The KKK took my baby away...

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
..great fuckin song by the Ramones...however I have no idea what the hell he is talking about...can anyone clue me in :cocktail

Lawrence said:
..great fuckin song by the Ramones...however I have no idea what the hell he is talking about...can anyone clue me in :cocktail

Makes sense if it was a 7th Floor Crew baby ....BABY :cocktail

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
:D man, that 7th crew song was horrible for real...those guys better stick to playing ball...:+signs99-

JohnnyLaw

EOG Member
Many Ramones fans claim that the song was penned by Joey after Ramones' guitarist Johnny Ramone "stole" Joey's ex-girlfriend Linda from him. The KKK reference refers to Johnny's conservative political stance, which influenced Johnny's management of the band in a militant, slighty authoritarian way. Johnny first started to cheat on his girlfriend at the time, to see Linda. When he wanted to see one girl he would claim to visit his uncle in Philidelphia. To add insult to injury, Johnny eventually married Linda, while his relationship with Joey never recovered ? even when Joey was stricken with cancer.
Although this is a good story, it is almost certainly false, although Johnny did marry Joey's ex. Most sources actually report that Joey had been working on the song since the mid-1970's, which explains why it has more of a classic Ramones tempo and structure to it than most of their songs of that era.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
wow, so that explains it...thanks alot man...Johnny Ramone is that much cooler now knowing he was conservative:+excited-