hous +160
LAD -120
Ari -120
Milw -160
:cheers

paytheline

EOG Addicted
Re: PTL's 2013 Baseball Selections

not a great way to start my 1st thread in years...better not be an indication of the coming baseball season either..

1-4 -370

got shutout in 2 games and scored 1 in 2 others....:shoot:

paytheline

EOG Addicted

hind sight is 20/20...but sometimes the start of a season and the excitement it brings .... makes one forget about rules of playing the sport that one has developed over the years...with the quantity of games available to play on a daily basis for the next six months, success can be related to the discipline you have which keeps you off a loser as much as your skill in picking winners...i broke 2 rules i normally have yesterday which cost me....because there are plenty of games out there i try to not let an elite pitcher beat me...also, -160 is the highest i ever will go on a favorite so to lay this much wood is set aside for a best bet type situation...certainly milw was not deserving of such a price so early in the season....i would have lost just the same...however i cost myself 260 by being too eager so early...i need to be in better baseball condition

in the nfl i'm a numbers guy...i will wait 3-4 weeks while i gather data before setting my plays on my power system...i do make plays mind you...some from intuition and others from being put on a game by what i have read on the threads or elsewhere or from people i consider to be knowledgeable...but my season usually starts when my data has been gathered...

:cheers

paytheline

EOG Addicted

all away teams took the money yesterday...i had 4 home teams and my sole winner was seattle who played at oakland for the 2nd time...one of my quirky rules i normally play by is to not get caught in a flip-flop situation...since i lost 4 games yesterday, i try to keep off the teams that beat me yesterday...more often than not, when i flip sides in a short series, i flop...usually ending up with a loser in each game.....as in all rules, there are exceptions to those rules...no exceptions can be made this early in the season as no one really knows what makes these teams tick...

paytheline

EOG Addicted

1-6 YTD -570

only thing good about yesterday was limiting picks

in reading some of the other threads with baseball selections i note that gyno has been making selections with fractions of a unit...very smart thing to do this early until one gets the feel for things..i have kept the plays at single units of $100 for simplicity of track9ing...may start using 1/2 units for the remainder of this 1st week...

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

bol this season,....:cheers

it is definitely a marathon,.....

& i have always been intrigued how certain teams have great springs,.....like kansas city.....

then start off slow in april

paytheline

EOG Addicted

stick with 1 unit plays

over 7 -125 sea/oak
tb -120

i'm being told that most off shore books are using 20 cent lines because they have taken losses in both football & baskets this year.... can anyone confirm?

paytheline

EOG Addicted

adding 1 unit plays

rs +120
Atl -130
clev +170
over 9 clev/tor -125

paytheline

EOG Addicted

friday

1 unit over 7.5 E atl/chi
1/2 unit tor -160
1/2 unit oak -160

good luck:cheers

ouch

EOG Dedicated

Hang in there......it is very early yet. You'll get it going.

And congrats on winning the NCAA basketball contest. Damn impressive performance.

paytheline

EOG Addicted

thanks ouch....got lucky with the ncaa tourney....would rather be lucky than good if i had to choose...
now if i could only get this baseball season turned around..

looks like another losing day...but at least i cut the units down...where i will keep them until i get it going:cheers

paytheline

EOG Addicted

Saturday Aternoion
sf -140
tex -130
over 8.5 -115 cin/wash

1/2 unit each:btj:

paytheline

EOG Addicted

1-2 -85 saturday afternoon

did not post it but i took kc in the pm session and lost with 2 out in bottom of 9th when phillies scored 3 times...when you're going bad....you can't get out of your own way

5-14 -1035 YTD

paytheline

EOG Addicted

Sunday

ari E
oak -160
Col -160

1/2 units each:btj::btj::btj:
good luck to all

paytheline

EOG Addicted

tuesday

oak +130
cin +100
Atl -162
milw +100
cws +140

1/2 unit each:btj::btj::btj:

paytheline

EOG Addicted

10-19 ytd -1050

contemplating boycotting any play on the brewers in the near future. they could be my nemesis for 2013....come to think of it...i may have to add to that list if this keeps up:lightbulb::lol

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

was on Oakland last night myself,....

what a grand ball gm that was......Especially liked seeing pujols run the angels outta an even bigger inning w/his over aggressive base running.....

gonna be a long yr in Anaheim.....

&

i think the seat is gettin' hot under scioscia right now...

paytheline

EOG Addicted

was on Oakland last night myself,....

what a grand ball gm that was......Especially liked seeing pujols run the angels outta an even bigger inning w/his over aggressive base running.....

gonna be a long yr in Anaheim.....

&

i think the seat is gettin' hot under scioscia right now...

i didn't watch the game but read the boxscore this am...got to like the way the a's came back strong when threatened:cheers

paytheline

EOG Addicted

wednesday

nyy -110
over 9 -105 nyy/cle
atl -160
kc -145
oak +115
over 9.5 +105 rs/balt

all 1/2 units:btj:

paytheline

EOG Addicted

19-21 -380 ytd

saturday night

ari -130 1 unit
over 7.5 E KC/Tor 1 unit
phil -150 - 1/2 unit

:btj:

paytheline

EOG Addicted

21-25 -585 ytd

may put up a couple of plays in the night game...

want to check on a few things 1st...

paytheline

EOG Addicted

21-27 -885 ytd

late total & game were both even...forgot to list the price

back to square one2348ji23e2348ji23e