This is going to be a halloween to remember

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I am thinking about making a side and total bet for 10x my regular unit hoping to get it all back and not have to pay the bookie tomorrow.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
When on a losing streak, you should be on 1/2 units. When you heat back up, press a unit or two. Don't chase, because it is just not a formula for long term success. Not used to this fatalist attitude General Sir. Life is good. We are here to stay. Build for the future. You will bounce back strong.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Disagree frog, reducing unit size when losing means when the inevitable turn comes, you dont win as much.

best wishes, PS:+waving-5

Unless you like Balt in this game then the game doesn't have any value anyways anymore. Maybe some on the over, but when 33 was available 34 with some vig isn't looking so hot. But still doable.

I am the first one to say the spreads don't mean much, but when you have a 3.5 point move on a game that is something to look at.

Personally I think Pitt wins by 3 and none of the lines that have ben posted matter.

But I took the 33, and am holding onto it, as I think the score will be somewhere around 24-27.

Just be careful. Chasing never does anyone any good. Next week you won't even remember what games you had this week.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
When the turn comes you ramp back up after it comes. Betting on the come pressing is a surefire way of tapping out. I'm due, this losing streak can't last forever. If I could just hit one big bet I could get it all back.

When things are not going well, for whatever reason, I just cut back or take some time off. When things are rolling, I maximize spots and cancel time off. Maximize the win time, minimize the lose time. Maybe it just works for me as I am a streaky bastard.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Different strokes I guess, I prefer to play through slumps and keep the unit size the same.

Tough to say when the turn has officially come, enough ups and downs with gambling already, dont need to add to the stress by playing with unit size.

Gimme some hoops winners frog.:+waving-5 :+drinks-4

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Good point Panch, as the normal chop is really without direction. Maybe if I qualify it with different sports, different spots and different times of season. But still, after all of that, my bankroll increases, my percentage may stay the same, but I am betting more. Same on the flip, bankroll decreases, I am betting less, but same %. That is something that is individual. But, also, I am a streaky player, always have been. To do the best with that type of results I must ramp up and down.

Either way, betting 10 times the normal bet when losing, is just not a good strategy. There is no justification other than lousy previous results. The tortoise just puts one foot in front of the other. If he hits an obstruction, he does not sprint around it, but changes direction and keeps that steady pace. Will post a couple in the NBA forum.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I will NOT be raising my units like I said. I know better and I cannot set that kind of example for the forum. CHASING is bad and will ruin your finances. Trick or treat starts in 24 mins here.

Have a good one all.