NHL Play

Bushay

NHL Expert
Keep an eye on Detroit. Winners of 3 in a row, have beaten some decent teams so far for a team that has not reached the playoffs in years. Most of you likely know I follow this team very closely. They have an almost cupcake-like schedule till Jan 1. Facing only the Rangers on the road on Tuesday, Carolina and Boston later in December, both at home. Already beating both Bos and NYR earlier. After Jan. 1st the schedule gets much tougher with 3 tougher West Coast road trips. If they are looking ahead, they have to know this is a softer stretch of 17 games that are all very winnable for them till they have to deal with the Kings, Golden Knights, Colorados, Dallas, and a very good Vancouver squad among others down the stretch and to do their best to put some space between the other playoff hopeful teams in the East. Rumors are Patrick Kane has narrowed his choices down to 2-3 teams now and Detroit is one of them according to the talking heads. If he lands in Detroit, look out. Their PP looks very good as well. Alex Lyon seems to have earned the starter's job for now with 3 steller outings. He's the same guy Florida rode on a hit streak down the stretch last season before the Panthers lost in the finals.

Another team you can't help but like are the KIngs. They are not sneaking up on anyone with a 13-3-3 record now, but like Detroit, no real superstars in the lineup, just a solid team up and down the lineup. Both young and hungry for attention.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Good Day sir, once again you are being typical.

When you talk hockey and the Wings, you’re always revving your engine in November
but every year when spring comes your team runs out of gas.

Last year the Wings went 19-28 after December and just 7-15 after Mar 1st.

Detroit hasn’t played a playoff game since 2016.
Detroit hasn’t won a playoff series since 2013.
Does anyone remember disgraced 2013 coach Mike Babcock.

And what’s the deal with paying Dylan Larkin $67 million over 8 years? He’s been the captain of failure
who is now in his 9th season, appearing in just 5 playoff games in 9 years. ??

If I was a Wings fan I would keep my pants on until April.
It’s when the sport of hockey and the Stanley Cup really matters.
For many years the only thing the Wings have done in April is play golf.
Sad.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
VGK-CLG - Under 6 -120 - 60 Min. Regulation Time - 1 unit pinny
WSH-SJ - Under 6 -150 - 60 Min. Regulation Time - 1 unit pinny
SJ - Under 2.5 Team Total -152 - 60 Min. Regulation Time - 1 unit pinny

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
A couple of interesting moves today, both involving ex-Blackhawks

Patrick Kane is going to sign with the enemy Red Wings
Chicago adruptly waives Corey Perry.

Kane, we knew was signing somewhere, but the Perry story is the interesting one. Perry was a surprising scratch last week, and hasn’t played since. There have been rumors that he is screwing around with Bedard’s mother.. let’s see who signs Perry now.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
A couple of interesting moves today, both involving ex-Blackhawks

Patrick Kane is going to sign with the enemy Red Wings
Chicago adruptly waives Corey Perry.

Kane, we knew was signing somewhere, but the Perry story is the interesting one. Perry was a surprising scratch last week, and hasn’t played since. There have been rumors that he is screwing around with Bedard’s mother.. let’s see who signs Perry now.
Should be interesting to see what the story is on Perry when the details get out eventually. Kane back in Chicago on Chris Chelios retirement jersey night is a good possibility.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Several NHL teams lately have been diligently hiring young women for scouting, team analytics and video analysis.
Chicago even made a promotional video detailing all the females they had hired in these roles and what an awesome work
these young women we’re doing.
It’s possible that Perry had discreetly tried to start a relationship but the woman saw it as harassment.
Who knows?

Who remembers the scandal in Vancouver with young video analyst Rachel Doerrie?
Doerrie claimed she was a victim of harassment.
It’s ironic that the Doerrie scandal initially involved a confrontation with another woman in Canucks management.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I haven't followed it much but it appears to be a substance abuse issue with Perry. The woman on woman scandal in Vancouver was on the news for awhile.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Chi-Minn Under 6 -107 - 60 Min. Regulation Line - 1 unit - pinny
Nash-Buff Under 6 -102 - 60 Min. Regulation Line - 1 unit - pinny

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
TB-Seattle Under 6 -121 - 60 Min.Regulation Line - 1 unit - betregal
TB-Seattle Under 1.5 +110 - 1st Period - 0.5 unit - betregal

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
NHL father son road trip games always leave me in a quandary.

I had Rangers last night (and lost) but was unaware at the time of my bet that Leaf fathers would attend.
Had I known Leaf fathers were a factor, I would have passed on the game.
Leafs had a great start building an early 3-1 lead and held off an attempted Ranger’s comeback.

