Best Way to get rid of a mouse

Blondie

EOG Master
A mouse has decided to make my home its residence. What is the best way to get rid of it?

I don't want to see the thing, touch the thing, or go near the thing. :mad:

What are my options :pop:

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: Best Way to get rid of a mouse

The last one that was in my house saw the back end of a skillet.

But then after I smash him with the broom I have to remove him somehow.

Got any other ideas?

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Sweep it into a box after smashing it.

You could also surround the area where the mouse it with face up duck tape and hope to trap him on it.

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

if you dont want to see it or touch it, buy the little plastic setup....has 2 holes for them to walk into and you put a piece of poison that looks like a little block of soap in it and lock in case u have kids or pets....comes with a plastic key....place it accordingly, check it to see if the mouse has eaten any of the poison....the poison activates when they drink water, so wherever their water supply is coming from(usually outside) is where the mouse will be dead.....gg mouse

JuiceBox

EOG Senior Member

Poison is the only way I can think of considering you demands. You want see him, touch him, or have to go near him using this method. He'll run off and die somewhere and thats that! He'll stink for a couple of days though.

Blondie

EOG Master

buy a rat snake, turn him loose and let him do his thang.

:finger004 I'll get another cat first dammit. No snakes, no mice.

The closest to that we have ever had was a lizard and I tried to bury the thing as dead when it was molting. I was so thrilled it was dead then the f'er started peeling 2348ji23e

Blondie

EOG Master

if you dont want to see it or touch it, buy the little plastic setup....has 2 holes for them to walk into and you put a piece of poison that looks like a little block of soap in it and lock in case u have kids or pets....comes with a plastic key....place it accordingly, check it to see if the mouse has eaten any of the poison....the poison activates when they drink water, so wherever their water supply is coming from(usually outside) is where the mouse will be dead.....gg mouse

Poison is the only way I can think of considering you demands. You want see him, touch him, or have to go near him using this method. He'll run off and die somewhere and thats that! He'll stink for a couple of days though.

Thanks guys :cheers

JuiceBox

EOG Senior Member

One word of caution though. We had one die in a A/C vent, and the house stunk like death every time the A/C would kick on. This lasted for months!!

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

:finger004 I'll get another cat first dammit. No snakes, no mice.

The closest to that we have ever had was a lizard and I tried to bury the thing as dead when it was molting. I was so thrilled it was dead then the f'er started peeling 2348ji23e

christ you ask for help then just pick it all apart..... :MADMAN:

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

just disconnect the cord from the tower, and throw it in the trash....

be sure to get a new one at best buy, or your computer wont be much good

Blondie

EOG Master

christ you ask for help then just pick it all apart..... :MADMAN:

You gotta realize I am sitting on my bed and swear I keep seeing things move. I am WIDE AWAKE NOW :+whipping

But thank you for your suggestion, I can go buy the snake have the kids let it loose and then move. :cheers

Blondie

EOG Master

just disconnect the cord from the tower, and throw it in the trash....

be sure to get a new one at best buy, or your computer wont be much good

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAOThanks Bucs I needed a laugh :cheers

JuiceBox

EOG Senior Member

No need to be scared. Mice are actually very cute little guys. It's a shame they cause so much damage.

Blondie

EOG Master

gee there is a sentence that i am sure will not provide any future material

12io4j2w90

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAOI am glad you are enjoying this.

No need to be scared. Mice are actually very cute little guys. It's a shame they cause so much damage.

I really don't care. They can come over to your house and be cute little guys. I abhor them. I had a bad encounter with one many years ago......

Damn thing just stared at me. Did not run or anything just stared...... :mad:

Blondie

EOG Master

No I think he is suggesting either The Cat in the Hat or Garfield :D

JuiceBox

EOG Senior Member

See, it just want's to be your friend! Give him a piece of cheese and call him..mmmmm...DEXTER, thats the name, I like Dexter!!!!
<!-- / message -->

Blondie

EOG Master

See, it just want's to be your friend! Give him a piece of cheese and call him..mmmmm...DEXTER, thats the name, I like Dexter!!!!
<!-- / message -->

That one was from ten years ago. The evil bastard that stared my fear of mice :mad:

This one runs or else he would be dead by now 2348ji23e

Blondie

EOG Master

YAYYY I think it is in the kitchen :mad:

Last I saw it the f'er ran behind the stove

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Blondie,

Get a basic mouse trap, bait it with peanut butter and when it's caught simply throw the mouse and trap away together.

A mouse has decided to make my home its residence. What is the best way to get rid of it?

I don't want to see the thing, touch the thing, or go near the thing. :mad:

What are my options :pop:

Learn the Shortcut keys. 12io4j2w90

Blondie

EOG Master

Jeff, your expired last week and if you can get rid of this mouse you are more than welcome. :)

:finger004 Bucs already pulled that one last night :LMAO

Blondie, if you haven't gotten rid of it already then do this. Don't use poison inside the home. They will eat it, and die inside then decompose and smell. The rodenticides on the market are blood coagulant in which the rodent dies from blood clots(usually in their lungs).
Now since most rodents are blind and only can go on smell and touch, you need to buy a snap trap or T-Rex trap with some peanut butter on it. Make sure to place the trap facing the wall as they always use walls as travel passages. Since blind this gives them a feel as to were they are going. Once it hits the trap will snap its neck and die instantly.
Now, consider how it got in and do the due work to fix any holes, door weather strips and the such.

APPLE

Blondie

EOG Master

Thanks applepicks, I live in a house that is over 100 years old no telling how it got in :LMAO

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Best way is sticky traps...

After it's cute little mouse ass is stuck in this, and beleive me, they get stuck, zap it with this.

A powerful enough one, will almost vaporize the little critter, and the charred remains stay on the sticky trap for easy disposal. Caution: Do not breathe in the mouse smoke.

OF...:pop: