My heartbreaker at the WSOP

citytom

EOG Member
My heartbreaker was getting eliminated at 45 when the payout of $10,000 was to 42 places in a $1K WSOP event this year. I’m not saying it was on a bad beat! I felt like going up to the 30th floor of the RIO, and jumping out a closed window, onto a pile cactus! Want the story??? Can I tell it here?!!.
The table is playing tight as we are down to the bubble. I'm short stack, having about 2 1/2 times the blind in chips. I'm in early position and go all-in w/ KJ suited hoping to take the blinds. As I expected the table folds around to the blind, who is healthy with chips. He say, "If I don't call, the table will beat me up." and show his T2 off suit. The flop is three rags. The turn is a rag. The river is a 2. Son of a bitch! He won with a 2 2, and I went looking for the 30th floor of the RIO. Then I remembered I had another game the next day and saw a show instead.
Citytom

Last edited by a moderator:

citytom

EOG Member
I'm sorry to say that in the seven WSOP events I played in, I didn't make it to the money. I played good, and long......but failed to cash in.

I came pretty close in three tournaments, but no cigar.