Record ticket prices for Michigan vs Iowa Thursday night

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Steph v Sabrina

One cautionary note for Sabrina backers: She's shooting from the NBA line.

Advantage: Steph.

THAT is the one thing that scares me. If she was shooting from WNBA 3 she would stand a much better chance. I might be looking to get off this and just eat around 1/2 unit if she wins. I admire her desire to shoot from NBA 3-range but it is rather unwise to do so. The ONLY thing that might help her: You better believe she has been practicing from NBA 3-range and felt confident she could compete. If not - she is not smart here.

Next season if Caitlin Clark is in the WNBA they need to have her and Curry go at it - Clark from WNBA 3.

Heim

EOG Master
This is starting to remind me of these retired NBA players, including Shaq, bitching about Steve Nash winning MVP 2x and specifically over him. A racial nexus.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Swoopes watched Bird and Taurasi grab all the attention (and money) during her later days in the WNBA.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It's a tougher situation for women hoopsters than their male counterparts because of the money.

The NBA makes every superstar set for life while the WNBA ladies are playing for peanuts.

Think of it: Shaq money versus Swoopes money.

Heim

EOG Master
These girls should be bowing down to Clark. For a week or so she's brought woman's basketball to the forefront. Yesterday it was the lead story everywhere trumping NBA coverage. Everybody gains a little.

She'll infuse some excitement into a money losing league when she enters.

Stupid self centered bitches.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
She will get bigger overseas when she turns pro.

How much bump does she give Olympic and National Team to earn $$$?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
These girls should be bowing down to Clark. For a week or so she's brought woman's basketball to the forefront. Yesterday it was the lead story everywhere trumping NBA coverage. Everybody gains a little.

She'll infuse some excitement into a money losing league when she enters.

Stupid self centered bitches.

How do you really feel?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Clark's playing style fits perfectly with the WNBA's current "pace and space" style.

Bombs away!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The soft European tag in the NBA was a real thing until the NBA expanded its reach to include Africa and South America.

It was good to see Hakeem Olajuwon and Manu Ginobili stand up to the toughest players in the NBA.

I'll never forget Olajuwon toying with both Patrick Ewing and David Robinson at different times.

Heim

EOG Master
The soft European tag in the NBA was a real thing until the NBA expanded its reach to include Africa and South America.

It was good to see Hakeem Olajuwon and Manu Ginobili stand up to the toughest players in the NBA.

I'll never forget Olajuwon toying with both Patrick Ewing and David Robinson at different times.

Hakeem was a soccer player, which explained his great footwork around the basket...they don't talk about him much but he lays over most, if not all centers offense

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hakeem was a soccer player, which explained his great footwork around the basket...they don't talk about him much but he lays over most, if not all centers offense

And a great two-way player.

Where Patrick Ewing emerged as an offensive threat as the years went on, Hakeem was a complete player from the start.

Hakeem had a face-up game while most other centers preferred to play with their back to the basket.

And then, of course, there was Hakeem's "Dream Shake" from the baseline.

Virtually unstoppable.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Next year's sequel to tonight's Steph v Sabrina showdown is obvious and though the opponent will change, the alliteration will stay in place: Curry v Clark Confrontation.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Lol at some of social media saying she could hoop in the NBA. With that semi set shot... she'd be on a leather diet. Let's not get carried away.

If Ann Meyers couldn't do it, CC has no prayer. You are right in the fact she would need dental work after every game to pull parts of the basketball from her teeth after every shot

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Lol at some of social media saying she could hoop in the NBA. With that semi set shot... she'd be on a leather diet. Let's not get carried away.

Clark would be a non-factor against quality men's players at the junior college level, let alone the best players in the world.

Same sport, different game.

Heim

EOG Master
Her WNBA career will be interesting. There's a lot of guards built like Vinnie Johnson. There will be Caitlin rules.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Entertaining show tonight for the Sabrina-Steph showdown.

Final score: Steph 29 Sabrina 26.

Credit Sabrina with a fantastic showing.

Last edited:

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
JK--------Make the odds on CLARK returning to Iowa for another season.
Why not go back- that campus would be rockin, as opposed to playing in front of no one. That shit league will still be there the following year. Bueckers is going back to UCONN.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Why not go back- that campus would be rockin, as opposed to playing in front of no one. That shit league will still be there the following year. Bueckers is going back to UCONN.

??.........Indiana will sellout every game if they draft her, plus her away games will be heavily attended.

Heim

EOG Master
I remember when Ann Meyers was invited to the Pacers training camp. She wasn't bad penetrating and overall ball handling. Defense and getting a shot off, different story. She lasted a few weeks.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Enjoying play-below-the-rim more than the men's game of late. They play fundamentally sound without the burning desire of looking cool while you do it.

Love CC too but honestly she's going to be the 12th man on a decent High School team. That's her cap if it isn't beaver ball.

If you don't know that you probably didn't play HS (or higher) hoops.

After averaging 7 points a game in the WNBA the hoopla wears off, back to more cheerleaders in the gym than fans.

Muff Madness dries up.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
MUFF MADNESS

LOL

Normally I would agree but she has a boyfriend - he is some kind of assistant coach for the Indy Pacers.

Keep that in mind. If she stays in the draft she will be picked by a team in the same city as her boyfriend. Because of that I think she declares for the draft.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Normally I would agree but she has a boyfriend - he is some kind of assistant coach for the Indy Pacers.

Keep that in mind. If she stays in the draft she will be picked by a team in the same city as her boyfriend. Because of that I think she declares for the draft.
Yes

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK--------Make the odds on CLARK returning to Iowa for another season.

Gotta think she's moving on to the next chapter of her life.

Though I don't have any special insight.

Caitlin has gained rock-star status on the collegiate level.

I'll be interested to see if the interest in her translates to the WNBA.

While the league is looking to expand in the coming years (Golden State arrives in 2025 to be the league's 13th team), I suspect the WNBA has done its due diligence concerning college hoop hotbeds like Iowa, Tennessee, South Carolina, etc. for further expansion.

Interestingly, however, the success of UConn women's basketball hasn't really translated to big crowds for the Connecticut Sun.

Last edited:

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Stay in school- nothing beats the college experience. Another year with your teamates, a chance to win an NCAA title, playing in front of 17k at Hawkeye Arena and sold out campuses. What is better than that. Nothing compares.

That shit league will still be around the following year. (If the NBA continues to fund it) You’ll still play in front of 5,000 people who got a free ticket with a 10 gallon gas purchase.

No brainer- go back for another year.

ouch

EOG Dedicated
Enjoying play-below-the-rim more than the men's game of late. They play fundamentally sound without the burning desire of looking cool while you do it.

Love CC too but honestly she's going to be the 12th man on a decent High School team. That's her cap if it isn't beaver ball.

If you don't know that you probably didn't play HS (or higher) hoops.

After averaging 7 points a game in the WNBA the hoopla wears off, back to more cheerleaders in the gym than fans.

Muff Madness dries up.

Everything in the U.S. gets marketed for money these days. Because of this, I am shocked that nobody has come up with the idea (and money) to match a really good boys high school team against a WNBA all-star team, and settle that issue once and for all.

The interest a game like this could generate would be off the charts. Bill Jean King against a washed up tennis pro back in 1973 was huge, and created a buzz all over the country. This would be bigger.