Mountain West Baskets

Heim

EOG Master
A nice little conference...some big non conference wins but better than Pac-12 and ACC according to CBS Jon Rothstein!?

SDST had a dream run to the Final but usually one and done in the Dance.

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Aztecs made second round or greater in 2011,2013,2014,2015
And 2023. I went to Viejas yesterday for the Utah St v SDSU tilt- the place was rocking beyond any Pac12 arena save Az. ( who has Mtn west roots) So yeah with SDSU ,USU,NM and the Nevada Schools/ these are all basketball schools in a Great Hoop League that comps with any other. So Heim go south from OC check it out.

railbird

EOG Master
And 2023. I went to Viejas yesterday for the Utah St v SDSU tilt- the place was rocking beyond any Pac12 arena save Az. ( who has Mtn west roots) So yeah with SDSU ,USU,NM and the Nevada Schools/ these are all basketball schools in a Great Hoop League that comps with any other. So Heim go south from OC check it out.
7 dollar group sales tickets for jimmer and kawhi fetching 300, the year was 2011, best roi of the decade not counting bitcoin

Heim

EOG Master

They were impressive yesterday, especially on defense. Why unranked and favored over ranked Aggies.

Heim

EOG Master
The local paper guys that predict the order of finish in each conference are something to avoid every year.

In the MWC they had Utah State 9th in the conference.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
This AM ESPN's Lunardi has 6 MWC schools in the Big Dance.

SDSU 5 seed, Utah St, Colo St 7 seeds, Boise St 10 seed, and New Mexico, Nevada 11 seeds.

Heim

EOG Master
This AM ESPN's Lunardi has 6 MWC schools in the Big Dance.

SDSU 5 seed, Utah St, Colo St 7 seeds, Boise St 10 seed, and New Mexico, Nevada 11 seeds.

I'd be surprised if Utah St & Boise make the final cut. They're a cut below the other four based on what I've seen.

parlaynow

EOG Dedicated
A nice little conference...some big non conference wins but better than Pac-12 and ACC according to CBS Jon Rothstein!?

SDST had a dream run to the Final but usually one and done in the Dance.
John Roth Stein lol, I remember he got blistered by Bob Knight in a interview, but he's not the last one though

Heim

EOG Master
San Diego State's defense is elite. Help side defense is always there give up nothing easy. However, how far can they go with a 6' 9" inside guy and suspect three point shooting?

Heim

EOG Master
Utah St is the #22 team in the nation!? They would have problems beating St. Bonnie or George Mason...

Prayer answered in reg for OT win at Fresno.

brokerstip

EOG Addicted
wow.....what an ending with Nevada/Colorado St. Lucas misses 2 FTs at 90% and then banks in a half court buzzer beater

Heim

EOG Master
They're saying possibly 7 go depending how Vegas does in Conf Tourney. Geez this conference has come a long way.

Heim

EOG Master
Utah St.Great Osobor was the MWC player of the year!? He's not even the best player on the team. Darius Brown is.

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Utah St.Great Osobor was the MWC player of the year!? He's not even the best player on the team. Darius Brown is.

Decent league due to there being a lot of old dudes that aren’t ready for foreign leagues. Not a draft pick in the league but lots of good coaches including the Krueger kid. Rebels could win the NIT.

Heim

EOG Master
Decent league due to there being a lot of old dudes that aren’t ready for foreign leagues. Not a draft pick in the league but lots of good coaches including the Krueger kid. Rebels could win the NIT.

I never thought about the next level, but you're right. Maybe Vegas LeDee, Nevada's Blackshear, and Fresno has a really good guard, Hill. Big maybe on all three.

On a related note, still don't get how Utah St won the MWC. They're not that good.

Last edited: