O.J. Simpson dead at the age of 76

Heim

EOG Master
OJ was on the USC 4x100 track relay team that held the world record at one time.

Dude was fast, which explains his quick murder scene exit...

Dell Dude

EOG Master
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Former NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress pleaded guilty Thursday to a weapons charge stemming from a shooting incident at a nightclub last year, the Manhattan district attorney said.

Former NFL wide receiver Plaxico Burress will serve two years in prison after pleading guilty to weapons charges.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Bushy and kane have amnesty. The rest of you EOG Liberals can go fuck yourselves and each other. Starting with your pervert, sister beating, neice abusing leader, Kinkyduck.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
OJ was on the USC 4x100 track relay team that held the world record at one time.

Dude was fast, which explains his quick murder scene exit...

He actually walked instead of run, out of the side walkway at Bundy, based on the distance between the 5 blood drops found to the left of his footprints (obviously from his blood left middle finger which got injured during the knifings)

Heim

EOG Master
He actually walked instead of run, out of the side walkway at Bundy, based on the distance between the 5 blood drops found to the left of his footprints (obviously from his blood left middle finger which got injured during the knifings)

Yep...DNA match. This was premeditated. I'm sure OJ planned this because he had a alibi with his imminent departure to Chicago.

Unfortunately Goldman was at the wrong place at the wrong time. OJ had been stalking her having watched her having sex thru a window.

He had 20 girlfriends but couldn't handle his ex with anyone else.

There was a lot of evidence not favorable to OJ not allowed but it wouldn't have mattered, that jury would never have convicted.

Heim

EOG Master
The Rodney King fiasco pre OJ trial was a blessing for the 'Juice'....that video was forever etched in the black jurors minds and the
other minorities.

On another side note it's interesting that most of the defense team has succumbed to cancer, Shapiro is currently battling prostate.

OJ never paid his entire attorney bill, he still owed a ton.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Yep...DNA match. This was premeditated. I'm sure OJ planned this because he had a alibi with his imminent departure to Chicago.

Unfortunately Goldman was at the wrong place at the wrong time. OJ had been stalking her having watched her having sex thru a window.

There was a lot of evidence not favorable to OJ not allowed but it wouldn't have mattered, that jury would never have convicted.
right.

the moment mark fuhrman found that glove and the trial was moved to DTLA, it was over.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
The Rodney King fiasco pre OJ trial was a blessing for the 'Juice'....that video was forever etched in the black jurors minds and the
other minorities.

On another side note it's interesting that most of the defense team has succumbed to cancer, Shapiro is currently battling prostate.

1,000% agree.

it was extremely racially tense out here.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
other minorities.

That piece of dog shit crack addict was the reason he got off. Maybe they can put their graves side by side, since they are tied together.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

I always wondered if Goldman put up a fight or even had a chance to.
Were they just ambushed that quick?
I would think he would be stabbed first out of the two.
No screams from Nicole that anyone heard

homie1975

EOG Addicted
I always wondered if Goldman put up a fight or even had a chance to.
Were they just ambushed that quick?
I would think he would be stabbed first out of the two.
No screams from Nicole that anyone heard
watch the incredible documentary "OJ Made in America". watch part 3 of the 5 part series.

DA bill hodgeman goes through the crime scene evidence in 3 minutes in terms of how it explained the murder occurred based on the blood, the footprints, and mainly the victims location of stab wounds.

it was in effect "a killing cage" to use his words of how OJ killed Goldman

MrTop

EOG Master
Interesting....I didn't know they got anything. He fought like crazy to protect his NFL pension.

Juice is also infamous when living in Florida for lifting a neighbors cable without paying.

this month's issue of kiplinger

Last edited:

MrTop

EOG Master
The name O.J. Simpson stirs a number of memories, including the slow-speed chase in the white
Ford Bronco in 1994. Simpson was charged with killing his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman but was acquitted. A $33 million civil wrongful death judgment was obtained in 1997 against Simpson. The judgment was not paid in any meaningful way for the past 27 years and, with interest, has grown to over $100 million. Simpson died on April 10 of prostate cancer at age 76.

Despite the Brown-Goldman judgment, Simpson lived a seemingly luxurious lifestyle. This is primarily due to two reasons. First, Simpson acquired his principal residence in the state of Florida. Article X, Section 4 of the Florida Constitution protects a Florida resident’s homestead from creditors. The Florida homestead exemption provides two types of creditor and family protection as follows:

Florida homestead protection. The creditors cannot force a sale of the homestead property before and at death. This exemption protected Simpson’s home from being targeted by the Brown and Goldman families pursuant to the wrongful death judgment. This protection had no valuation limit whatsoever. The entire value of the home was protected.

Restrictions on devise (inheritance) and alienation. This exemption seeks to protect spouses and family members living in the homestead. For example, the exemption impedes the owner from transferring the homestead to his mistress at death rather than his wife and children living in the homestead. During life, the consent of his spouse living in the property may be required for the sale of or a loan against the property.

