How many people call in their bets?

X

xpanda

I've never once spoken to a clerk to place a bet. I've always prefered the online method.

What is the advantage to calling in your bets instead?

Cozen

EOG Enthusiast
I never used to call until the last year or so. Now I call all the time as I can get a different # over the phone alot of times. Especially halftime lines.

stump

EOG Veteran
i frequently call in my bets, especially at Bowmans and Canbet where the clerks speak English very well. Sometimes I do get a better line at Bowmans by phone.

Also, for daygames while at work its the only way to get my bet in. :+thumbs-2

But i won't ever call in a wager to WWTS or CRIS, it is just impossible to understand their clerks

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
A few books banned me from internet. So the advantage is I can still bet there. Just over the phone. Should have been around before internet, when all you did was call in, get rundowns, write lines, then callback for changes. Give you a much better appreciation for what we have today.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

Wise Guy

EOG Addicted
Why call (instead of internet)?

Why call (instead of internet)?

Before internet books, the telephone was the only way. And in Vegas, a real person answered the phone. The rundown, the wagers, everything, done by a real person and you could bet almost unlimited cash. Now, all Nevada phone accounts are answered by a computer. And it's just a pain. The limits are low for anyone who bets serious money. And Vegas books shut off the phone wagering in the evening and other times when you might want to wager.

Offshore, some books (I believe Bodog does this) put a fairly restrictive cap on what you can get down over the internet. However, if you call, they will frequently be more flexible about limits. And that sometimes applies to my plays because I'm doing the opposite of what their squares are betting.

Thank you

Calling in bets is actually almost as quick as the net. I only call in very large wagers that are not accepted on net. Some stores have better clerks than others and speak more clear.

It still feels like gambling when you call in bets rather than place them on the net.

A real feel