LIV Golf

mr merlin

EOG Master
NAPLES, Fla. — Tony Finau had two chances Friday to dispel rumors he could be next to leave the PGA Tour and join LIV Golf, and declined both times.

When first asked about reports he could follow Jon Rahm to the Saudi-financed league, Finau said: “I have nothing to say right now. I haven’t heard anything.”

He was asked again minutes later if he had any response to his name floating around.

“No, not yet,” he said. “I haven’t let anything marinate other than just playing right now.”

mr merlin

EOG Master
Apparently both hatton and Finau are real good friends with Rahm - fianu and Jon actually practice together every week, they're almost a guarantee.

Cantalay is back on the rumor mill as is schauffly.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
howid do you even accurately rank players with the LIV format? Not compatible with regular tournaments. Whole thing is blown up.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
NCAA is a catastrophe with NIL, conference realignment, portal, playoff, etc. But at least it is still football as we know it. Golf will not be golf as we know it and it is going to happen next year.

mr merlin

EOG Master
you must be smoking something
No it's designed to be a 15 min city, where "everything you need" is easily available and nearby. Sounds good until you realize the objective is to imprison the residents in those confined spaces and limit severly movement beyond or outside.

something like 100 miles long 1500 ft high and a couple hundred yards wide.

Bushay

NHL Expert
When asked if he was interested in announcing for LIV, Verne Lundquist replied “It’s like Old Tom Morris once said to me at St. Andrews: ‘Fuck the Saudis.’”
GA3PL6KWcAADCiH.jpeg

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I have no problem with the PGA getting put down. I predicted there would be an omg sports organization bankruptcy. Made the WTA or WNBA beaver chalk but PGA would be sweet.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Vern ludquist, what is he 80-85? pretty easy to talk tough when you've got zero chance at a job.

If you watch a LIV broadcast it's like old school pga guys, ferehty, the rules guy slugger white, a couple more. they were offered huge money and it's really a part time job - 14 weeks a year, short weeks and they get treated great. Far better than grinding it out 30 tournaments a year with a lot of them being crap events.

That's work, LIV is a hobby.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Brooks keopka had nothing but trouble with mathew wolff last year, he was traded for taylor gooch yesterday. Seems a little lopsided.

1702097048007.png

mr merlin

EOG Master
Rahm has a pretty good life, this is from a birthday a month ago - JJ watt on the left, michael Phelps on the right.

MrTop

EOG Master
No it's designed to be a 15 min city, where "everything you need" is easily available and nearby. Sounds good until you realize the objective is to imprison the residents in those confined spaces and limit severly movement beyond or outside.

something like 100 miles long 1500 ft high and a couple hundred yards wide.

i thought it was for visitors ?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Important, relevant question. Aren't these new additions breaking the tournament caps? Something's gotta give. Team plus shotgun format and # of tournaments, they are going to have to relegate some of their current bums or expand in fundamental ways.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Shotgun would be the first to go. Regular staggered tee times. Then you can do PGA type fields. Plenty of spots available.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
What we are not being told is the mad rush of players wanting in LIV. If you are not a star, you are sol. Norman is choosing from the top prices of the PGA menu. No Swinging Johnson salads.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Whether intentional or ironic, Rahm got revenge for the PGA stealing a trophy from him when they walked him off the 18th like a criminal on Saturday of a tournament he was leading.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Aside from a handful of top assholes:

Rory
Tiger
Scottie
Special

LIV can have pretty much whoever they want and the above ain't all that. Tiger not even active. Scottie and Special have no personality. Rory is literally an asshole and he hasn't won a major in over 10 years. Fuck you, Rory.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Important, relevant question. Aren't these new additions breaking the tournament caps? Something's gotta give. Team plus shotgun format and # of tournaments, they are going to have to relegate some of their current bums or expand in fundamental ways.
Currently there are 12 teams of 4 players each - 48 total. they go off in 16 threesomes but 2 groups go off of #1 to make the leaders more likely to finish on 18.

So right now there is room for at least 2 more thrresomes - 18 groups of 3 teeing off, they would have to scrap the 2 off of 1 deal.

That would be 54 players but if you have 4 man teams the math doesn't work - only 13 teams of 4 plus 2 more. I have heard they said they can add 2 more teams easy for 56 players total. In order to do that they might have a couple 4 somes go off or just scrap the shotgun start - they could go off of both 9;s and still shorten the day.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Right now with rahm , finau and hatten plus 1 more player everythings perfect - 13 teams. the question is there another big name to jump which would mean they'd add a 14th team?