STEAM

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Experimented with Steam a lot back in 2001/02 and found that I could not follow and win nor fade and win.

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
General-- I love that post.

I can't win betting them--I think you have to commit to bet them all or none of them--

I try to outwit the steam and get my ass handed to me.

Pancho Sanza said:
Wantitall is gonna have a field day, he's typing his "steam sucks" thesis as we speak.:smoke

:+bouncing

It doesn't suck...it just isn't "the answer'. it is as good and as bad as everyone else's opinion over the long haul.

There is no such things steam period. I cannot believe books boot guys for this. It is easy money if the books would accept the ebts long term.

I should be running ever book out here.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I'll go along with college steam sucks this year on sides.

But in the NFL this year - the sides and totals have done OK. Anybody got a scientific explanation for that?

cincy_

EOG Veteran
Sam Odom said:
Expectations and Variances for Continuous Random Variables

That line sounded good

BUT

There are no CONTINUOUS random variables when dealing with spreads and totals. Go to the chapter on DISCRETE random variables.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
cincy_ said:
That line sounded good

BUT

There is no CONTINUOUS random variable here. Go to the chapter on DISCRETE random variables.

I'm too old and the memory aint as good as it used to be but isnt there some connected distinct parts in NFL & NCAA?

cincy_

EOG Veteran
No

If you could get 10.001 or 10.03456 points and have it mean something THEN you have a continuous variable. As soon as you make JUMPS - like from 7 points to 7.5 points, you're dealing with discrete variables.

That being said, you hit it on the head when you talked about expectations and variances - because the term "expectation" is primarily used with discrete variables while "mean" is used when dealing with continuous variables (for the most part). (I admit I am a geek who teaches this stuff for a living. See how boring my life is?)

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Gambler - Is that all the moves - sides only- from the opening number? Problem is - about 20 of those get beat on the closing number. You can't get the opening number on all of them.

I wouldn't disagree that steam on college totals has been OK. But, catch 22 again - what number can you get compared to the opener? Late steam on college sides has been bad (Wed-Sat) at 45% and it can't all be buy back. I guess I need to break it down to steam on favorites or dogs.

Maybe college touts suck this year? Can that be it?

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
OK, I see - you get it as fast as you can - even though there might be a few that lose because of not getting the original number. Your 194-176 #. Does that include college totals?