MLB- WINTER MEETING NEWS & RUMORS

Re: MLB- WINTER MEETING NEWS & RUMORS

A Yankees executive said Monday that there is "traction" to trade talks involving Tigers center fielder Curtis Granderson.
The only hold-up comes from the Yankees end, where they're weighing whether they want to trade off prospects like outfielder Austin Jackson and left-hander Mike Dunn. Granderson, 28, batted .249/.327/.453 with 30 home runs, 71 RBI and 20 stolen bases in 2009 and would fit in well with the Yanks, but GM Brian Cashman is understandably having a hard time parting with potential future stars.

Relationships matter in complicated deals and Cashman (#Yankees), Dombrowski (#Tigers), Byrnes (#Dbacks) have good working relationship

Hearing Cardinals, Giants, Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Twins all in on Mark DeRosa.

Looks like deal is close to happening. D-backs give up Schlereth and Scherzer and get Kennedy and Edwin Jackson. #dbacks #mlb

Integrity

EOG Master

Integ you go to any braves game in the ATL?

nah, im in arizona...

only a braves fan cuz i grew up watching them on tbs before the dbacks came into existence

but, when az got an expansion team, i quit my job to go see the braves play in person ( i was a teen working at a store and couldnt get off )...

would love to go to atl to see them in their stadium tho

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

Last week ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick reported that the Philadelphia Phillies had experessed interest in right-hander J.J. Putz, and now Crasnick tweets that the Chicago Cubs are taking a look.

"He recently long tossed for some teams in Arizona," Crasnick tweeted.

Putz, 32, saved 40 games for Seattle in 2007. The Mets hoped he would provide shutdown eighth-inning work in front of [URL="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5357"]Francisco Rodriguez[/URL] last season, but Putz lasted only 29 1/3 innings before undergoing season-ending elbow surgery in June.
Although Putz still has to show he's healthy, he's attracted a lot of early attention because he's willing to sign a one-year, incentive-laden deal to re-establish himself as a dominant back-end pitcher. Pittsburgh and Houston have also inquired on Putz, and Detroit, Tampa Bay and Texas are teams that could emerge as fits as the winter progresses.

Revised 3-way prop - Tigers get 2 players from Yankees instead of 3. One of lefties likely out.

breaking news

Diamondbacks and Tigers waiting on Yankees to sign off on 3-way deal. Answer expected by 2 pm Eastern

for tegs

Braves designated outfielder Ryan Church for assignment.
Perhaps an indication that the Braves are hard up for cash? Church, 31, batted .260/.347/.402 with two home runs and 18 RBI in 127 at-bats after being acquired from the Mets in July, but it wasn't enough to convince Frank Wren to tender him another contract. Church has a .787 career OPS, hammers righty pitching and is an excellent defensive outfielder, so he'll have no shortage of offers coming his way.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I dont want to give up austin jackson, this granderson better be good, if we're giving up AJ.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Grander, Jeter, Tex, Alex? Is that the top of the Yanks lineup if things happen they way they're looking?

From Buster Olney: Source with knowledge of negotiations says Granderson deal is close to being completed.

Integrity

EOG Master

for tegs

Braves designated outfielder Ryan Church for assignment.
Perhaps an indication that the Braves are hard up for cash? Church, 31, batted .260/.347/.402 with two home runs and 18 RBI in 127 at-bats after being acquired from the Mets in July, but it wasn't enough to convince Frank Wren to tender him another contract. Church has a .787 career OPS, hammers righty pitching and is an excellent defensive outfielder, so he'll have no shortage of offers coming his way.

thanks bud!

church is so-so but i want an upgrade!

yanks to get granderson, e. jackson, i. kennedy to dbacks, scherzer, schlereth, a. jax, coke to tigers.

NY-Ari-Det trade real enough that scouts are talking about how good Granderson will be in Yankee Stadium...

Integrity

EOG Master

loving the play by play of this deal

good deal for dbacks too

i think jackson and kennedy gonna be really good in the desert

Kennedy is cursed

but a strike thrower in the NL and that ball park should be solid

Granderson's agent says his client is feeling anxious. "He sees ESPN and the rest of the media stuff too."

Integrity

EOG Master

MLBRumorCentral:
At least six teams are interested in Coco Crisp and he could earn a deal in the $3M to $4M range for 2010..http://bit.ly/7pt4Sz

not sure if anyone comment on coco, but id take him for the braves for some speed

Integrity

EOG Master

holliday a red sox?
GordonEdes:
Sox and Scott Boras talking on "numerous" subjects, according to a baseball source. Matt Holliday is presumably at the top that list.

Yankee execs think deal will get done, but not be finalized today because minor details, mainly medicals, take time, must be worked thru