Has MLB "Fired" THe Yankees from being able to acquire top players?

Integrity

EOG Master
Re: Has MLB "Fired" THe Yankees from being able to acquire top players?

The Twins have a long ways to go, as Cleveland/KC are getting so much better in the Central. Perhaps the Twins will be doormats for a few years while their kids grow.

And yea, FK is a spoiled fan. But, he's EOG's MVP, so he's got a right to act like a spoiled, ego centric athlete would! :LMAO:LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The Twins have a long ways to go, as Cleveland/KC are getting so much better in the Central. Perhaps the Twins will be doormats for a few years while their kids grow.

And yea, FK is a spoiled fan. But, he's EOG's MVP, so he's got a right to act like a spoiled, ego centric athlete would! :LMAO:LMAO

I wanna win! I DEMAND to WIN.

I want to add to my ring collection. :houra

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Flamingo-

You're one of my favorite posters, but you lost me on this one.

You're sounding part spoiled rich kid, like the kid from "The Toy" who insist on having Richard Pryor's character as your very own toy. Even that kid realized in the end that you can't buy everything
you see. And part 'way out there guy' conspiracy theorist. *I'm a Twins fan, however, I appreciate
and watch a lot of coverage/games on YES.*

Did you ever think that George has passed, his sons may have switched from 'a win at all cost'
mantra to a 'let's win while keeping an eye on the bottom line.'

I know you're the Yankees, but at some point you need to start replenishing and developing your
farm system.

Good post- and SPOILED is spot on. Honestly FK- who do you want to sign? There's no doubt that you will get Wilson. So let's take a look at this:

Tex at 1st for 23 mil, Cano at 2nd for 14 mil, Jeter at SS for 17 mil, Aroid at 3rd for 30 mil, Grandy in CF for 10 mil, Swisher in RF for 10 mil, Burnett at P for 16 mil, CC at P 23 mil, Mariano at Closer for 15 mil, Soriano at setup man for 11 mil, and a young catcher and LF.

So- my question- assuming you get Wilson as your #3, b cuz you will give him 15 mil a year, who do you want to sign, and where would you put them?

Next question- who do you wannu trade, and who would take any of those god awful contracts?

Herbie

EOG Addicted

Tex at 1st for 23 mil, Cano at 2nd for 14 mil, Jeter at SS for 17 mil, Aroid at 3rd for 30 mil, Grandy in CF for 10 mil, Swisher in RF for 10 mil, Burnett at P for 16 mil, CC at P 23 mil, Mariano at Closer for 15 mil, Soriano at setup man for 11 mil, and a young catcher and LF.

So- my question- assuming you get Wilson as your #3, b cuz you will give him 15 mil a year, who do you want to sign, and where would you put them?

Next question- who do you wannu trade, and who would take any of those god awful contracts?

This makes alot more sense then larger conspiracy by the baseball as a whole to prevent the yankees from being able to orchestrate a trade...

Good post- and SPOILED is spot on. Honestly FK- who do you want to sign? There's no doubt that you will get Wilson. So let's take a look at this:

Obviously a couple more closers if we can get a deal for 12 mill a year a piece and a reliable catcher incase the young ones go down or struggle. Not asking much maybe 16-17 mill a year for a backup catcher. Almost forgot girardi is doing a decent job lock him up at 10 mill a year so we dont lose him :LMAO

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

This makes alot more sense then larger conspiracy by the baseball as a whole to prevent the yankees from being able to orchestrate a trade...

My question for FK is- you have a 220 million payroll and a 15-20 million dollar player locked up at almost every position. Who do you want on that team now????? Second question- who do you want the Yankees to trade, or to trade for???? Do u want some team to take one of those contracts, or do you wannu trade 2 Double A players for a stud OF, so you can pay him 15-20 million. Which is it? What will make you happy?

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Problem is when the Yankees tried to charge single game ticket prices to match that of an All Star Game the Bronx fans were not so faithful.

J

joeybagadonuts

Excellent post.

12io4j2w90

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

First of all, i don't want Wilson.

Second of all, i don't want to win any more or less than the next sports fan. We all want to win and we all want our teams to get as many good players as possible....i'm no different than any other fan out there in that regard.

My original point was that teams are 'colluding' against the Yanks. Is that what you baseball fans want? Do you want to win that way? I know you don't. I know you want to win fair and square. Why does the Seattle GM trade Cliff Lee to Texas for Justin Smoak instead of Montero? Cmon, the Yanks had a 'deal' with these guys and their word was as good as 'good as oak' and yet, it wasnt.

