The HEAT over Celtics are a LIVE DOG......

kane

EOG master
If the C's were 100% healthy I think they beat G St, the Warriors haven't faced the kind of defense Boston could throw at them, unfortunately Boston's two best defenders are hurt, but if they can finish the Heat tonight it would give them five days to get as healthy as possible

homie1975

EOG Addicted
If the C's were 100% healthy I think they beat G St, the Warriors haven't faced the kind of defense Boston could throw at them, unfortunately Boston's two best defenders are hurt, but if they can finish the Heat tonight it would give them five days to get as healthy as possible

even fully healthy, the C's would be underdogs vs GS in a best of 7 finals with GS owning home court at the outset.

i believe it would be a 50/50 toss up.

you say the Dubs have not faced the kind of D Boston could throw at them, but Boston has not faced the kind of O that GS can throw at them, in fact not even close. 4 bonafide scorers and that does not include Dray Green who can get his also.

i agree that if they can excuse the Heat tonight, it bodes well for them in terms of rest and having a chance to steal G1 or G2 in San Fran.

boston massacre

EOG Master
6 of The Celtics Top 7 Are Elite Defenders.

Robert Williams

Grant Williams

Al Hortford

Marcus Smart

Derrick White

Jaylen Brown

A Golden St./ Celtics Match Up Is Made For 7

A Game 7 Match Up At Golden St., Will Make Them A Slight Series Favorite.

boston massacre

EOG Master
even fully healthy, the C's would be underdogs vs GS in a best of 7 finals with GS owning home court at the outset.

i believe it would be a 50/50 toss up.

you say the Dubs have not faced the kind of D Boston could throw at them, but Boston has not faced the kind of O that GS can throw at them, in fact not even close. 4 bonafide scorers and that does not include Dray Green who can get his also.

i agree that if they can excuse the Heat tonight, it bodes well for them in terms of rest and having a chance to steal G1 or G2 in San Fran.

That Is Why This Will Be A Great Match Up.

Even Better If Everybody Can Stay Healthy.

Iggy And Mitten Could Return For Golden St.

kane

EOG master
Boston has not faced the kind of O that GS can throw at them, in fact not even close
Boston beat Brooklyn and Milwaukee, both of those teams average more points per game than Golden St, they've also completely shut down Miami's three point game, the Heat led the league in three point percentage during the season, but have struggled mightily against Boston's perimeter defense, Brooklyn shot 47.7% from the field and 36.3 from three, Milwaukee shot 46.4% from the field and 36.2 from three, Golden St shoots 47.3% from the field and 36.7 from three. Perhaps you can say Golden St is better than those teams offensively, but you can't say "it's not even close". Defensively Boston is ranked first in points against per game, first in FG%, and first in three point FG%

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I am agreeing with you unconditionally and balls deep, kane. Please don't beat me again. You are not one of the best posters at EOG. You are the best! Any month you want to take the EOG Challenge, it's yours. I don't not love you, kane.

ps. That means I do

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Boston beat Brooklyn and Milwaukee, both of those teams average more points per game than Golden St, they've also completely shut down Miami's three point game, the Heat led the league in three point percentage during the season, but have struggled mightily against Boston's perimeter defense, Brooklyn shot 47.7% from the field and 36.3 from three, Milwaukee shot 46.4% from the field and 36.2 from three, Golden St shoots 47.3% from the field and 36.7 from three. Perhaps you can say Golden St is better than those teams offensively, but you can't say "it's not even close". Defensively Boston is ranked first in points against per game, first in FG%, and first in three point FG%

My thoughts exactly. Not really but showing what it looks like when you post prostate yourself. Here is my real reply. I am with you on the Celtics. I think they finish off the Heat tonight and win easily against GS. Splash Brothers will become the Sus Brothers going against that Celtics D.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
They beat Milwaukee with Middleton out the entire series. Things would have been different with another scorer/shooter on the floor for the Bucks. Boston could collapse, double and triple team Giannis. Middleton would have spaced the floor and opened things up.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
I really have to remember to eyeball the live player props late in these games. Fanduel put up Butler at over 42.5 when there was still 3 and half mins left and he had 40. Was -132 .

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Game 7 total of 197.5 is the lowest total of the series by four points.

Game 3 saw a total of 207.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Golden State's luxury tax payment is actually higher than their team payroll!

2021-22 Payroll: $177.9 million

2021-22 Luxury Tax Payment: $184 million

2021-22 Combined Payroll and Luxury Tax Payment: $362 million

Golden State’s payroll is just as high as Brooklyn’s but their luxury tax bill is over $50 million more because they are in the repeater tax. The Warriors earned repeater status because they were taxpayers in three of the last four seasons (2017-18, 2018-19, and 2020-21). The Warriors are very likely to be in the luxury tax over the next four seasons now that they have extended Stephen Curry. If the Warriors remain committed to their core players and paying them top-dollar on Curry’s timeline, they could end up paying close to $2 billion in combined payroll and luxury tax payments through 2025-26.

The Warriors currently have 16 players on their roster so their luxury tax payment will go down just by getting off one of their minimum players. For example, waiving Mychal Mulder and signing him to a two-way deal will save them $14 million. Still, no team has ever spent close to $350 million on their roster.

kane

EOG master
No one gave the Heat a chance last night, and they used the "us against the world" mentality to their advantage

Dell Dude

EOG Master
No one gave the Heat a chance last night, and they used the "us against the world" mentality to their advantage

Also my thoughts exactly down to the "" quote. There is no daylight between kane's thoughts and mine. We are in Spock mind melt mode!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
You have a FISA on me, kane? I literally shaking was going to post the exact same thing. I'm going to cover my privates with a towel next time I pee and poo. Probably cameras and microphones everywhere!

kane

EOG master
Scott Foster is one of the ref's tonight

Celtics record this year in games with Scott Foster 11-0
Heat record this year in games with Scott Foster 1-8

Congrats to Celtics backers

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Overtime in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals would be fitting.

No competitive games until late in the series.

Miami head coach Erik Spoelstra used the term "competitive will" to describe Jimmy Butler's greatest strength.

Love it.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Which NBA teams have played in the most Game 7s?​

[TABLE]

Team

Game 7s

Record

Celtics

25-9

Lakers

16-8