Conspiracy Nuts : Was the BG/Miami Ohio gm "fixed"

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Easy to blame Miami's bizarre miscues on the weather but the weather was bad on both sides of the field. Got to love the last TD before halftime to send it Over.

Wax

EOG Enthusiast
I never believe this conspiracy stuff

I never believe this conspiracy stuff

But that game stunk like 7 day old salmon.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Books got middled on the first half total as well as the game total.

First half total opened 30 and closed 27.5 or 28.

that had to hurt.:smoke

Nimue77

EOG Senior Member
Yup. And someof the college basketball movement so far has seemed weird, moving up and back and landing in the middle. But who's to complain?

Pancho Sanza said:
Books got middled on the first half total as well as the game total.

First half total opened 30 and closed 27.5 or 28.

that had to hurt.:smoke

Caliente

Banned
BG+10 was a great bet. I think many of you forgot who BG was. Remember opening day against Wiscy? If there are fixes, you just have to keep that in mind before the game and ask yourself, "If this game were to be fixed, who would they want to fix it for"? I dont think it is any harder trying to figure out who the league would want to win or whoever, then actually trying to pick a side against the spread. Thats why I bet teasers. The 6 points actually gives us the advantage. Betting against the spread is 50-50. Like flipping a coin. Dont bother telling me otherwise.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Royalbasher said:
BG+10 was a great bet. I think many of you forgot who BG was. Remember opening day against Wiscy? If there are fixes, you just have to keep that in mind before the game and ask yourself, "If this game were to be fixed, who would they want to fix it for"? I dont think it is any harder trying to figure out who the league would want to win or whoever, then actually trying to pick a side against the spread. Thats why I bet teasers. The 6 points actually gives us the advantage. Betting against the spread is 50-50. Like flipping a coin. Dont bother telling me otherwise.

I got news for you, overall a 6 point teaser is actually about a 49/51 prop as compared to the 50/50 prop of a spread.

There are instances where teasers make sense but only through key numbers.

Enjoy the recent success but don't think it lasts forever. IF books thought it would, they would disallow teasers and I still see em available.

Caliente

Banned
The reason books have them available is because most people dont play them because they dont pay enough. Most players want odds. For years Ive heard my friends say teasers dont pay. Ive been telling them forever that maybe they dont have huge odds but you will cash in more often with teasers. I also get away from them at times. If I bet them exclusively, Im positive that I would do better. I have terrible money management and no discipline. Everyone knows that. That 49/51 is BS. Obviously you cant take any game and tease it like you imply.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
What lines do you tease through, If its anything other than throught 3 and 7, forget it, you'll lose money.

The 49/51 is not something I just made up, its based on thousands of games and both dog up, fav down.

Your so blinded by the recent success that you don't want to even think you could lose.

Caliente

Banned
First of all I have been getting killed lately so what are you talking about? Why have I been getting killed? Because I have no discipline and instead of waiting until Sunday to bet teasers, I bet all week on B-Ball and stupid College Football. Where did you get that idea that I was kicking ass? Like I said, not all games should be teased. You said only tease between 3-7 right? WRONG!!!!! How about say Carolina -8 against the Jets?How about the Steelers - 7.5 against the Browns? I could go on and on. What are you talking about?

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Royalbasher said:
First of all I have been getting killed lately so what are you talking about? Why have I been getting killed? Because I have no discipline and instead of waiting until Sunday to bet teasers, I bet all week on B-Ball and stupid College Football. Where did you get that idea that I was kicking ass? Like I said, not all games should be teased. You said only tease between 3-7 right? WRONG!!!!! How about say Carolina -8 against the Jets?How about the Steelers - 7.5 against the Browns? I could go on and on. What are you talking about?

Not BETWEEN 3-7, but through them, just like the two games you pointed out.

So that means bringing a 2 point dog up to +8 or an 8 point fav down to -2.

You may be the only guy on the planet this year losing money by playing teasers.:doh1

Caliente

Banned
Again, Im winning on teasers but getting killed betting B-ball and college Fball during the week. If I stuck to my teasers Id be doing great. Last week I bet 11 teasers and only lost on the Giants -3. My point is that teasers are great and you were saying the odds were shitty. Now you are saying that Im the only guy to lose on them. Make up your mind guy!!!

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Royalbasher said:
Again, Im winning on teasers but getting killed betting B-ball and college Fball during the week. If I stuck to my teasers Id be doing great. Last week I bet 11 teasers and only lost on the Giants -3. My point is that teasers are great and you were saying the odds were shitty. Now you are saying that Im the only guy to lose on them. Make up your mind guy!!!

THEY ARE A LOSING PROPOSITION LONG TERM UNLESS YOU TEASE THROUGH THE 3 AND THE 7.

got it?:+waving-5

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Sam Odom said:
Last 3wks in NFL just drawing 2teams out of a hat and teasing them were winners

Try season long winner, just teasing favs blindly down 6 points cashes 62 % of all 2 team 6 point teasers.:cocktail

Caliente

Banned
Not really. Didnt you say taking Dallas +2 up to +8? Isnt 2 less than 3 and 8 more than 7? I think we agree that all teasers are not good bets but I dont get this 3 thru 7. Just so you know, I only bet teasers if I get a fav down to 3 or less and a dog + 7 or more. Occassionally I like a -2 so much that I will take them +4 or 3.5. For example, two weeks ago there were three games I loved like that. Bears -2.5 against Saints. Bengals -3 against Ravens, and Falcons -2 against Dolphins. I was kicking myself afterwards for not parlaying the three but you cant do that. The Bears almost lost that game. On the teaser there was no stress at all on any of those games.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Youv'e almost got it right royal, tease to under 3 and over 7, so -2.5 or less when teasing down and +7.5 or more when teasing up.

