John Calipari

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Sources say that John Calipari is preparing to bolt Kentucky and will finalize a 5 year deal to become the University of Arkansas Razorbacks College Basketball Head Coach, staying in the SEC conference.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Sources say that John Calipari is preparing to bolt Kentucky and will finalize a 5 year deal to become the University of Arkansas Razorbacks College Basketball Head Coach, staying in the SEC conference.

Addition by subtraction for Kentucky.

Kentucky is far better off without him and Arkansas will soon see why Kentucky was very happy to see him taken away.

Musselman >>>>>>>>>>>>> Calipari

Heim

EOG Master
Geez, the SMU vacancy started a tsunami. 🌊

I haven't read anything but I'd be shocked if UK doesn't reach out to Oats at Bama.

Heim

EOG Master
Calipari can coach but he needs to learn something from the St. Peters and Oakland losses. You can't just stick 5 stars at every position and win. These guys aren't going to accept lesser roles on the court.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Nobody could have foreseen this chain of events when SMU fired Rob Lanier after just two seasons, leading to the Mustangs poaching Andy Enfield from USC and Musselman departing Arkansas for the Trojans' vacancy. Arkansas took a couple of early swings at Ole Miss' Chris Beard and Kansas State's Jerome Tang, but both coaches turned down the Razorbacks and returned to their respective schools.

Calipari no longer had full control in Lexington. Rather than give Kentucky's brass another year to decide if they wanted to keep him, Calipari did what some coaches do in this scenario: He left. Gutsy move, but at the same time I can't blame him. It had felt like Calipari and Kentucky had been living under the same roof but were no longer together. Calipari just made it official Sunday night.

Heim

EOG Master
UK probably had a big sigh of relief contemplating firing him in the future and paying a huge buyout.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
That just tells me Calipari is a better recruiter….what has Musselman won?

If you switched coaches - let Musselman coach Cal's players and let Cal coach Muss' players...........Muss woulda TORCHED Cal. Keep them on their same team Musselman could compete with Cal.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Does Kentucky throw a bag at billy donovan?
He's making 6m a year with the bulls now. Kentucky easily tops that

Wonder if the college grind is more than the NBA grind?

Does 9-10m get him back in college? He was able to recruit NBA players AND win with them.

Something Cal can't

Throw in some nice final 4 and championship incentives and maybe it starts to look good

His deal with the bulls ends in 2024

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Calipari was possibly the best recruiter before and with NIL. Think about all the players & teams he put together at U Mass, Memphis & Kentucky. Too bad most of it was by funneling illegal money to players and their families.

Heim

EOG Master
It's all about getting players. There's a ton of stuff on YouTube showing same methodology in practice for every program.

None of these guys are re-inventing the wheel.

I'd love to see the graduation rates for Musselman and Calipari. Musselman turned Nevada around. He got the players, I heard most dropped out of school after the season and became eligible in the summer. How did he get the Martin twins? They were good enough to transfer anywhere. One is still in the NBA.

It's easier now, they just launder the money thru NIL.

boston massacre

EOG Master
It's all about getting players. There's a ton of stuff on YouTube showing same methodology in practice for every program.

I'd love to see the graduation rates for Musselman and Calipari. Musselman turned Nevada around. He got the players, I heard most dropped out of school after the season and became eligible in the summer. How did he get the Martin twins? They were good enough to transfer anywhere. One is still in the NBA.

Do Any of These College Athletes Actually Sit In a Classroom And Listen To College Professors ?

boston massacre

EOG Master

How About If You Are A 1 and Done And An Expected Lottery Pick ?

In That 1 Year, Do You Actually Open Any Books , Or Listen To Any Professors ?

How About Submitting A Term Paper ?

Have You Ever Heard Of Any Of These College Athletes Actually Flunking Out Of School ?

Heim

EOG Master
Kentucky basketball has always cheated. Many moons ago a Fed Ex envelope broke open revealing 10k addressed to a 5 star recruits dad out of LA from a UK booster.

Murphy makes a good point, the elite programs that had a protocol in place to funnel money don't like NIL, it levels the playing field. 'K' hates it, what a surprise.