It’s clearly an edge for the boys to bring their dads along for the experience but how much of an edge?

So last night the Pens had their dads in tow and they beat the Coyotes 4-2 at home to break out of a mini slump.
Pens are now travelling with their dads to play in Montreal tonight and Saturday in Toronto.
What will this mean for betting the games? Is the ‘dad factor’ baked into the prices already?
For me, I’m inclined to pass on these games. If anything I’d take the overs.

GL to all with your puck plays.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Friday December 15: Nashville Predators +151

Here is what I wrote up on the game:

Nashville +150ish**
**Might wanna get on this ASAP because this price has already started to come down and I do think it will be lower than this come faceoff**

On Friday, December 15, we get one of the all-time worst-ever scheduling spots I have ever seen in the multiple decades I have been wagering on sports. I have had this game "circled" in big red ink, for 2+ months.

On this day the Carolina Hurricanes host the Nashville Predators. I fully expect Nashville to KILL Carolina. Why do I say that?

Here is Carolina's December schedule leading up to the game - all of these games are on the ROAD. The number next to the city is how many air miles it was to get to the next game from the previous stop (So 1340 miles from Raleigh to Winnipeg).

4...........Winnipeg (1340)
6...........Edmonton (740)
7...........Calgary (153)
9...........Vancouver (428)
12.........Ottawa (2213........FYI: LAX to Raleigh is 2238 miles - pretty much the same distance as this flight)
14.........Detroit (440)

After the December 14 game the Canes then make the 950-ish mile trip, taking about 1:45 hours, back to Raleigh where they will HOST the Predators on December 15. Add it all up and the Hurricanes 11-day roadie will be about 6150 miles, although spread out over many days. To put that distance in mind that is not much more than flying nonstop between LAX and Vienna. Austria.

And one quick thing about the Detroit airport: In 2022, in late-June/early-July I spent a few weeks in the area between the Airport and Downtown Detroit. It is around 20 miles from Little Caesars Arena (where the Wings/Pistons play) to Romulus, Michigan - where the airport is. I know the Canes will be making this trip late at night, when traffic should be minimal, but it is still a decent commute. To put this distance in perspective - anyone who has ever flown out of the Denver Airport knows it is seemingly closer to Chicago than it is Downtown Denver. That commute is 24 miles so for anyone who has ever had the HELL of driving to the Denver airport from Downtown - you know what that drive is like. This one is very similar. I just don't see the Canes' players could get home and to bed before 2-3A. At the earliest.

Let's look at the Predators' December schedule leading up to the game:

7..........HOST Tampa Bay
9..........AT Toronto
10........AT Montreal
12........HOST Philly

After the December 12 game the Preds do not play again until this December 15 game at Carolina. As for the Preds their flight is about 450 miles or around an hour.

So we get the HOME team playing B2B after ending a 11-day, 6-game, 6000+ mile roadie and getting home at an ungodly time of the day/morning, against the ROAD team who had 2 full days off and got to Raleigh at a decent time, got a good night's rest, had a morning skate and will come in with fresh legs - something the home team will not. And while the Canes had some time off after their first 4 games - those first 4 games were all against Western Canadian teams - ending at the furthest spot away from Raleigh).

If the Canes get me - they get me. I tip my cap to them and congratulate them for winning a game in one of the most brutal scheduling spots I have ever seen. But this sure looks like a rather easy win for the Predators and probably at a "dog price." If the game is close keep an eye on the Preds in 3P in live betting. If the Preds are down a goal they should be at least +200 and probably closer to +250, or more.

Total on the game is 6. That means Canes TT should be about 3.5, but Under heavier juiced. I expect Saros (Raanta is playing Thursday for Canes so expect Kochetkov to be in net Friday for the Canes) to be in net for the Preds and he has won 5 straight and 9 of his last 10 starts so he should be up to the task and keep Carolina to no more than 3 goals - but again - not gonna lay big wood. If not heavily juiced I will be on Under 3.5 (Adding this: Both Saros and Kochetkov are sitting.......still doesn't change my thoughts on this game).

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Excellent write up Winky. Your analysis makes sense.

I’ve also read that the Canes cancelled their morning skate today.
Presumably because of the traveling and fatigue concerns.

I’m also a big scheduling handicapper.
First game back home after a lengthy road trip is typically a home loss regardless the price.
Married players are always given a “honey do” list while they’re unpacking their luggage.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Excellent write up Winky. Your analysis makes sense.

I’ve also read that the Canes cancelled their morning skate today.
Presumably because of the traveling and fatigue concerns.

