OT : Fox News

MCP

everyone knows they are a shill for the republicans but my pet peeve when it comes to them is that every single day on their "crawl" at the bottom of the screen they give a flash of ** terror alert elevated ***

well isnt there only 4 or 5 levels of terror alerts? the way fox uses this to instill fear is disgusting.. but i suppose it worked for Bush to get back in office, so they continue to use this fear based propaganda

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
And everyone knows that CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, and ABC are just shills for the liberal left, ie. the Democratic party

MCP

you didnt address the main issue pioneer.. (thats the republican MO)

you think its ok for them to do this ? no big deal ?

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Fox news only seems this way because we are used to the years of CNN (communist new network) and NY times and most other media outlets being so liberally biased, that when something comes out different, it seems biased towards the righties...either way O'erilly and the other fox shows have more than double the ratings of all the other stations, so theyre doing something right...now can we move this to the poly forum, and get back to capping games

See what one attack on America did?

Homeland Security
Plane security increased
More cops
Everyone is searched like a suspect

That's all that Taliban wanted to do. They want us to live in fear day in day out.

This government is fucked.

MCP

lol see how the republicans wont answer the question and try to spin it to something else

its no big deal, i was just curious if anyone else was sick of seeing it

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
I did answer your question...you may not like the answer, and thats another issue...it only seems that way to you because you have been conditioned by years of waking up to starbucks and new york times...

MCP

lawrence you're clueless. i live in middle america buddy and am working class.

you're just a brainwashed huck from the south.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
damn man, no need to insult anyone personally...and i am not a dumb "huck?"...I am a college educated hispanic male who lives in a very urbanized area...so much for your profiling...whenever you'd like to debate without the childish name calling, thats cool with me

MCP

i try not to debate republicans they are generally narrow minded and set in their ways and believe their party can do no wrong.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
where in any of my posts do i say that they can do no wrong...actually the thread you started was about fox news (which you obviously like to watch), not republicans...

MCP

yes i watch fox, i enjoy some of the shows... i make a comment about their crawl and how every day there is a terror alert and all of a sudden you right wing psychos turn it around and talk about CNN, without even acknowledging what fox does and how wrong it is. instead you point out something else on the other side

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
MCPrepublicans they are generally narrow minded [/quote said:
lmao...talk about ironic...you are calling me narrow-minded right after you make a generalization about millions of people?...seems you are narrow-minded...you're fumbling your way thru this discussion much like the UCF qb is fumbling away their chances :+waving-5

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
MCP said:
lawrence get back in your raft..
WOW...now you've shown yourself to be a racist prick on top of everything else...I will leave this discussion now, as you seem to be losing it for real...but let me tell you something, you are lucky to be hiding behind the cpu, because if you were to insult my ethnicity in real life, you would get knocked the fu*k out..and that is a better bet than your UCF ML..:+waving-5

MCP

i doubt it larry... you may try to cut me, esse... but you wont knock me out.. i promise

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
MCP said:
i doubt it larry... you may try to cut me, esse... but you wont knock me out.. i promise
lol..are your arguments that weak that you have to be racist to try and make a point?...I guess when you know you are wrong, and backed into a corner, you will say anything you can

MCP

what am i wrong about???

ill ask one more time

what do you think about fox news send out a daily terror elevation alert?? try to answer without mentioning liberals or cnn

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
it doesnt bother me one bit...if their is a change, at least you know fox news will be on top of it letting everyone know...
now answer something for me: why do you have to resort to insulting my heritage in an argument? dont you think thats a bit of a low blow, not to mention fukkin racist, the very thing your ilk accuses the republicans of being?

MCP

larry there are 5 levels of terror alert

every single day fox news claims the terror alert has been elevated.

i guess you cant understand the problem here.

did your family come over on a raft? if not, im not really insulting your heritage... and what makes it an insult anyway ? i admire those who float over here trying to escape their 3rd world countries.

