TheRat's season-long MLB picks thread

TheRat

EOG Addicted
Re: TheRat's season-long MLB picks thread

THURSDAY, APRIL 15th
TEXAS RANGERS -130 650/500

One game and one game only today, but tis a winner....The beat will continue for my lowly Tribe

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Tough loss! Harrison was absolutely lights out for seven innings. First two Indians batters in the eighth hit balls that were routine outs, and two errors later it's first and second and no outs. Choo then goes deep. OUCH!

On the flipside, Huff pitched fantastic in a complete-game win for the Tribe. As a Tribe fan, I was glad to see him left in to finish the job.

Like I said, tough loss, but given some of the crazy games I've won this year I can't complain.

Looking forward to a good weekend!

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Okay, I was going to stick with the one play and one play only today but the more I sit here the more I like the Dodgers. Tons of pitches were thrown in Wednesday's game between these two teams, so the starters are probably going to have to tough it out longer than expected, even if they get in trouble.

Haren struggled a bit in his last outing against the lowly Pirates....Kuroda pitched eight STRONG innings, showing that he can go deep into a game even this early into the season. Kuroda is generally a strong play at home, and I expect that to be especially true after the Dodgers lost last night.

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15th
LA DODGERS -127... 508/400

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Out and about all day tomorrow so posting my plays early for once.....

FRIDAY, APRIL 16th
OAKLAND A'S -140 -- 560/400
CHIC CUBS -170 -- 510/300

TheRat

EOG Addicted

What a goofy Thursday. I have the Rangers, which look like a pretty good play as Harrison completely stymies the Indians' bats through seven innings. Two routine outs turn into two errors in the eighth, and one swing of the bat by Choo gives the Tribe a win.

I follow that up with the Dodgers. They fumble and bumble away a few early runs, and it looks like that's all that Haren will need for the D'Backs. LA rallies late to tie the game, only to give up the lead in the ninth. It looks like the game is over when Blake grounds to shortstop in the bottom of the ninth, but the throw to first ends up in the upper deck (I'm only slightly exaggerating) and suddenly we're going to extra innings. LA, which couldn't get a hit with a guy in scoring position to save its life all night long, wins it with a sac fly in the 10th:cheers

Moral of the story???? Us gamblers don't have a clue what we're doing:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Once again, here's my Friday selections which I first posted late last night.........

FRIDAY, APRIL 16th
OAKLAND A'S -140 -- 560/400
CHIC CUBS -170 -- 510/300

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Posted a pair of plays very early, and one win in the books thanks to a big inning by the Cubs' offense:houra

Adding a third play today at this time. I just can't pass on this pitching matchup. I know that my beloved Tribe's offense will come around (to some degree) eventually, but tonight's pitching matchup of Buehrle versus Talbot has a SOX win written all over it.

Therefore, in addition to the earlier picks of CUBS and A'S, i am now adding........

FRIDAY, APRIL 16th
CHICAGO WHITE SOX -143 429/300

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Yet another winning day on Friday....Got greedy and threw a third game out there, but no complaints. Anytime you win on the day, it's a good thing...And besides, I'd bet the White Sox on the same pitching matchup again, given the opportunity.

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Going to likely add two additional games -- one late afternoon and one evening. But holding off for now, as both games may be affected in some way by the weather.

The feeling of winter has returned to NE Ohio.....Ba-Humbug!

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Game one is pending (and a close one)....As said earlier, I am adding a late afternoon and evening game. REALLY like the ChiSox today.

SATURDAY, APRIL 17th
in addition the the earlier play of MINNESOTA -177 -- 531/300, adding;
CHICAGO WHITE SOX -128 -- 640/500
CINCINNATI REDS -131 -- 262/200

TheRat

EOG Addicted

SUNDAY, APRIL 18th
CHIC WH SOX +104 500/520
CINCY REDS -112 112/100

TheRat

EOG Addicted

Adding one game today, and it's a biggie.......

SUNDAY, APRIL 18th
TAMPA BAY +128 -- 500/640

TheRat

EOG Addicted

1-2 on Sunday, but +$28 on the day thanks to the big play on the Rays. Hey, anytime I can end the day on a positive is a good day.

YTD
19-11
+$2,535

On to a new week.........

TheRat

EOG Addicted

MONDAY, APRIL 19th
COLORADO ROCKIES -145 725/500
SEATTLE MARINERS -150 300/200