Bears

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
This game shows how difficult betting on sports is. Last few days all you heard was how all these guys were out for the bears in the defensive backfield. they are bringing guys in from the practice squad to play in the game.
How about if someone offered you Cousins passing yards o/u at 100 yards on the game. How much would you bet on the over ?
87 yards passing for Cousins. How is that possible for playing the whole game.

Wentz just threw for 57 yards and won..

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This game shows how difficult betting on sports is. Last few days all you heard was how all these guys were out for the bears in the defensive backfield. they are bringing guys in from the practice squad to play in the game.
How about if someone offered you Cousins passing yards o/u at 100 yards on the game. How much would you bet on the over ?
87 yards passing for Cousins. How is that possible for playing the whole game.
Outside of the Chiefs and Taylor, star player prop players got buried. There were only 40 TD Sunday, lowest in a week since 1998.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Fields nickname should be 20/20 because he's only good between those yard lines.
He's a terrible QB, I've never seen a QB run backward and take a knee on his own 6 yd line - on 1st down before, how often do you see QB's get sacked on a screen pass? His instincts are still to run if at all possible, the defense knows that.

I saw nothing to indicate there's a shred of hope that he can be become a real NFL QB.

Valuist

EOG Master
Think I’m done with the 2021 Bears. The only real difference between the Bears and the jags are the helmets.

Teams like the Bears and Giants are simply bad teams. Teams like the Jags, Jets and Houston are a whole another level of trash. They are so bad, even Detroit has distinguished themselves better than those 3. Parity is gone from the NFL.

I did learn something last night: Kirk Cousins cannot have success throwing against a secondary of 4 backups. That's really damning.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Outside of the Chiefs and Taylor, star player prop players got buried. There were only 40 TD Sunday, lowest in a week since 1998.
Yes. With Cousins getting 87 yards and still winning the game and covering you would think Cook would go over rushing yards but Nope he still went under. Bears turnovers but still an Amazing box score on that game.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Teams like the Bears and Giants are simply bad teams. Teams like the Jags, Jets and Houston are a whole another level of trash. They are so bad, even Detroit has distinguished themselves better than those 3. Parity is gone from the NFL.

I did learn something last night: Kirk Cousins cannot have success throwing against a secondary of 4 backups. That's really damning.
I think the Lions can beat the Bears now. How can Nagy be a offensive guru when the Bears haven’t scored a TD in the 1st half of half of the games? WTH is that? They can only score against prevent D’s is really damning. Don’t they realize that the ball can travel more than 10 yards? Throw the damn ball 15 yards on 3rd and 14.

blueline

EOG Master
paraphrasing from a tribune article last week an unamed GM said the mcaskeys were nice people.....he sometimes feels sorry for them because they dont realize how fvcked up things really are

Valuist

EOG Master
paraphrasing from a tribune article last week an unamed GM said the mcaskeys were nice people.....he sometimes feels sorry for them because they dont realize how fvcked up things really are

How long can Virginia stay alive? Aren't there estate tax issues once she kicks the bucket?

blueline

EOG Master
regarding fields fumbles...from todays tribune.....draw your own conclusions :

According to a national scout with a team that was evaluating quarterbacks in the top half of Round 1 back in April, his team’s records show Fields’ hands measured 9 1/8 inches. You can get lost heading down a rabbit hole discussing the hand size of quarterbacks. It’s overrated as an issue for quarterbacks, but it’s still an issue.

Joe Burrow joked about his hand size during the pre-draft process in 2020. His hands measured only 9 inches. As a general rule, teams prefer quarterbacks to measure 9 ½ inches or more. The bigger the better.

“Like anything else, it’s something but not everything,” the scout said of QB hand size as a piece in evaluation. “It certainly plays a factor.”

I’m not saying small mitts are leading to fumbles for Fields. I am pointing out that 9 1/8-inch hands would land him likely in the bottom quarter of the league’s starters. And the Bears will tell you they need him to clean this up moving forward because the ball is coming out too often.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Funny how the line barely moved when Foles was named the starter. Really all you need to know about the Nagy regime.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Bears play 8 games a year in Soldier Field and one every year in Green Bay. But their coldest game this year? 25 degrees in Seattle.

blueline

EOG Master
more "buzz" about pace being retained.....Im rooting for the bears to win the next 2......give george a reason/excuse to keep nagy.....this franchise deserves to fall even further into the nfl depths

Valuist

EOG Master
If any database person sees this, could you run this: how do teams perform when going from 6 point or more underdog to 6 point or more favorite?

The Bears are in that predicament.

And how about Seattle? Have to be one of the worst teams to be TD favorites two weeks in a row.

This would be big, if it were to be true.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
I cant begin to imagine the day to day life of their son over the last number of years.
What he has been/must be going through.

The NYG, the best pals of the mccaskeys are in town.....they can compare notes on how to run a franchise into the ground.
Is Ernie Acorsi around?

mr merlin

EOG Master
I assume dickerson was well paid, i assume he had insurance and the financial ability to purchase more, no one is responsible for taking care of his survivors or paying for his kids college.

blueline

EOG Master
apprently Harbaugh buzz growing a little louder with Harbaugh allegedly interested in 2 nfl teams...bears and raiders

Heim

EOG Master
He's a perfect fit for Denver if they let Fangio go. He can resurrect that offense with Lock. The defense is there.