When it comes to trading for Felix Hernandez, there's 'no price' where he's available. None. No trade. Oh, except if its to another team, than he's available. Whatever happened to the day when teams were 5,000 games under .500 at the trade deadline and they would deal these huge contracts away? That doesnt happen anymore....unless its another team looking for a player. Those guys can trade Erik Bedard for a ham sandwich, but if WE want a player, oh no, can't have anyone. Cmon now, you don't think this is 'backroom' situation to NOT trade with the Yankees?

J

joeybagadonuts

FK, personally I think you are a bit tin foil hat sorta insane, as you well know. I would like to know, however, does the media in NY perpetuate the types of conspiracy theories you talk about involving the Yanks?

(I know you don't like in or near NY, but figure you might read the NY area newspapers/websites)

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

FK, personally I think you are a bit tin foil hat sorta insane, as you well know. I would like to know, however, does the media in NY perpetuate the types of conspiracy theories you talk about involving the Yanks?

(I know you don't like in or near NY, but figure you might read the NY area newspapers/websites)

They're not going to talk about stuff like this because they want to keep their jobs. At any rate, there must be some reason that nobody trades to the Yanks (other than collusion). Care to give it a shot?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You don't think the Yanks wanted Sanchez from SF? They traded him for Melky Cabrera instead.

J

joeybagadonuts

They're not going to talk about stuff like this because they want to keep their jobs. At any rate, there must be some reason that nobody trades to the Yanks (other than collusion). Care to give it a shot?

Well given that I have a strange urge to argue about sports related shit today, sure.

1. I think its pretty clear to me and most players that playing in NY is difficult and there is a ton of pressure to preform bc they pay more than anyone else, not to mention you are right in the vortex of the world being in NY. Some guys don't want/need that pressure day in and day out.

2. I haven't seen much team chemistry in NY the last few years. Too many stars in one place does NOT equate to championships in sports. (see Eagles, Miami Heat, Phil's, oh and the Yanks)

3. Lots of people do not want to live in or near NY, believe it or not. I don't really get that since I love it out there, but I can see certain personality types not wanting to live in the big city.

4. NY front office isn't the most easy to deal with and remember its the AGENTS that make a lot of these deals happen or not, not the players themselves.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Well given that I have a strange urge to argue about sports related shit today, sure.

1. I think its pretty clear to me and most players that playing in NY is difficult and there is a ton of pressure to preform bc they pay more than anyone else, not to mention you are right in the vortex of the world being in NY. Some guys don't want/need that pressure day in and day out.

2. I haven't seen much team chemistry in NY the last few years. Too many stars in one place does NOT equate to championships in sports. (see Eagles, Miami Heat, Phil's, oh and the Yanks)

3. Lots of people do not want to live in or near NY, believe it or not. I don't really get that since I love it out there, but I can see certain personality types not wanting to live in the big city.

4. NY front office isn't the most easy to deal with and remember its the AGENTS that make a lot of these deals happen or not, not the players themselves.

I think the Yanks had chemistry in 2009 but then the chemistry went away because they won. Part of their chem was not having won in almost a decade and there were a few guys on there who were titleless (like alex) but i agree, their chemistry isnt as good as it was 2 years ago. I think the same is true for Philly. They had chemistry, but when they won the WS, it wasnt as good in the following years....just like the Yanks.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Money isn't everything. Players, like Lee, who have made a lot of it probably realize this.

Lee didn't sign for much less. I'm sure he'll get his vesting option in 2016, and contract will be 6 years at 135 million. Yanks offered 6 years at 132 million with a 16 million dollar vesting option for the 7th year. Not much of a difference, and if Lee does pitch that 7th year for someone, I'm sure he will make some decent money. I love when they say he's not about the money and he signed for much less, couldn't be farther from the truth.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Funny how if i read all the MLB trade and free agent rumors, i dont hear anything about the Yanks. Almost like they don't even exist. Oh, wait, the Hanks resigned Freddie Garcia. WOOHOO!

Seems like the marlins are going to spend 400 million and the Yanks are going to spend 0.

Like Donald Trump might say, "YOURE FIRED"

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Wait until the winter is over. Cashman has gotten very stealthy at getting guys. (see Teixiera)

HEHEHEHE....this is the dumbest thread ever started:LMAO

We are all now dumber for having read it!!:LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

HEHEHEHE....this is the dumbest thread ever started:LMAO

We are all now dumber for having read it!!:LMAO

HEY HEY HEY....you're not allowed to quote a Billy Madison movie without a video!

Cmon now Jer!

:LMAO

Integrity

EOG Master

I don't see the Yanks making moves at the WM, FK..

