Nice call on over MIA-BGREEN BW! LOL

shoebox

EOG Veteran
I wonder if he put a call in to have the game hold up 3 hrs till the bad weather passed, LOL Reminds me of the transformer game with UNLV, guy has the biggest Horseshoe known to man. 80 mile per hour winds, tornado warnings, driving rain, the man still bets over and cashed the ticket, due to a 3 hour weather delay. He is my hero!

I got screwed, I'm on 3-11 shift this week, so I parlayed the over with Arkon early yesterday morning when it was still 59. Its my own fault for not checking the forcast. I can't win for losing.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
I think that through the years a bad trend has developed in the fact that many people instantly feel that bad weather, rain specifically, is going to contribute to a low scoring game.

Keep in mind, it's the OFFENSIVE players, mainly receivers, who know BEFORE HAND what the play is, or what route they are going to run. The defender is at a MUCH LARGER disadvantage than the offensive player.

So, in all reality, bad weather/rain can sometimes have the OPPOSITE effect in a game than what most initially think......

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Hache Man said:
I think that through the years a bad trend has developed in the fact that many people instantly feel that bad weather, rain specifically, is going to contribute to a low scoring game.

Keep in mind, it's the OFFENSIVE players, mainly receivers, who know BEFORE HAND what the play is, or what route they are going to run. The defender is at a MUCH LARGER disadvantage than the offensive player.

So, in all reality, bad weather/rain can sometimes have the OPPOSITE effect in a game than what most initially think......

Bad weather does make the game low scoring, it just so happens they waited till it passed and they played it in fairly decent conditions.

Hache Man

Pancho Sanza said:
Bad weather does make the game low scoring, it just so happens they waited till it passed and they played it in fairly decent conditions.

Snow, very bad wind/gusts, yes, I agree Pancho...........But not just rain.......

I would be willing to bet that when rain is involved, over/unders are close to 50-50

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
You could be right, I would say between rain, snow, and wind, rain has less of an influence, unless its an absolute downpour. (remember KC/Tampa Bay 1979, 3-0 Bucs final)

Its wind thats the biggest factor. Cant pass or kick Fg's.

Hache Man

Pancho Sanza said:
You could be right, I would say between rain, snow, and wind, rain has less of an influence, unless its an absolute downpour. (remember KC/Tampa Bay 1979, 3-0 Bucs final)

LOL.......You were thinking the EXAXCT same game that I was thinking of that could be an exception with rain! :D
Of course, Lee Roy Selmon & the rest of the Bucs defense had a lot to do with that also ;) ........lol

Hache Man

Pancho Sanza said:
Last game of the year, bucs clinch the NFC central and their first playoff spot.

Awesome game.:+thumbs-2

Yes, and then they go on to lose to freakin Vince Ferragamo & the Rams in the NFC Championship game......:doh1

shoebox said:
I wonder if he put a call in to have the game hold up 3 hrs till the bad weather passed, LOL Reminds me of the transformer game with UNLV, guy has the biggest Horseshoe known to man. 80 mile per hour winds, tornado warnings, driving rain, the man still bets over and cashed the ticket, due to a 3 hour weather delay. He is my hero!

shoebox,

BW didn't put the call in, but he may have had someone else do it...

You of all people should know this! :mutley