Anyone know if Dave Cokin has a Lifetime Record Anywhere?

Scooter said:
BGS 9.5 - "The point is who cares, we all know he [Cokin] is pretty good."

Please verify how you know he is "pretty good".

Unacceptable responses -

"I just know it".
"Almost everybody knows it".
"He's on the radio a lot".
"His picture is in a lot of ads in magazines and sports schedules".

Can you provide verification for his "pretty good" record, and/or explain how you know that "he is pretty good"?
While you're at it, can you be specific as to what his "pretty good" record actually is?

If you can't, it's simply wishful thinking.

In actuality, we both know you can't answer the question I've asked.
Neither can anyone else here (including Dave himself apparently).

Are you debating he isnt good? My whole point is that he most likely is good, just doesnt have the "history" you would like to back it up . What the hell is wrong with you people, he's throwing out freebies, isnt that enough for now?

I believe there is sufficient evidence that lately he is "pretty good", and that your are just being difficult due to the fact the he is a tout....

taconite

EOG Addicted
JFlex

JFlex

"we are in the great unknown", reveals a lot about your own level of yrs & experience. I doubt if you`ve been around this world of sports betting for much more than a few yrs. I don`t give a sh*t what Cokens overall record for the last 20 yrs is. And here I agree w/Lemon, what I do care about is the level of knowledge and overall insight to EOG. I`ve met him in LV and can tell you along w/Lem B. he is one of the most down to earth regular guys you`d ever meet. So ask all the seemingly innocuous questions you want. You & I both know they`re BS and are a thinly veiled attempt to bash a decent guy who will give a hell of a lot more to this site than you ever will. I personally HATE touts i.e. Root,Feist etc., I don`t put Dave in that group. And if you and the rest of the constant naysayers drive him out before NCAA FB I hope someone kicks your young ass! Other than that have a nice day!!

Alan

EOG Enthusiast
taconite said:
" I personally HATE touts i.e. Root,Feist etc., I don`t put Dave in that group.

You have said more here than most are willing to think about. There are "touts" that give the handicapping industry a well deserved blackeye. Yet to paint all handicappers as "touts" is simply wrong and unfair.

I do not know Dave Cokin but like my deceased friend Mike Lee, Dave has made a career decision that gets him very much in a grey area. He has the obligation to himself and his family to make a living and provide as best he can. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a professional handicapper. There have been thousands of guys that have tried to earn a living selling their handicapping. Most find that getting the work out and finding clients to purchase their work (regardless of the quality) is their most difficult task. Not only does it take a marketing knowledge but it also takes huge amount of time away from their handicapping.

Enter the "grey" area for Dave ----- Jim Fiest marketing. Likely there is no venue for marketing that does any better for their handicappers than the Jim Fiest group. They make the cash register ring for the handicappers they represent. Yey

Alan

EOG Enthusiast
Yet, from what I know about Dave Cokin, he does the work and he works very hard at handicapping. This is a far reach from someone who should be labeled with the "tout" handle.

Scooter

EOG Veteran
BGS 9.5 - "Are you debating he isnt good? My whole point is that he most likely is good..."

"...most likely...".
Exactly. You (and the others who are attacking Joeflex and ComprBob) have no idea if he is or not, but you choose to believe he is. That's called wishful thinking.
J and CB were attempting to go beyond wishing and hoping.

"I believe there is sufficient evidence that lately he is "pretty good"..."

Great! Now for the second time (and the third time overall in this thread) I am asking you (and the other posters who are attacking Joeflex and ComprBob) what that evidence is.

I assume that the "...sufficient evidence..." that he is "pretty good" is that he won his first 3 picks at EOG.

If he had lost his first 3 picks, would you be equally superficial in your conclusions and label him as "...pretty bad"?

pakman1957

EOG Member
Smokin Cokin is a great addition to the EOG stable ......what more can you ask for ?????

Go get em Dave ........... you are a great capper, and people know that ....no bullshitt ..... down to earth guy! Out to help take the man down!!! and after all .....isn't that really what it's all about!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw ..... say hi to Teddy S for me! ...Tell him to lay off those reese cups and drink more green tea!