Maybe they really were 'fired' :LMAO:LMAO

Integrity

EOG Master

Danks can't go the the Yanks cuz the MLB said :nono

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The Yanks will be able to get a few 'fringe' players, but they're fired from making a big 'splash' with a player who actually matters.

eberetta1

EOG Addicted

Glad to see the Yankees dynasty closing shop. I drive by Tampa stadium, and there are way too many Yankee banners proudly waving. If the Yankees were in the NFL, then the crap teams would have the best picks in the draft and it would create so much parity, that baseball would not be worth betting.

Integrity

EOG Master

Yanks: MLB can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssee sign a big star?
MLB: No Yankees, you guys win too many games. Need to spread the wealth.
Yanks: But we're good for baseball, just ask FlamingoKid.
MLB: Donald Trump
Yanks: What?
MLB: That means, 'you're fired'

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Glad to see the Yankees dynasty closing shop. I drive by Tampa stadium, and there are way too many Yankee banners proudly waving. If the Yankees were in the NFL, then the crap teams would have the best picks in the draft and it would create so much parity, that baseball would not be worth betting.

:blah

J

joeybagadonuts

Yanks: MLB can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssee sign a big star?
MLB: No Yankees, you guys win too many games. Need to spread the wealth.
Yanks: But we're good for baseball, just ask FlamingoKid.
MLB: Donald Trump
Yanks: What?
MLB: That means, 'you're fired'

No way, tegs. it isn't the mlb according to FK. All of the teams are individually colluding behind the scenes with one another with the assistance of the Illuminati, the reptilians, aliens, the easter bunny, and god to hold down the yanks!!!

DUH, how could you not see it when they have at least 2 positions where they aren;t even paying some second rate scrub 10mm+ a year!!! Wake up, pal! How do you expect them to even compete????!!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

No way, tegs. it isn't the mlb according to FK. All of the teams are colluding behind the scenes with the help of the Illuminati, the reptilians, aliens, and god to hold down the yanks!!!

DUH, how could you not see it when they have at least 2 positions where they aren;t even paying some second rate scrub 10mm+ a year!!! Wake up, pal! How do you expect them to even compete????!!

That's all well and good Joseph, but here's my point.

What have the Yanks done, free agentwise, in the last year or so? I understand that they have a lot of great and high priced players at almost every position, but what have they done recently?

What have they done for us lately? They made 'no attempt' to upgrade last year at the trade deadline and so far this offseason, not a peep out of them.

Hopefully this 'ban' will be lifted at some point.

Integrity

EOG Master

No way, tegs. it isn't the mlb according to FK. All of the teams are individually colluding behind the scenes with one another with the assistance of the Illuminati, the reptilians, aliens, the easter bunny, and god to hold down the yanks!!!

HAHAHAHA i soooo LOL'ed

it appears there isn't a New Yankee Order after all :LMAO

J

joeybagadonuts

Nope, just the 'higher powers' pulling strings behind the scenes to hurt one specific team.

http://yanksgoyard.com/2011/12/05/is-curbing-spending-enough-for-mlb/

Sorry pal, that article doesn't really help your point, imo.

They are saying that the yanks might cut down around 17mm over the next 2 years bc of the increase in luxury tax. Big fucking deal. They will still have the highest payroll. It will still be 3-6x as much as the small market teams, and 2x as much as many big market teams.

Not to mention, that article is from some dumb yanks fan site. LOL. Really a solid source!

:doh1

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

What a joke. Shame on the baseball powers that be. Now I assume the Yankees will have one of the smallest payrolls in baseball since they can't spend on free agents. 2348ji23e

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Can someone answer me a question.

Are the Yankees still part of the MLB? I've been hearing about signings, trades and 'action' over the last year or two and i havent heard their name mentioned at all.

Are they still in the league or have they been contracted?:doh1

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Are the Yankees still part of the MLB? I've been hearing about signings, trades and 'action' over the last year or two and i havent heard their name mentioned at all.

Read joeybagadonuts post- sums it up pretty well.

Integrity

EOG Master

yea, didnt you hear, part of the new cba prohibited the yanks from making moves and set up a process of contraction

but hey, there's 27 memories for you!! :LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

yea, didnt you hear, part of the new cba prohibited the yanks from making moves and set up a process of contraction

but hey, there's 27 memories for you!! :LMAO

That's what i thought Teggers, i'm going to have to stop at 27 and just 'remember the good times'

2348ji23e

Integrity

EOG Master

Dude, they STILL haven't made a big move.

Something is up.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Dude, they STILL haven't made a big move.

Something is up.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I guess the Yanks were probably not interested in Gio Gonzalez....after all, why would the Yanks want a young lefty starter with upside?