I’m also a big scheduling handicapper.
First game back home after a lengthy road trip is typically a home loss regardless the price.
Married players are always given a “honey do” list while they’re unpacking their luggage.

That was expected

Yet the Preds price is now +155. DO! NOT! UNDERSTAND! IT!

blueline

EOG Master
I remember this being mentioned in the past ...stumbled upon this:

The Flames dads and mentors are joining the team for their two-game west coast road trip this weekend. Calgary plays the Arizona Coyotes at Mullett Arena on Thursday and the Las Vegas Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena on Saturday.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
I remember this being mentioned in the past ...stumbled upon this:

The Flames dads and mentors are joining the team for their two-game west coast road trip this weekend. Calgary plays the Arizona Coyotes at Mullett Arena on Thursday and the Las Vegas Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena on Saturday.
Flames legend Lanny McDonald attending in Phoenix tonight as a mentor.
Flames up 6-2 with 10 minutes remaining.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Player props like ‘shots on goal’ or goals, assists, and points are bets that you make when you are up.
If you’re low on funds , play totals or sides for lower variance.

Looking at Dallas, they’ve been scoring a lot lately. Both Dallas and the Preds are 7-3 to the over in their past 10.
Many of the Stars have been playing great of late.
These are my picks tonight (pinnacle)
Total O6.5 -107
Robertson O3.5 shots +121
Robertson O0.5 assists +138
Hintz O2.5 shots -115
Pavelski O2.5 shots +128
Good Luck with your plays.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Predators +125 (I got +135 last night)

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTAL scheduling spot for the Kings. Nashville should easily win

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Edmonton is a -630 fav over Chixago tonight. I’ve never seen a line like that in the middle of the season.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Edmonton is a -630 fav over Chixago tonight. I’ve never seen a line like that in the middle of the season.
Oilers on an epic win streak. Tonight would be 15 consecutive wins.
The record is 17 from Pittsburgh in 92-93 season.

Oilers on a mission to rewrite the history books.
The Oilers ML tonight has this key factor baked in.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Oilers on an epic win streak. Tonight would be 15 consecutive wins.
The record is 17 from Pittsburgh in 92-93 season.

Oilers on a mission to rewrite the history books.
The Oilers ML tonight has this key factor baked in.
Hawks also lost 18 road games in a row, got it from both sides.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
The Oilers (16 games) are 1 win away from tying the 1992-93 Penguins (17 games) for the longest winning streak in the regular season!
However, their next game isn't until February 6th when they will face the VGK in Vegas.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Game I like tonight is San Jose at Anaheim.
Reason is more the schedule and other non analytical factors.

Sharks are 22 points out of playoffs and worst record of a team in many years, San Jose is ready to flip on the “tank” switch after break.
Tonight is final game before big break. Bags already packed for tropical vacation. Who possibly can care about tonight?
Next game Feb 14th. Probably canceled practice today. Bar is already open.
Played last night vs. Seattle. Back to back games plus travel always a pain. 21 shots last night. League normal is about 30. Who cares right?

Best player Hertl is out. Couture still finding his legs 5 games back from injury. Just 6 SOG in 5 games for their captain.

Let’s get tonight over with. Play is Under 61 SOG -107 pinnacle.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
The Oilers (16 games) are 1 win away from tying the 1992-93 Penguins (17 games) for the longest winning streak in the regular season!
However, their next game isn't until February 6th when they will face the VGK in Vegas.
Quite the streak that just couldn't get to the record. I guess it's a race to the worst record this year. Looking forward to see what the trading deadline brings.

kane

EOG master
I'm not a hockey guy, but I'm thinking about fading Boston after their OT win last night against Edmonton, any thoughts or opinions are welcome

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm not a hockey guy, but I'm thinking about fading Boston after their OT win last night against Edmonton, any thoughts or opinions are welcome
I like it, price is dropping through so you better get in. Fading them in Vancouver Sat would be a good spot also.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Kane - the price is probably dropping as people will play against teams in a 3 games in 4 nights scenario when travel in involved in the last game.

kane

EOG master
Vladimir Tarasenko traded to the Panthers for a couple of picks, the best team in the league just got better

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Vladimir Tarasenko traded to the Panthers for a couple of picks, the best team in the league just got better
Several good points about this ‘playoffs rental’ Tarasenko.
He’s won a cup and he’s 32. Should be equipped with some leadership skills.
Decent offensively. Used to be a really effective sniper.
Stays out of the box. Has gotten some Byng votes 3 times.

Two things I especially like.
First, he’s a barrel shaped 228 lbs. I can recall in last years final, the Panthers were noticeably out-sized by Vegas D.
Secondly, Sens retain half of his $5 million salary.

Good pick up by FLA.