -->0 Comments:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The Shrink is pathetically grasping at straws now as that Obama lead is slip sliding away. Actually she did not do all that bad. Obiously she was not horrible prepped, and gave candid answers. And if you read her Q and A her answers were really not that far off, but I think the interview was set up with Gibson as he is known to lob softball after softball. He just kept throwing fastballs at her, chin music, and she hung tough, but I think it caught everyone by surprise. Good for her.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

shrink, i have one queston for you. i am new her so i dont know if you have answered it before.
1) Have you served your country?

:+computer This is what I feel like doing everytime some internet idiot asks this question of people. I know that you were not asking me but I'll answer anyway. No. Never have never will "serve" this country. What is your response to that?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

You guys are questioning whether she is ready to be vp or pres because she can't speak or interview well? Our current two time president stumbles through speeches everyday, his teleprompter speeches are written in crayon...good god.
That is the point Clay. Who wants a clown representing us on the world stage again? I would like a president or VP to be a little smarter then me this go around. We have McCain who was at the very bottom and i mean very bottom in grades at the Navel academy and this broad who has been to six colleges in six years and goes to a Pentecostal church.- Most people buy into the religion thing, so I can usually get past it if it isn't a big part of who they are. However, there are those religions that are just ridiculous. If you belong to a religion that promotes speaking in tongues (complete phony BS), I'm going to be skeptical. Is this what we want to be leading the country?

UGAVII

Banned

Are you refering to me as an idiot you donkey? I was not speaking to you your right. As to what i have to respond to you. "Never have and never will" GET THE FUCK OUT

The Shrink is pathetically grasping at straws now as that Obama lead is slip sliding away. Actually she did not do all that bad. Obiously she was not horrible prepped, and gave candid answers. And if you read her Q and A her answers were really not that far off, but I think the interview was set up with Gibson as he is known to lob softball after softball. He just kept throwing fastballs at her, chin music, and she hung tough, but I think it caught everyone by surprise. Good for her.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

Fast forward to just before the eight minute mark, listen to the last 2 minutes and then tell me with a straight face she did well... :rolleyes:

I am just curious as to why is it so important someone has served for this country?

UGAVII

Banned

I never said it was important! I was just asking that is all.

Bush has ruined it as far as "being qualified to be President". After 8 years of listening to him stammer, stumble and stutter, anyone who can complete a sentence believes they have what it takes to run the country.

That's partly the reason we are gonna end up with either Palin or O'Bama on the winning side.

And it goes all the way back to Watergate, when Nixon was forced to resign, then Ford took over and the country ended up with Jimmy Carter for four years.

40 years ago, you used to have to be QUALIFIED in some way to run for President or be named a VP running mate. You didn't have the O'Bama's, Palin's, GW Bush's, Kucinich's, Sharpton's and such throwing their hat in the ring every four years.

I never said it was important! I was just asking that is all.

Ok sir if it was not important or if it does not mean something to you then why ask the question? Why is that relevant?

UGAVII

Banned

I was just asking the individual a question. I was currious to know for myself, that is all. I have no problem if he had or had not served.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Fast forward to just before the eight minute mark, listen to the last 2 minutes and then tell me she did well... :rolleyes:

I never said she did well. She made it through an interview that instead ended up being a grilling. Obama might have faired worse, without leaning on his teleprompter. And McSame has also looked worse, so what is your point here anyway besides your incessant endless cheerleading for Obama? You have been rah rahing for Obama for so long now it is almost an auto response to what you are going to say. But like I said, you are in denial because this is slipping away. Wake up and smell the coffee, either way we are already screwed.

Best Wishes...oF :blink:

bilbal

EOG Enthusiast

Why don't some of you WATCH it before chiming in, ok?

I watched it, people who want Obama to be President thought she did bad, those who want McCain thought she did fine. You're voting democrat, we get it. :rolleyes:

mikey.1time

EOG Member

at least she didnt ask a cripple to stand up and take a bow

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I watched it, people who want Obama to be President thought she did bad, those who want McCain thought she did fine. You're voting democrat, we get it. :rolleyes:

Pretty much it. It is called a bias. We have seen it from The Shrink for a good 6 months now. Obama walks on water, does everything right. Anything associated with McSame is always bad. Including Palin. It is almost as if The Shrink is trying to convince himself, because no one else is buying. Enough of the one sided propaganda. We get it.

Best Wishes...oF :blink:

I never was in the military, but I live in a military town....I am very proud the guys who serve and I am also very proud to be an American...

and in the words of Billy Joel...

the good old days weren't always good...and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems!!

eman

EOG Senior Member

McCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

durito

EOG Senior Member

I honestly don't care about any of this.

This woman stands for everything I am against. I don't care if she's met every foreign leader in the world or can name them all. GWB's been president for 8 years and he couldn't have answered any of those questions, including the one about the Bush Doctrine, which is allegedly his policy.

I want someone who does not think it is OK to teach children in public school that God created the earth and that the only safe sex is abstinence.

I never was in the military, but I live in a military town....I am very proud the guys who serve and I am also very proud to be an American...

and in the words of Billy Joel...

the good old days weren't always good...and tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems!!

Excellent point, Tony. The thing is that the war was not started on the sole authority of George W. Bush. To my knowledge, he does not have that authority. The war was started with bad information that the congress and the president used to collectively start war. Was it a good idea? Seems like the answer to that question is about as irrelevent as a question can be. The question now is how to exit the country of Iraq while leaving behind the least amount of mess. It is not the start of the war that is important in the debate, but rather how to end it.

durito

EOG Senior Member

Poor people voting for McCain. Now that's hilarious.

durito

EOG Senior Member

The question now is how to exit the country of Iraq while leaving behind the least amount of mess. It is not the start of the war that is important in the debate, but rather how to end it.

Obama would like to find the most sensible way to end this war.

John McCain would prefer to stay there forever (99 years if you want to quote him) and perhaps extend it to Iran.

dville

EOG Enthusiast

im middle of the road type voter who is mixed on who to vote for, or if i should bother voting at all. after hearing palin last night i moved over to the obama camp for the time being. i know it was just one interview, and ill give her another chance or two, but she clearly has no idea whats she doing and needs to be prepped some more again.

I agree sportsgirl...but

anyone who thinks obama can just waltz in and end this war is crazy as a shithouse rat...

and as for the shrink....i love him, but the truth is...if he had a bet on mc caan....he would love mrs palin....

the bottomline is the real smart people...don't run for office...

i think she did fine in the interview...

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

My guess is the Shrink is more worried about the offshore gambling industry as a whole as apposed to his current position on Obama. I refused to bet on Obama simply because I felt I had enough risk on him w/o wagering a dollar being that this industry will be destroyed with Mcsame in office.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Wow Gibson has a brass set to go after her like that, it felt like she was in a court facing charges.

FWIW she did well under the brutal attack of questions she faced.
Say what you want but Obama has never faced an interview so intense with no bullshit questions.

I commend Gibson for doing what most interviewers are hesitant to ask

bilbal

EOG Enthusiast

after hearing palin last night i moved over to the obama camp for the time being.

I'm sure the Democrats are probably negotiating for a "10 second delay" for any Biden interview in case he calls his running mate an African American again, or makes more dumb comments about Indians and 7/11s, or says he wasn't the right choice again. You'll be back...

Biden accepting a position that he publicy expressed he wasn't right for? Now THAT takes....as Gibson would say...hubris! :rolleyes: