CAN ANYONE CONSISTENTLY BEAT THE NBA?

My opponent for the Stardust Invitational Tournament, Tim Trushel, went on record as saying that he knew NO ONE that can WIN MONEY consitently betting on solely NBA games...

What do you think?

I am inclined NOT to believe him...

THE SHRINK

dirty

EOG Master
I don't believe him....last few years I have done well in the NBA.....I also have some friends at my former site who win Every year in the NBA as well...You just have to know the teams....road trips....etc...

There are little Nuances into betting the NBA that give you a Edge....Back to Back road games across the country, Teams playing on 3 days rest versus teams that have played 3 games in 5 days, Long road trips, Etc....

Sometimes you just have to play those types of situations no matter what your Gut is telling you...And as the season goes on you see who covers at home, who goes over at home the majority of the time, who never covers on the road, etc...

Like tonite I wanted to take SAC -7.5 But the team plane Broke down and they didnt leave til this morning....sure it is not a long flight but could matter...and Last year SAC was terrible on the Road as a Fave...

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
i thought NBA was the lowest hold in VEGAS as it was the easiest to beat especially totals. maybe that was all an urban legond. Ive never beaten it.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Chuck S. did it for many years, but now we would have to travel halfway around the world just to find him. Wherever he is , he was the nicest and most respectable guy in the industry I ever knew. :+thumbs-2

THE SHRINK said:
My opponent for the Stardust Invitational Tournament, Tim Trushel, went on record as saying that he knew NO ONE that can WIN MONEY consitently betting on solely NBA games...

What do you think?

THE SHRINK

I think I may have a very good chace, plus I know of at least one other poster who will beat the NBA as well. :+signs8-1

Pick your spots and you can. Last year personally I bet big on only 23 games. Went 15-8. Didnt win a bucketfull of cash, but Ill take it.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Let's say you have to bet something. Choices offer NFL, NCAA football, NHL or NBA. Similar to tonight's board. Instead of once a week, you get an everynight sport. That presents advantages all by itself. So we are down to NHL and NBA. NHL was on strike, unbettable for ions. Why excel at a sport that is like that? They lost a lot of cappers during that exodus. So, until NCAA hoops rolls around, probably the most advantageous sports for the player is NBA. Key word is consistency. No weather, no turf/grass, indoor/outdoor. No 7 point turnover swing, or shootout ending. Much smaller roster and number of players who decide outcome. I think a different way I look at it is the NBA is consistent to cap. Certain teams just vary or gap number to result in patterns that can be capped. I prefer my time yield results.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

bigboydan

Banned
THE SHRINK said:

What do you think?

THE SHRINK

NM , isn't worth getting into details.

Last edited:

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated
I heard him say that on the radio and laughed my ass off. Ill take a full slate of NBA games over the NFL any day. I have 8 winning seasons of the NBA and have never come up on the short stick for the whole year.....My problem is staying away from the NFL CRACK HOUSE on Sundays:smoke . Looks like there is a good crew in the NBA forum.....cant wait.:+waving-5

GL,

MN

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated
The NFL is by far my favorite thing to bet on.....and by far has been my worst sport as far as $$$. Last year was my 1st plus year EVER. If I had all the money I won on Bases and Baskets back from the NFL I would be a rich man.:+waving-5

GL,

Mn

jjgold said:
Mr. NBA me too

NFL is unbeatable that is why books have such high limits on them

PO69

EOG Master
The way to beat the NBA is to just take underdogs of with spreads of over 8 or so. You are guaranteed to make money

Actually from a handicapping aspect the NBA is EASY. Unfortunately the refs are so frigging croooked they can kill you.

I used to do VERY well in the NBA, but about 5 years ago it took a turn, then it kept getting worse. SO I basically quit half way thru the 2002 season. When the refs basically call everything going late in the 4th quarters to get the total and spread they need it is sickening.

Obviously if you are on the same side you like it, but that is a big IF usually. Watching teams up 30 on a spread, and losing by 2-3 habitually due to some creative calls by the refs.

Now I will say that the series playoffs are complete money, and I have made amint in them the past few years, even with quite a few sweeps. It only take a couple back and forth series to clean up, and since half the league makes it and it last 3 months there is plenty of oppurtunity to cash.

playersonly69 said:
The way to beat the NBA is to just take underdogs of with spreads of over 8 or so. You are guaranteed to make money

Actually since 1995 Dogs of more than 8 are only 419-448-18 ATS, so betting AGAINST them is almost enough to be profitable on the blind.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Thats one of the sillier things you've said want.

Even if it were true, should have no effect on your capping since you should get screwed/saved an equal amount in the long run by those crooked refs. Surely a math guru like you knows that.:+waving-5

Yes that is why I tried to do it for a couple more years when I noticed it. But I couldn't get it to even out enough.

I make more than enough plays in NCAA to make up for it, and I don't have to deal with the turmoil whem the playoffs come around. So I compromised.

But I have a feeling that you agree that the refs are on a lot of these games (espeically the TV games) you just don't want to have to agree with me :+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Bad refs should be roughly a 50/50 help or hinder. Especially over the length of a season. Plus even bad refs present angles, home/away bias and for or against team bias. Even player bias. What is the impact of one lousy traveling call vs. a td being called back on a you could call it every play holding call? Zebras actually control the NBA in a much less obvious way, and do not completely alter an outcome very often. That being said, the zebras have the ability to dictate the outcome of any game they choose.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

The single most important bit of info is the refs at each game. But the NBA guards it like it is the codes for the nuclear arsenal. WHY? BECAUSE these gys do bet. You CAN in fact look up ref stats and definately see a bias. Unfortuantely unless you have the NBA ticket and happen to have it on the right channel at the right time they annouce who is reffing you cannot utilize it.

I have been trying to 8 years r so (even after I basically quit even) because I know that wiht that info a player WOULD DEFINATELY have an advantage. it is just something that no one can get, unless they are lucky.

I even knew some guys with the Clippers, that went with the team, and even they couldn't get the info in time to make it worth while.

Like I said the NBA guardsit with their lives.

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
I don't believe NBA refs are on the take on a widespread basis.

Use a little common sense, these guys can't guarantee a side or total by calling a few late fouls etc.

NFL refs maybe, they could influence a game but its still risky.

What if you bet 100 dimes on a game and can't manage to influence the outcome?:doh1

NBA guards the ref info because they don't want gamblers to know who the refs are, I read that somewhere a few years back.

Certain refs are more likely to call fouls, influencing the totals.

I don't think they bet that much for onwe thing. Another is, I have to think they have some knowledge of the game. So I am sure they are not bettiing every single game, but they surely will bet a gae that they think has "value" and one they aso think they can manipulate fairly easilly, especailly if they are the official.

Betting a couple DD dogs here or there, or a ML on a few 5 point dogs, isn't that hard to fathom. Especially if those teams are at home.

I have watched enough of the game to see the ones I think are "questionable". Basically they can call anything at anytime, but when the pattern is there.

Also we have all heard the old..."refs are setting the tone for this game". That very definately can help them get a game manipulated where they want it. Especially if they call every ticky tack foul or every travel they see.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
A handful of NBA officials do dictate games ATS. I don't believe they give any concern most often about the winner or loser, but they do have an interest in ATS results and they make it look so easy doing ot right in front of the world watching.