JJ & hitman show up on forum tonight same time

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Coincidence? Trojans excel after BCS snub

Coincidence? Trojans excel after BCS snub

USC tried real hard Saturday to sell the team's lowered Bowl Championship Series standing as a non-issue. The Trojans' play on the field suggested otherwise.

Days after the computer knocked it from the BCS' top spot, USC celebrated homecoming by ripping Washington State 55-13 for its 30th straight victory in front of 92,021 at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

The Trojans, ranked No. 1 in the Associated Press, coaches, and Harris polls but No. 2 --- percentage points behind Texas ---- in the BCS rankings, turned in their most thorough domination of an opponent since a 70-17 pasting of Arkansas on Sept. 17. They appeared crisp and motivated in their return home following a stretch of four road games in five weeks.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=photo align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>"In all honesty, we really don't worry about the BCS," said quarterback Matt Leinart, who completed 24 of 34 passes for 364 yards, 200 of which went to receiver Dwayne Jarrett on 11 catches. "You care about it with one or two games left, but not at this point of the season."

The top two ranked teams in the BCS meet in the Rose Bowl for the national championship on Jan. 4.

"(The BCS) has nothing to do with it," Trojans coach Pete Carroll said. "We just try to win games."

And win they have done, as the Trojans (8-0, 5-0 Pac-10) upped their nation-high winning streak while also winning their 20th straight in the Pac-10 and 24th consecutive at home. And unlike previous victories over Oregon, Notre Dame and Arizona State, they didn't have to rally furiously for this one.

USC scored four times in the first quarter and led 38-6 at halftime. The Trojans then turned things over to junior tailback LenDale White, who tore through gaping holes in the WSU defense en route to a 155-yard, two-touchdown day.

"Can we get him on a Heisman list?," Leinart, a Heisman candidate himself, playfully asked afterward.

A shootout was expected, but never materialized. The much-maligned USC secondary held Cougars receiver Jason Hill, ranked second in the nation in yards per game, to 49 yards on six catches.

"They're definitely the No. 1 team," Hill said. "The best I've faced."

Said USC safety Darnell Bing: "I'd say this was our best performance. We were breaking up passes and getting all over them."

The Trojans were all over them from the very start.

Leinart connected on 14 of his first 18 passes, six of which went to Jarrett, who had 114 receiving yards in the first quarter alone.

The two started the scoring with 11:05 left in the opening quarter when Leinart found Jarrett wide open on a post pattern for a 29-yard touchdown.

The Cougars did answer, and rather quickly, as standout senior back Jerome Harrison capped a six-play, 81-yard drive with a 13-yard touchdown on a draw. USC's Lawrence Jackson blocked the kick to hold the score at 7-6.

USC answered with another scoring drive, needing Winston Justice to recover Reggie Bush's fumble in the end zone for a 14-6 lead.

Three plays later, any realistic hope of a Washington State upset was snuffed.

On first-and-10 from the Cougars' 37-yard-line, Jackson, a defensive end, knocked the ball away from Harrison and then recovered, giving USC the ball at the Cougars 29. Moments later, Leinart found Steve Smith for the first of his two touchdown catches, a 15-yarder. He scored another, this time from 24 yards out with 43 seconds left in the quarter, and the rout was on.

"There was shock as much as anything," Cougars coach Bill Doba said of the opening quarter. "I thought we would compete better than that."

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/10/30/sports/college/12_37_2310_29_05.txt

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Layoff the CSI, Cold Case, and Law and Order shows. I can't believe you are letting Glacker pull your chain like this.

General I swear Glacker is the biggest clown I have ever witnessed on a forum. He still boast about being a Pro tennis player which has never been confirmed. If Glacker was ever a CIA agent we woud all be in trouble as this guy has no clue.

A typical banged up gambler that has not been laid in 10 years and takes his frustrations out here.

jjgold said:
General I swear Glacker is the biggest clown I have ever witnessed on a forum. He still boast about being a Pro tennis player which has never been confirmed. If Glacker was ever a CIA agent we woud all be in trouble as this guy has no clue.

A typical banged up gambler that has not been laid in 10 years and takes his frustrations out here.

Thats a great idea for a TV show ... Glacker working for the CIA and being a Hitman while traveling the world as a Tennis Pro .....

Sam Odom can be my coach ....

KingofTheHill

EOG Enthusiast
Glaken said:
Thats a great idea for a TV show ... Glacker working for the CIA and being a Hitman while traveling the world as a Tennis Pro .....

Sam Odom can be my coach ....

I think that was an episode of Dharma and Gregg. Seriously.

parkcityrep said:
gLAKEN HAS HAD A TOUGH TIME GETTING BY IN LIFE. LETS BE EASY ON HIM

Thanks Park .... Its been alot tougher since I met JJ and Sam Odom .... but I am staying the course ... :+waving-5

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Why dont you hire him he could get to the bottom of it[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
Lt. Columbo[/FONT]

[/FONT]​

Hitman26

EOG Veteran
Sober Leprechaun said:
how many fingers and toes would there be if jj, hitman, and parkcityrep were all in the same room.

if it was teeth, i'd guess 17.

Buffalo PK tonight, Son