DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MODS ENTERING OUR FREE CONTESTS?

kidslick

EOG Dedicated
Re: DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MODS ENTERING OUR FREE CONTESTS?

No idea what the point of this disjointed post is towards me, but I assure you, i'm not getting into this, or any other, contest. That might not have been your point. If that's the case, I apologize.

Whatever it is you have on your mind, 'mods' playing in free contests almost always have some problems by the end of it. Then you get the, uhhh, shady paid posters like Raiders and Jman? The odds of controversy go up enormously.

And yes- anytime you feel like you're starting to sound like POS69, you need to slowly step away from your handgun and sleep it off.

kosar that post was meant in general for the posters who enter the contests.

I am not stirring the pot

12io4j2w90

No offense to the MODS, but should you REALLY be voting in this thread?:+textinb3

A real shocker that Bondie thinks Mods should be allowed to play.

(roll eyes)

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

mods or not mods! its not like they are any better

then others on this post! or its not like if they play they will win!

anyone can play if they are pros! then people should start to learn

how to cahse thier plays if they stay hot!

mods or not mods! its not like they are any better

then others on this post! or its not like if they play they will win!

anyone can play if they are pros! then people should start to learn

how to cahse thier plays if they stay hot!

Noone said they were better, they just have access to cheat.

Not to mention it will cause problems GUARANTEED so why fk with it?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I have no problem with any mod entering a contest. But if they win, they should be DQ'd by being employed here.

The number one rule in any contest almost anywhere is employees and/or relatives of employees of the company running the contest are ineligible. Or not eligible to win prizes. Plus it can create a huge can of worms having employees grading contests they can win. I like the mods here a lot, and don't even play in these contests, so it ain't like I am trying to make it better for me.

Entering and playing along is fine. Winning the prize, not a great idea.

OF...oij213490

Finally time for me to weigh in here...

I choose not to play in the contests. I have seen too many instances of contest rulings between posters go sideways. Throw a moderator into a contest dispute and it's a recipie for disaster.

However, I respect the opinions of my co-workers on this issue and support their individual decisions. It's just not the right thing for me personally.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I choose not to play in the contests. I have seen too many instances of contest rulings between posters go sideways. Throw a moderator into a contest dispute and it's a recipie for disaster.

However, I respect the opinions of my co-workers on this issue and support their individual decisions. It's just not the right thing for me personally.

That's why you are the boss Jimmy.

OF...:cheers

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Mods should have some fun too. No editing posts!

Trust me on this Jimmy, although you already know this

Its all in the integrity of the grader......I have been there.....

Mark's Moneymakers

EOG Dedicated

Mods should be allowed to play. What they get for being a moderator they deserve. Contests are separate and they have no advantage being a moderator. If they are better cappers than us, then they should be allowed to win these contests. No brainer.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Mods should have some fun too. No editing posts!

Brock, have u EVER seen one of us edit a post in a contest?

I play in ALL THE CONTESTS, and have NEVER BEEN QUESTIONED about anything regarding my picks.....any edit shows for us just like it does when edit a spam post, or anything else.....our picks are visible just like everyone elses......

I resent the implication from Agent, that we can cheat, or that we would.....we are the ones who work hard to get these contests, and we enjoy playing as well......and we RARELY win, and its never been an issue...yet according to Agent its surely gonna cause problems...well it hasnt in 3 years here.....

And the grading issue, anyone can make a mistake, but u can rest assured if i grade anything where a mod wins any prize, that is the first thing i will double check.....every time

as for the post up contests, us playing only makes the pots bigger, i really dont understand why anyone would think we shouldnt be allowed to participate on the forum the same as every other poster...

and one more thing, only once have i been involved in any "issue" in a contest where there was gray area on a post of my competitor, and in that instance, i of course, gave the "ruling" to my opponent, since it was my decision as contest organizer to make....I would NEVER rule in my own favor on an iffy decision.....

and one more thing, only once have i been involved in any "issue" in a contest where there was gray area on a post of my competitor, and in that instance, i of course, gave the "ruling" to my opponent, since it was my decision as contest organizer to make....I would NEVER rule in my own favor on an iffy decision.....

And not trying to blow my own horn here (toot,toot).... But I will mention this because the contest I was involved is kinda the reason this conversation began in the first place:

But in regards to the contest that I had originally won, but there was a scoring "controversy" in regards to Try Try Try. I immediately let it be known to Ballwonder (who graded the contest) and Mo (who were sorting out the problem), that if there was even the slightest question with the grading to go ahead and rule in the favor of try try try

Case closed

waco

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1364139 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Reload<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1364139", true); </SCRIPT>

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1364139 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"><!-- icon and title --> Re: BET JAMAICA $600 NASCAR CONTEST - Sunday 7/27 (CLOSES 1:45pm)
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Contest will close at 1:45pm! Have heard of cases with people editing posts after the race starts so we have to go with an earlier closing time from now on.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I dont think they should be able to enter. (Unless their winnings would go to charity)

phoich4

EOG Addicted

Yes they should be allowed to enter. They have no advantage in these contests as all plays are posted for us to see. Its not like the contests are hidden and people are manipulating things behind the scenes.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

i agree!

dont the mods get paid?:+clueless

why would they want to take $$$ away from posters?:+clueless

they have a job and a paycheck.....because of posters?:+clueless

unfunny joke. that's like shawn saying Medicaid has a job because of guys like him, so their employees shouldn't be entitled to blood pressure medication an painkillers b/c it's taking away from upstanding citizens such as himself.

70ut

EOG Enthusiast

Most business don't allow employees to win their contests there for the customer's most have that statement Employees of the company not eligible to particpate.

Not saying it happens but there was a former mod at the RX accused of editing his picks after the games were over. Also like winky said when a contest is on post review the mods actually have a edge seeing the picks.

Paid or post contest no one should ever be given a advantage no matter how minor. Since I hardly play in the contests id say any mods or paid posters should not be allowed or if they play and win give it to the next guy in line.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Brock, have u EVER seen one of us edit a post in a contest?

I play in ALL THE CONTESTS, and have NEVER BEEN QUESTIONED about anything regarding my picks.....any edit shows for us just like it does when edit a spam post, or anything else.....our picks are visible just like everyone elses......

I resent the implication from Agent, that we can cheat, or that we would.....we are the ones who work hard to get these contests, and we enjoy playing as well......and we RARELY win, and its never been an issue...yet according to Agent its surely gonna cause problems...well it hasnt in 3 years here.....

And the grading issue, anyone can make a mistake, but u can rest assured if i grade anything where a mod wins any prize, that is the first thing i will double check.....every time

as for the post up contests, us playing only makes the pots bigger, i really dont understand why anyone would think we shouldnt be allowed to participate on the forum the same as every other poster...

Shortening up my post then. YES.<TT>
</TT>

WVU

EOG Master

I say no. Leave the free money to the posters of the site. Mods already get paid to be here.