Any Cub Fan That Rooted For WSox Should Be?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
I knew a huge Cub fan that rooted for the WSox in '83. I told him that I felt he was a traitor to his team. Now , I see a bunch of ex-Cub fans celebrating for the Pale Hose victory. Is it just me or should these people be allowed to do this?

Mr. Jones

EOG Member
I was a die hard Cub fan raised in Chicago. Moved away many years ago. I am an ex-Cub fan because being a sports gambler, I'm an ex-anybody fan and am only a fan of whatever team my money rides on. Thus I can root for my hometown. [As long as my money is on them as it properly was.]

Very simple logic to me. Just don't understand sports gamblers being fans. Another reason why most lose.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Mr. Jones said:
I was a die hard Cub fan raised in Chicago. Moved away many years ago. I am an ex-Cub fan because being a sports gambler, I'm an ex-anybody fan and am only a fan of whatever team my money rides on. Thus I can root for my hometown. [As long as my money is on them as it properly was.]

Very simple logic to me. Just don't understand sports gamblers being fans. Another reason why most lose.
I agree Mr. J, but I was actually talking about non-betting fans. Moneywise, I learned thirty years ago to 'hate' the hometeam!