conference and ncaab tournament plays

Nice job back on the winning track. Conference tourneys are always the toughest. Why don't you bet totals? Seems like you would have an eye for those considering some of your comments I've read in the past.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk

Re: conference and ncaab tournament plays

Nice job back on the winning track. Conference tourneys are always the toughest. Why don't you bet totals? Seems like you would have an eye for those considering some of your comments I've read in the past.

I do, but I usually bet openers on sides and the totals I bet are late. Totals are released differently and I find it easier for people to follow sides, and I'm frequently working when totals come out. Also, totals aren't as beatable as they were 3 years ago. I play at BM mostly, and there are so many total-less games now that I put in much more time on sides. Two of my focal conferences don't even release totals for the most part, just brutal. RAS killed it for everyone.

I'll play more totals in the ncaab tournament and will post them then.

Terrible that ullafayette gets in over Georgia state. Just terrible. Georgia state would have been a blast to watch and a threat in the tournament. Ul Lafayette has no chance 1st round. Tournament got less entertaining today.

Rough second halves today from both my teams. Rough conference tournament's for me this year - I even lost money in the MVC tourney this year for the first time in a long time.

9-15 -3.95

Uconn -4
Wisconsin Milwaukee +16
Oregon -5.5
N Dakota state +4
Creighton -13.5
Oklahoma state -2
Kansas state +5
Cincy -2.5

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

Timely do you think Manhattan can stay with them , even if just for a half? if Brown doesn't get into foul trouble, if Russ Smith is off? they should keep Rhamel Brown off Harrell if possible and foul the shit out of him with the other big man who starts + freshman big man off bench who doesn't play much...Manhattan has tough kids I don't think they will be in awe...and like Masiello a lot

Timely do you think Manhattan can stay with them , even if just for a half? if Brown doesn't get into foul trouble, if Russ Smith is off? they should keep Rhamel Brown off Harrell if possible and foul the shit out of him with the other big man who starts + freshman big man off bench who doesn't play much...Manhattan has tough kids I don't think they will be in awe...and like Masiello a lot
I was looking forward to Manhattan this tournament, and seeing where they fell as their defensive style translated well vs almost any team they played against. The problem is that Louisville is deep, and athletic and quick as hell. If Louisville dictates the pace of the game, Manhattan is in a lot of trouble because they're offensively inept.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me to see Louisville come out a little flat; although, Pitino playing someone who was once under him is a problem as Pitino won't allow his team to overlook the opponent.

I actually think Louisville may be playing the best basketball in the country the past 30 days but I also think they are a bit overvalued at the moment. Although Russ is capable of a dreadful game, they have been few and far between this year in comparison to last.

I think the line is pretty spot on, but I do think Manhattan should be able to control Louisville's offense a little better than the total believes, I'm just not sure that Manhattan can break 60 points in this game.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

brutal draw for Manhattan obviously,prob NCAA being cute. agree Pitino will drill them about Masiello. they actually played last season, Beamon didn't play though. Russ Smith and his dad know Masiello family real well apparently. I want to play Manhattan first half but not real confident about it.

Tough to bet against Louisville right now with the trouncing they have been giving teams. If you like Manhattan a little, I'd recommend the total before the spread - if Manhattan can keep it in single digits for a good bit of the game, that means the total should easily stay under as it means they are playing good defense, and limiting possessions.

5-2 +2.8

16-18 +.8 in thread. Finally out of red. Still have a few pending for tomorrow, may add some in the morning.

Pending:

Creighton -13.5
Oklahoma state -2
Kansas state +5
Okie state over 139

Got a horrible number on K-State - should have known too, with Kentucky being the trendy and hot pick heading into the tournament.

adding Stephen F Austin +6 1/2

They've won 28 games in a row, and they distribute/manage the basketball well. Shaka has been lights out in the tournament, but I like that Austin thinks they're the better team and I like that move the ball around well. If they can limit turnovers and beat the press this should be a close game from start to finish. I'm just hoping they don't get over whelmed by the press.

That Oregon/Wiscy total seems about 10 points to low. I have it at 151. Thoughts?

I don't trust Wisconsin to push the pace as much in the tournament. I do agree it's a bit low: I have it at 145 1/2. Not sure I'm going to play it though. I actually like the Oregon side more at the moment

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

For tomorrow:

UConn +145
ND State +155

I like UConn here was hoping for +150 plus when bracket came out but with Nova in obvious offensive funk will only go down I would assume . little worried about Pinkston drawing lot of attn with a good start...would help their shooters. nova just not a good 3 defending team. the late start tomorrow night can't hurt either.

I like UConn here was hoping for +150 plus when bracket came out but with Nova in obvious offensive funk will only go down I would assume . little worried about Pinkston drawing lot of attn with a good start...would help their shooters. nova just not a good 3 defending team. the late start tomorrow night can't hurt either.

I'm on record saying I loved UConn's draw in this tournament, and love their guard play. I honestly think this game should be closer to a pick, but I do not have Nova rated all that highly. As you noted, their three point defense is poor and UConn should be able to exploit that. The first round scare was nice to get out of the way too - Boat and Bazz didn't play a great game and they still won. I expect big efforts out of both tomorrow.