Under Florida law, the protection is available only for property considered to be a primary residence. That property must be half an acre or less if located in the city. If the residence is not in the city, then the property cannot exceed 160 acres. Florida’s unlimited homestead exemption provided substantial protection for Simpson from the Brown-Goldman judgment. This exemption helped Simpson to maintain his lifestyle.

Many states have their own version of homestead creditor protection. For example, California’s law homestead protection is $313,200 at a minimum up to $626,400, the exact amount to be determined by reference to the countywide median sale price for a single-family home (adjusted for inflation). Nevada’s homestead law protects equity up to $605,000. Neither California nor Nevada is nearly as generous with its homestead creditor protection as Florida.

Retirement assets were protected, too

The second reason Simpson was able to live a luxurious lifestyle has to do with federal protection for retirement assets. And he benefited from pensions from both the Screen Actors Guild and the National Football League (NFL). Pensions and retirement plan assets are often the best protected assets that we own. Virtually all ERISA-qualified pension plans are federally protected from both creditors and bankruptcy. This includes most defined benefit pension plans, 401(k), profit-sharing or money purchase plans.

Simpson’s pensions, combined with his Florida homestead, allowed him to live very comfortably despite the Brown-Goldman judgment. This is a significant consideration for us all regarding our own asset protection plans.

Note that traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, SEP and KEOGH plans and 403(B) plans are not provided with federal protection. Those accounts may be protected at different levels based upon state law. For example, California’s law allows you to protect only what’s necessary to support you and your dependents at the time of your retirement.

Two key questions are typically asked in a California court:

If you are 40 years old, healthy, employed with an appropriate salary, you are less likely to be protected than if you are 69, suffering from medical issues and unemployed.

Note also that inherited IRAs are not afforded any creditor protection at all. The U.S. Supreme Court in Clark v. Rameker, 573 US 122 (2014), determined that an inherited IRA is no longer considered to be retirement funds under the bankruptcy code. Inherited IRAs are, therefore, not entitled to any protection whatsoever. Clark v. Rameker involved an IRA inherited by the account owner’s daughter. Undecided to date is whether the funds going to a surviving spouse would be guaranteed protection. Note that a surviving spouse can roll those funds into his or her account, which may protect from this risk.

Separate stand-alone retirement legacy trusts may be used as the IRA beneficiary to provide the missing asset protection for beneficiaries. Greater control over distributions can be obtained with the retirement legacy trust.

It’ll take time to sort things out

Time will tell how much of Simpson’s assets will be paid to the Brown and Goldman families. The executor of Simpson’s estate, Malcolm LaVergne, initially vowed that the Goldmans in particular would not receive anything, though he has softened his stance since then, according to CBS News. That decision is not really under his control and will depend on the amount, nature or type and title to assets held at the date of Simpson’s death.

Much of Simpson’s net worth was lost in his criminal trial and in the civil trial that followed. We do not know if Simpson’s pension provided any benefit to his heirs upon his death.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I wonder if Mister Kelly liked OJ Simpson?

I once saw O.J. Simpson at a Red Onion restaurant in Woodland Hills, California.

The year was 1985 or thereabouts.

He was drinking at the bar with a tall African-American man who was significantly taller than O.J.

I still remember O.J.'s large head.

He had a massive mug.

It wasn't until 10 years later, during the O.J. trial, that I realized O.J.'s friend was former NFL defensive end Al Cowlings.

1713431565835.png

homie1975

EOG Addicted
I once saw O.J. Simpson at a Red Onion restaurant in Woodland Hills, California.

The year was 1985 or thereabouts.

He was drinking at the bar with a tall African-American man who was significantly taller than O.J.

I still remember O.J.'s large head.

He had a massive mug.

It wasn't until 10 years later, during the O.J. trial, that I realized O.J.'s friend was former NFL defensive end Al Cowlings.

View attachment 7470873

His best buddy Al Cowlings is 6'5". I will guess it was him.

Heim

EOG Master
OJ surrounded by family when he died was a nice story, truth, it was only his lawyer and executor of his estate.

One last note. OJ was married twice. When Lange called him in Chicago, he said your ex wife was murdered...he never inquired which one.

Heim

EOG Master
Everyone is dissing the prosecution. But in every city you're going to get mismatches with public servants v. high powered defense teams. They could have called in for help from the Attorney Generals office but I'm sure Marcia thought she could handle it. Wrong.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Everyone is dissing the prosecution. But in every city you're going to get mismatches with public servants v. high powered defense teams. They could have called in for help from the Attorney Generals office but I'm sure Marcia thought she could handle it. Wrong.
ZERO chance any prosecution was going to win, IMO.

1) celebrity of OJ was bigger than anything we had ever witnessed in a courtroom in history. the most high profile murder suspect ever. ever.

2) rodney king cops were let off just 2 years prior to the 1994 murders

3) mark fuhrman found the glove. Defense had no dirt on any other cop. none.