Delay wins 62% of vote in Primary yesterday

dirty

EOG Master
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=headlineblack style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Raw Data: DeLay Statement on Primary Win</TD></TR><TR><TD class=storytext style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px">Wednesday, March 08, 2006
<TABLE id=nointelliTXT cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=262 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
</TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=20 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=photo style="BORDER-LEFT: black 1px solid; COLOR: #ffcc00; BACKGROUND-COLOR: black" onclick="storyTab('photo',1);">PHOTOS</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=220><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"></TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">
</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 5px; PADDING-TOP: 0px">
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FONT-SIZE: 10px; COLOR: #990000" colSpan=4>Click image to enlarge</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript>writeScroll(openTab1,'1');</SCRIPT>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>The following is a statement released by Rep. Tom DeLay, R-Texas, after receiving his 12th Republican nomination for the 22nd congressional district:
"I have always placed my faith in the voters, and today's vote shows they have placed their full faith in me. This race was about who can effectively represent the values and the priorities of the people in this district, and I'm proud to have earned, and overwhelmingly kept, that trust among Republican voters. Not only did they reject the politics of personal destruction, but they strongly rejected the candidates who used those Democrat tactics as their platform.
"Our volunteers and grassroots activists are just incredible and they worked diligently in neighborhoods around this district. I'm honored to have them stand with me as we prepare to defend this district from the funding and activism of America's most radical Democrats.
"Liberal activists like Barbra Streisand, George Soros, and Nancy Pelosi all have a dog in this fight, and his name is Nick Lampson.
"Over the next eight months, Lampson and his national Democrat allies will continue to lie to the voters about his liberal record, attempt to take credit for Republican ideas, and use innuendo to attack my integrity. During that time my focus will remain on effectively representing the 22nd District in Congress by providing support to our troops who are fighting and winning the war on terror, securing funds to improve transportation and bolster NASA, and protecting our family values. The choice couldn't be more clear.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>"Democrat attacks and the politics of personal destruction were heavily used by my opponents in this Republican primary, and they were rejected just like they will be in November. Now we need to focus on the real contest at hand - the battle between Republicans and liberal Democrats, between myself and Nick Lampson. This election will determine who makes the decisions about continuing our fight against terrorists around the world, securing our borders, reforming our tax code, and protecting our values. I'm the only candidate who has faithfully stood up for these conservative priorities, and I am asking for Republican voters to stand with me as we defend this district from the dangerous and irresponsible representation of Nick Lampson."