MCP ... lets try and tone it down a bit with the racial crap. I am sure Noreaga came over on a yacht too .... if you get my drift pal.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
MCP said:
larry there are 5 levels of terror alert

every single day fox news claims the terror alert has been elevated.

i guess you cant understand the problem here.

did your family come over on a raft? if not, im not really insulting your heritage... and what makes it an insult anyway ? i admire those who float over here trying to escape their 3rd world countries.
dont act stupid you racist prick...we were arguing like normal partisans up until the post where you told me to "go back to my raft"...then a few posts later you say "you might stab me esse"...you know damn well what you are saying when you made these comments...if you told a black person go back to Africa, even if they werent directly from there, you know that is a fukkin insult..dont act stupid...why say anything like that at all? because youre arguments have no merit, so you have to pull that card...

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Glaken said:
MCP ... lets try and tone it down a bit with the racial crap. I am sure Noreaga came over on a yacht too .... if you get my drift pal.
is MCP Noreaga?...oh man that would make fukkin perfect sense

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
MCP said:
everyone knows they are a shill for the republicans but my pet peeve when it comes to them is that every single day on their "crawl" at the bottom of the screen they give a flash of ** terror alert elevated ***

well isnt there only 4 or 5 levels of terror alerts? the way fox uses this to instill fear is disgusting.. but i suppose it worked for Bush to get back in office, so they continue to use this fear based propaganda

MCP,
I only addressed your first clause because I thought it was fair and balanced to do so. For the rest of your post, your point escapes me. Your pet peeve is that every single day they report what the terror alert is for that day? They are a news service; what do you expect them to do? They report the news! They don't make the decision as to what the terror alert is for each day; the department of homeland security (in conjunction with other government agencies like the FBI and CIA) determines what level of terror alert applies each day.
You are correct in saying that there are 5 levels of terror alert: 1) normal 2) guarded 3) elevated 4) high and 5) serious. I does seem somewhat boring that just about everyday since 9/11/01 the terror alert has been elevated, ie. level 3. But just as recently as Oct, it was raised to level 4 for at least NYC, when a specific threat was identified.
I just switched over to Fox and the elevated terror level alert did appear on the crawl right on schedule after about 2 minutes. I've grown so accustomed to it, that I really don't pay any attention to it. I sincerely doubt that many people are frightened by it like you claim.

ps. You have certainly identified yourself to be quite the horse's ass in this thread.

MCP

no pioneer... they say the terror alert has been ELEVATED every day.. turn on fox within 10 minutes im sure they will flash it.

MCP

Glaken said:

no i dont catch your drift at all, pal

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
Coco- yes I will be arriving on thursday with my latin refugee mafia...lol

Glaken- quit talking about my underwear pally :+signs11-

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
MCP said:
no pioneer... they say the terror alert has been ELEVATED every day.. turn on fox within 10 minutes im sure they will flash it.

No MCP, they don't say the terror alert has been elevated everyday. And I already said that I went to Fox and the terror alert is listed as elevated. But they do NOT say anything about it being elevated every day as you falsely claim. They only report what the terror level is for that day and it is a fact that it has been elevated just about everyday since 9/11/01. But I already pointed out to you that as recently as October this year, the terror alert was listed as level 4 or HIGH, at least for NYC, when they identified a specific threat for terror activity in NYC.

This is a non-issue to everyone except you! I still don't know what your point is but you have identified yourself as quite a horse's ass.

dirty

EOG Master
pioneer said:
No MCP, they don't say the terror alert has been elevated everyday. And I already said that I went to Fox and the terror alert is listed as elevated. But they do NOT say anything about it being elevated every day as you falsely claim. They only report what the terror level is for that day and it is a fact that it has been elevated just about everyday since 9/11/01. But I already pointed out to you that as recently as October this year, the terror alert was listed as level 4 or HIGH, at least for NYC, when they identified a specific threat for terror activity in NYC.

This is a non-issue to everyone except you! I still don't know what your point is but you have identified yourself as quite a horse's ass.

Thank you Mr. Pioneer.....MCP has lost any Credibility he ever had with me......The Racist BS is just too Much...

NO Friggin way that that should even Be allowed....and people call the South Racist......give me a Break......:doh1