Good luck Dave ....although I know you dont need it!

Pak

Scooter said:
BGS 9.5 - "Are you debating he isnt good? My whole point is that he most likely is good..."

"...most likely...".
Exactly. You (and the others who are attacking Joeflex and ComprBob) have no idea if he is or not, but you choose to believe he is. That's called wishful thinking.
J and CB were attempting to go beyond wishing and hoping.

"I believe there is sufficient evidence that lately he is "pretty good"..."

Great! Now for the second time (and the third time overall in this thread) I am asking you (and the other posters who are attacking Joeflex and ComprBob) what that evidence is.

I assume that the "...sufficient evidence..." that he is "pretty good" is that he won his first 3 picks at EOG.

If he had lost his first 3 picks, would you be equally superficial in your conclusions and label him as "...pretty bad"?

Looks like Scooter delivered as promised on another forum he posts at...

"I'll register there and bump up the thread when it starts slipping down the page. Comp. bob and joeflex have taught me so much about the importance of tout-watching and helped transform me into the 1/200 that make money at this. Shrink's intentions are the opposite. F' him and the toad. What are we in Germany in the 1940's here? I had more faith in people before I learned about the internet."

THE SHRINK

Coach LT

EOG Enthusiast
For the "posters" that continue to slam Mr Cokin, PLAY YOUR OWN FRIGGIN PLAYS! This guy was picking winners when the few of you were crapping in your diapers. As far as certain plays worth more than others, You Betcha! Post your own plays. Get in the field of battle. You can never get a hit sitting in the stands. No good deed goes unpunished. LT

Scooter

EOG Veteran
THE SHRINK said:
Looks like Scooter delivered as promised on another forum he posts at...

"I'll register there and bump up the thread when it starts slipping down the page. Comp. bob and joeflex have taught me so much about the importance of tout-watching and helped transform me into the 1/200 that make money at this. Shrink's intentions are the opposite. F' him and the toad. What are we in Germany in the 1940's here? I had more faith in people before I learned about the internet."

THE SHRINK

THE SHRINK has admitted in the other Cokin post I am in here, that he "made a mistake" and he admits that I did not post the above.

For the record, I am NOT in a post with CBob and Joeflex on any other website. The only place I am in a thread with them is here in this one thread only.

Scooter said:
THE SHRINK has admitted in the other Cokin post I am in here, that he "made a mistake" and he admits that I did not post the above.

For the record, I am NOT in a post with CBob and Joeflex on any other website. The only place I am in a thread with them is here in this one thread only.

Just wont let it go will ya. Completely pathetic that you have nothing better to do than cause trouble here. No, it appears he doesnt have a lifetime fucking record that you can look at. That doesn't mean the man isnt GOOD though, to what degree he is good, if thats what you're looking for, who the fuck cares. The fact that you cant accept "pretty good" is your own problem. I would say go to his website for his credentials, or read what's posted here, but Im sure that's all BS, right?

BOTTOM LINE IS THAT DAVE COKIN
OR NOBODY ELSE STAYS IN THIS BUSINESS
AND KEEP A GOOD NAME WITHOUT WINNING MORE THAN HE LOSES

I HAVE SOME OLDER CLIENTS THAT HAVE BEEN WITH HIM FOR 20+ YEARS

DAMN.. THAT MAKES ME OLD TOO..
SOME OF THEM HAVE BEEN WITH ME SINCE THE MID 80'S

WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG???

LET'S WIN NOT WHINE:+clueless

Good marketing is what keeps these guys in the business. Getting the plays right seems to mean less and less. Like Kid Rock says:

If it's there, you'll see it.
If it's real, you'll feel it.
If it's marketed right, you'll buy it!!!

fatdomino

EOG Member
Re: Anyone know if Dave Cokin has a Lifetime Record Anywhere?

I have seen him have different records EVERYWHERE. First off, you can find him at probably 50 different websites. He's just trying to sell picks and sell as many as possible. On his personal website, there is absolutely no tracking. anywhere. When you hear him talk, he mentions what "he set the line at" and it's hilarious. Dude has no clue but I guess when youre on the radio, people think youre a winner? ok