Now you only want to work with teams that are favored from -7.5 to -8.5 on the fav side and +1.5 to +2.5 for dogs since you essentially get them to under the magic 3 and over 7.

I like to watch line moves and play em that way, teams getting steamed up or down make for advantage plays if you can get the teaser in before the line move.:cocktail

Caliente

Banned
I got it. But I dont agree with this point. If you like a dog a lot, lets say Dallas +3 against Eagles, are you saying dont play it because its not less than your magic numbner 3? Dallas plus 9 is better than Dallas + 7.5 or 8 is it not?

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Royalbasher said:
If you like a dog a lot, lets say Dallas +3 against Eagles, are you saying dont play it because its not less than your magic numbner 3? Dallas plus 9 is better than Dallas + 7.5 or 8 is it not?

My 2cents, if you like Dallas+3 just play them on the Moneyline, your ROI will be better in the long haul

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Royalbasher said:
I got it. But I dont agree with this point. If you like a dog a lot, lets say Dallas +3 against Eagles, are you saying dont play it because its not less than your magic numbner 3? Dallas plus 9 is better than Dallas + 7.5 or 8 is it not?

Royal, Im of the opinion that the NFL sides are the tightest market out there, in other words the line is right almost always and you wont beat the sport in the long run.

That said, there are situations where teasing makes sense since you are paying the same to tease across all numbers when certain numbers, 3 and 7, are more valuable than others.

If you really "like" a side, dont bother with the teaser, just play it straight.

Caliente

Banned
Thats rediculous. How many times have you loved a side only to see that team tank or not cover? Thats the idea with teasers. Forget who you like. Since the numbers are so tight, dont fool yourself to think you got something. You cant beat the number straight up. When you tease it, now you are the favorite. The spread makes it 50/50. It doesnt matter who you like. Dallas plus 9 or Philly +3, both winners. No bad beat on Philly. Like I said, dont bother trying to tell me that teasers arent the way to go because you came full circle when you said if you like someone straight up just take it. I dont even look at the line like that. When I look at the lines, I autimatically add the 6 to it on both sides.

Royal,

If the spread makes a team that is say...-2 a 50/50 prop....and then you add 6pts in your favor to that team....what do you think the odds are of that team covering as +4 now instead of -2 ?

Caliente

Banned
60/40 or 65/35. That is a bad example since I would rarely use a teaser on that spread unless I was taking the dog. Taking an -8 down to a -2 would be more realistic and in that case I would say the odds are now more like 70/30 or 75/25.

well there is the answer to this problem.....if indeed you have the 60/40 scenario...and you have to tease 2 teams together..the chance of two 60% shots covering together??

60 x 60 = 36%...........even 70/30 70x 70 = 49%.....if your playing a 2 team teaser that pays even money.....u need your teaser to win at a rate of over 50% or higher to make anything. So you need to find indivudal spots where your single teams will cover with the extra points of over like 71% each.

teasers have been red hot lately

good luck

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
BowlMeOne said:
well there is the answer to this problem.....if indeed you have the 60/40 scenario...and you have to tease 2 teams together..the chance of two 60% shots covering together??

60 x 60 = 36%...........even 70/30 70x 70 = 49%.....if your playing a 2 team teaser that pays even money.....u need your teaser to win at a rate of over 50% or higher to make anything. So you need to find indivudal spots where your single teams will cover with the extra points of over like 71% each.

teasers have been red hot lately

good luck

precisely, and the only subset is through 3 and 7, takes you to about 74 %

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Royalbasher said:
Thats rediculous. How many times have you loved a side only to see that team tank or not cover? Thats the idea with teasers. Forget who you like. Since the numbers are so tight, dont fool yourself to think you got something. You cant beat the number straight up. When you tease it, now you are the favorite. The spread makes it 50/50. It doesnt matter who you like. Dallas plus 9 or Philly +3, both winners. No bad beat on Philly. Like I said, dont bother trying to tell me that teasers arent the way to go because you came full circle when you said if you like someone straight up just take it. I dont even look at the line like that. When I look at the lines, I autimatically add the 6 to it on both sides.

respectfully I don't think you are getting what I am saying.

A teaser is nothing more than buying 6 points at about 25 cents per point, since books charge the same to tease through any subset of points, you need to determine what each point is worth on an individual basis and decide whether buying all 6 is worth it.

The way to do this is buy through the points that are most valuable, 7 and 3.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Royalbasher said:
I agree. My point is that teasers are better bets than straight plays. If you know how to play teasers of course.

If you teased both sides of that Eagles/cowboys game congrats.

But thats not the way to play em.:+waving-5

Caliente

Banned
Now you are putting words in my mouth. When did I say I played both sides of the Eagles game? I played neither side. You seem so smart when you start with this 60/40 59 % craziness but then you miss the simple things. At no point did I say that betting both sides of a game is smart. Its dumb. Just like betting totals is dumb. Betting a side with a total on the same game is the dumbest of all.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
"Dallas plus 9 or Philly +3, both winners. No bad beat on Philly. Like I said, dont bother trying to tell me that teasers arent the way to go because you came full circle when you said if you like someone straight up just take it. I dont even look at the line like that. When I look at the lines, I autimatically add the 6 to it on both sides."

that was your post from 1:59